PDA

View Full Version : Final Vote for our Austin Billboard before print!

ronpaulbillboards
02-05-2008, 08:37 AM
Based on feedback from a few individuals and our own curiosity, we have created different color schemes for our designs. We value your opinion and so we want you to vote for the design you believe is the most effective for the Austin, Texas market. There are some choices that could be mixed matched between the different color backgrounds as well. We need to go to print soon so once I see a clear design winner we will close the poll. The location consists of two 9 x 30 billboards with a 2 foot gap in between each billboard. We will have both sides of the billboard to enable us to reach both north and south bound traffic on I-35.

It has come down to these 2 designs so we wanted a separate poll to narrow this down. The issue has been raised of Trolls manipulating votes so to prevent this your user name will be displayed with vote.

Vote and have fun!

Designs for bilboard facing oncoming traffic.

http://www.ronpaulbillboards.com/sitebuildercontent/sitebuilderpictures/voteRP.JPG

http://www.ronpaulbillboards.com/sitebuildercontent/sitebuilderpictures/RPbottom2.JPG

http://www.ronpaulbillboards.com/sitebuildercontent/sitebuilderpictures/rpissueswhite1.JPG

http://www.ronpaulbillboards.com/sitebuildercontent/sitebuilderpictures/RPbottomwhite1.JPG

donniedark0
02-05-2008, 08:39 AM
As a designer, a black background w/ white contrasting text stands out strongest, and a photo is more personal. So, I vote #1.

Agent CSL
02-05-2008, 08:42 AM
I believe the white one stands out more and it doesn't hurt my eyes.

ronpaulbillboards
02-05-2008, 08:43 AM
As a designer, a black background w/ white contrasting text stands out strongest, and a photo is more personal. So, I vote #1.

I believe this as well especially with the Austin market. There are several of Fortune 500 companies and non-profits on the I-35 corridor with this design scheme. We have had several professional marketing Ad reps and graphic designers look at our designs and they love the black design. But there are others who disagree, so that's why we have the poll.

LibertyEagle
02-05-2008, 08:44 AM
The white one. Because the lighter background is more hopeful. The dark background seems to imply foreboding and I don't think we want to associate that with Ron.

BTW, I live in Austin too. :)

AlbemarleNC0003
02-05-2008, 08:45 AM
black.

Jae0
02-05-2008, 08:45 AM
voted for black

Royksopp
02-05-2008, 08:47 AM
It should have mentioned that he is a Texas Congressman.

still very good though.

ronpaulbillboards
02-05-2008, 08:55 AM
I believe the white one stands out more and it doesn't hurt my eyes.

On a giant billboard these designs look different, your eyes will see the white fonts. They will stand out against the black background and thats why the design scheme is so popular. The white background gets lost in the blue sky and clouds since it's on an elevated highway that has a backdrop of the sky. Just a heads up on the location.

Black background and white fonts billboards off the top of my head on I-35

A Scion car ad
Jack Daniels ad
Shiner Bock ad
Kettle one ad

These are all on the I-35 corridor near our location. The words stand out and are easy to read and that is the goal of the ad.

I like the white as well, just think the black works better for this location.
There is another location on I-35 I believe the white would work better than the black. I drive past these everyday and mostly during nighttime due to my work hours.

Vote your opinion counts!

ronpaulbillboards
02-05-2008, 08:57 AM
It should have mentioned that he is a Texas Congressman.

still very good though.

We thought about that and tried it but it was too many words and we didn't want to confuse anyone about what to vote for. He is running for his Congressional seat as well. He has great name recognition in Texas and there are signs everywhere that say Ron Paul for President.

ronpaulbillboards
02-05-2008, 09:00 AM
The white one. Because the lighter background is more hopeful. The dark background seems to imply foreboding and I don't think we want to associate that with Ron.

BTW, I live in Austin too. :)

The issues facing our country are dire and we need a bold statement to represent the seriousness of these issues. I believe that is why the black background is resonating with people.

I believe that the white will work as well. Arghh

Keep voting!

jake
02-05-2008, 09:00 AM
white seems to "look nicer" but the black stands out more, voted black!

maeqFREEDOMfree
02-05-2008, 09:02 AM
another designer here... i think the white appears "softer" i like the third one the best (white one with picture)

MJfromCT
02-05-2008, 09:05 AM
The marketing people and graphic designers seemed to be steering you the right way. Black background, white lettering

ronpaulbillboards
02-05-2008, 09:08 AM
another designer here... i think the white appears "softer" i like the third one the best (white one with picture)

I do as well and it looks great. We are trying to catch commuters attention on the highway and the bold contrast of white and black will do it. There is no doubt they will read the issues, website and phone number and that is the goal. I can't see a background color turning them off. What can happen is people will not notice the white one due to the soft nature of it.

Keep voting, your opinion counts!

Royksopp
02-05-2008, 09:09 AM
Black.

PRIEST
02-05-2008, 09:09 AM
I'd prefer "•restore the dollar" and for the white one to have the 877-RON-PAUL number, not sure what the 866-RON-2008 is.

ronpaulbillboards
02-05-2008, 09:16 AM
The marketing people and graphic designers seemed to be steering you the right way. Black background, white lettering

It accomplishes 2 things it will definitely make them look and they can't help but see the easy white lettering and that's the goal. This design works for multi-billion dollar companies so it is very effective. Also we want to differentiate Ron Paul from the status quo of any of these other campaigns who try to wrap themselves around the imagery of Patriotism but without substance. Texas is an open primary so this design can appeal to young apathetic voters, Democrats; Libertarians and Independents who are undecided and are scared of anything Republican.

In the 2006 Governor race the total Independent vote was 1.3 million, which beat the Democrat Chris Bell and almost beat Rick Perry. We can reach these Independent voters who voted for Kinky whose tagline was "Kinky for Governor" and Carol Strayhorn "The Grandma". Both were very unconventional campaigns and were claiming to buck the establishment and they gave Rick Perry a run for their money. In fact Rick Perry lost in Travis county I believe and it was between Kinky and Carol.

ronpaulbillboards
02-05-2008, 09:21 AM
I'd prefer "•restore the dollar" and for the white one to have the 877-RON-PAUL number, not sure what the 866-RON-2008 is.

Ron Paul specifically says strengthen the dollar when speaking about the Fed. He also says the dollar is weak. He said it most recently during the MTV dialog.
The 866-ron-2008 number is for the Central Texas Headquarters for the Ron Paul grassroots campaign. Since it's local, they can better inform the people calling about specifics about polling locations and such.

ronpaulbillboards
02-05-2008, 09:29 AM
I just got off my 12 hour shift and will catch some ZZZ's. Later this afternoon I will go over results
and finalize everything to be sent for the vinyl printing for the designs.

We appreciate all the people that have taken the time to voice their opinion and be a part of choosing our designs. We trust the grassroots, so your opinions are valuable.

Keep voting and bumping thread, the ball is in your court!

Go Ron Paul on Super Tuesday!

Laja
02-05-2008, 09:34 AM
I live in Austin and our skies are so bright that I do think the white one will get lost visually. I liked the blue background the best, but apparently that's been taken off the table. Will the black one show up at night?

ronpaulbillboards
02-05-2008, 09:39 AM
I live in Austin and our skies are so bright that I do think the white one will get lost visually. I liked the blue background the best, but apparently that's been taken off the table. Will the black one show up at night?

There are several in the same are with the same black background and white lettering and all show up great at night. I work nights so I see this all the time.
Also the billboard will be illuminated at night as well, even better for white fonts. The other billboards white fonts pop better at night and of course during the day. I will take pictures to show people what I mean.

Other ads in prime location on I-35 with black background and white fonts.

Scion car ad
Jack Daniels
Shiner Bock
Kettle One
United Negro College Fund

LEK
02-05-2008, 09:49 AM
I know it's too late for this billboard but the words "Strong National Defense" needs to be stated. I come across TOO MANY people who think his foreign policy will endanger the USA.

For future advertisements...