PDA

View Full Version : Romney praises Ron Paul's 51 years of marriage

Primbs
02-05-2008, 09:28 AM
At the West Virginia convention, an audience member shouted Ron Paul and Romney praised Ron Paul's marriage for 51 years.

WilliamC
02-05-2008, 09:32 AM
Good move by Romney. Always try and keep your message positive, even if it means complimenting your opponents.

Maybe he's learned not to make fun of Ron Paul.

constituent
02-05-2008, 09:39 AM
Good move by Romney. Always try and keep your message positive, even if it means complimenting your opponents.

Maybe he's learned not to make fun of Ron Paul.

maybe their own ego/desire to win has forced some rational thought into their otherwise chicken-headed selves.

tellin' ya, they're thinking RP as VP... of course i got shouted down and called an idiot the other day for suggesting that.... but

we'll see.

seeker1
02-05-2008, 09:44 AM
I think it's the only thing they agree on.

Being a Mormon and believing in eternal marriage on their own planet or something like that. :cool:

WilliamC
02-05-2008, 12:34 PM
maybe their own ego/desire to win has forced some rational thought into their otherwise chicken-headed selves.

tellin' ya, they're thinking RP as VP... of course i got shouted down and called an idiot the other day for suggesting that.... but

we'll see.

Let's see what Ron Paul has to say about this.

I tend to doubt it myself.

evandi
02-05-2008, 12:37 PM
Lets see. He is at a convention where no one has a majority of votes, and there are 112 Ron Paul supporters who could put him over the top. I wonder if he was pandering?...

Mystile
02-05-2008, 12:38 PM
I think it has something to do with the fact that Willard has pretty much alienated himself from both the Huck and McWar, probably trying to pander to Paul.

Dave Pedersen
02-05-2008, 12:45 PM
Paul had the class to dismiss any concern about Romney being Mormon.

seeker1
02-05-2008, 12:49 PM
Paul had the class to dismiss any concern about Romney being Mormon.

As a payback of sorts?

Or should the fact that Romney is a Mormon be a non-factor?

I'm not sure what you're saying.:confused:

Dave Pedersen
02-05-2008, 12:53 PM
As a payback of sorts?

Or should the fact that Romney is a Mormon be a non-factor?

I'm not sure what you're saying.:confused:

I'm saying respect encourages respect. I'm saying they both have the capacity to respect each other as people. I'm saying a Romney/Paul ticket is possible.