PDA

View Full Version : If Mitt drops out today...

Mister Grieves
02-05-2008, 09:09 AM
what are the odds of him throwing his support behind Paul by urging his delegates to vote for Paul at the convention?

I mean, Ron Paul is the only one who has been civil to Romney and I don't see how he could have a soul if he ends up backing McCain.

Thoughts?

Jae0
02-05-2008, 09:09 AM
Romney woudl NEVER do that he hates Ron Paul.

280Z28
02-05-2008, 09:10 AM

It's true, just look at the Marc Lawson (Larson?) radio interview.

limequat
02-05-2008, 09:11 AM
Never happen. Mitt is scum.

Eponym_mi
02-05-2008, 09:14 AM
Wake up! You're dreaming.:rolleyes:

Havax
02-05-2008, 09:15 AM
Romney hates Ron Paul: http://youtube.com/watch?v=6lAFfLy05_Y

Steve_New_Jersey
02-05-2008, 09:16 AM
Mit still has a hudge bank roll. He is not going away today. I wish he would.

hasan
02-05-2008, 09:16 AM
its all business for romney. hel be aiming for VP and his best chance is obviously mccain although rudy seems to be his lap dog now. i thin if huckabee drops out some of his delegates might come to ron paul

kotetu
02-05-2008, 09:17 AM
Maybe Mitt will have a life altering, near-death experience, realize we need more truth and integrity and politics, and THEN endorse Ron Paul.

Oh yeah, and Mike Huckabee might have a religious experience and do the same thing. :D hahaha

Sorry, sorry! I couldn't help it. But I hope those two do drop out and request that their supporters go to Ron Paul.

Mister Grieves
My line of thinking was that McCain and Huckster have gone after Romney so hard that I don't see how he can possibly back either one of them, but he is a career politician so I shouldn't be surprised by anything, I suppose.

Royksopp
Romney probably won't back anyone.

Chester Copperpot
02-05-2008, 09:19 AM
Mit still has a hudge bank roll. He is not going away today. I wish he would.

dont be so sure.. supposedly he wasnt spending any money in super tuesday states... He's lent himself $35 million.. even with matching funds he probably couldnt get more than $10 million back....

280Z28
02-05-2008, 09:19 AM
Remember on multiple occasions Paul has defended Mitt against attacks.

Royksopp
02-05-2008, 09:20 AM

Also it is often true that when Paul speaks, Romney does often nod his head in appreciation.

Jae0
02-05-2008, 09:24 AM
Also it is often true that when Paul speaks, Romney does often nod his head in appreciation.

Youtube? Because i've NEVER seen that happen.

Chester Copperpot
02-05-2008, 09:24 AM
I dont think Romney will back Paul by any means.. EVEN if he admires Paul sticking up for his mormonism... EVEN if he admires Paul on his economic plan...

Romney is too connected with lobbyists and corporatism.. Look at all the sneaky tricks being played in the election... Everytime they go back to Romney.. Remember the Anti-Fred Thompson website.. Romney's guy, crap against huckabee.. Even ANTI-MITT phone calling that got traced back to some mormon supporter of Mitt so he could blame dirty tricks on somebody else....

I wouldnt break bread with Mitt.

Royksopp
02-05-2008, 09:25 AM
Youtube? Because i've NEVER seen that happen.

Florida and California debates.

acptulsa
02-05-2008, 09:26 AM
Strange as it seems to me to say it, if there's a possible coalition between existing candidates at some point with one as exec and one as vp, Paul and Romney seems to me to be the most likely. Very strange as Paul is steady as a rock and Romney as variable as a weather vane, but for some reason that's how it smells to me. But I full well expect both to be in it to the convention. If there's an early dropout in the pack, neither of these is it, I think.

I kind of hope the recent spate of attacks on McCain's alleged conservatism lead him down the dropout path! That aside, I think we'll do much better if the field remains a four man race. Paul as Romney's vp would put him in a position to try to keep the guy honest, and I'd support that ticket if I couldn't get better. Keeping that pretty boy honest, though, sounds like one hell of a lot of work for a man Paul's age!

Jae0
02-05-2008, 09:26 AM
Never saw it. I've only seen him smirk and laugh and look condescending.
Huck was the only one to ever show respect.

JS4Pat
02-05-2008, 09:29 AM
what are the odds of him throwing his support behind Paul by urging his delegates to vote for Paul at the convention?
ZILCH.

Mitt Romney is a puppet and an empty suit. He is not at all interested in improving the condition of the country. He is interested in what benefits Mitt Romney. And getting behind John McCain (the establishment) benfits him more than risking his reputation/status to get behind a genuine movement like ours.

It's sad - but true.

gjdavis60
02-05-2008, 09:30 AM
Romney is a party man. He will never support us. They will never support us. The Republicans will not support our platform until we have taken control of the party.

MoneyWhereMyMouthIs2
02-05-2008, 09:34 AM

That's the kind of guy Paul is. That's not the kind of guy Romney is.

Highstreet
02-05-2008, 09:39 AM

You are probably right, at least on the FP issue.

However every other one, Romney is constantly nodding his head at the debates in agreement with Paul's clear economic and social views.

seeker1
02-05-2008, 09:41 AM
1 in $54,000,000,000,000

RonRules
02-05-2008, 09:46 AM
Could Huck join Ron Paul if he goes independent?

Huck had plenty of publicity and won some states. Is that more likely or Goldwater Jr. as a running mate?

CGRescueSwimmer
02-05-2008, 09:46 AM
Anyone see the WV convention speech? I missed it working on my "honey do list"... How'd he do?

280Z28
02-05-2008, 09:49 AM
Anyone see the WV convention speech? I missed it working on my "honey do list"... How'd he do?

Really, really well.

Jae0
02-05-2008, 09:49 AM
You are probably right, at least on the FP issue.

However every other one, Romney is constantly nodding his head at the debates in agreement with Paul's clear economic and social views.

I've just never seen that. He's always sneering.

Laja
02-05-2008, 09:51 AM
Romney (aka Guy Smiley) is a mind controlled puppet, just like all the members of his cult. But in this one they find their big chance to control the country. He has no mind of his own. He does what he's programmed to do.

shooter_tx
02-05-2008, 09:52 AM
It's true, just look at the Marc Lawson (Larson?) radio interview.
ask and you shall receive (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6lAFfLy05_Y) ;)

pacelli
02-05-2008, 09:52 AM
Mitt ain't droppin' out.

shooter_tx
02-05-2008, 09:54 AM
I dont think Romney will back Paul by any means.. EVEN if he admires Paul sticking up for his mormonism... EVEN if he admires Paul on his economic plan...

Romney is too connected with lobbyists and corporatism.. Look at all the sneaky tricks being played in the election... Everytime they go back to Romney.. Remember the Anti-Fred Thompson website.. Romney's guy, crap against huckabee.. Even ANTI-MITT phone calling that got traced back to some mormon supporter of Mitt so he could blame dirty tricks on somebody else....

I wouldnt break bread with Mitt.
Which one was that? I remember the one that was traced back to that group that had backed Brownback in the past.....

CGRescueSwimmer
02-05-2008, 09:54 AM
Really, really well.

Thanks! That's really good to hear! I hope the convention responds to his message... Any idea when they vote?

constituent
02-05-2008, 09:55 AM
romney is the perfect example of everything that is wrong with this country.

constituent
02-05-2008, 09:56 AM
Romney is a party man. He will never support us. They will never support us. The Republicans will not support our platform until we have taken control of the party.

naaah, that's when all this filth about loyalty to the party will go out the window for these folks.