PDA

View Full Version : Update From the Campaign Trail

ghemminger
08-08-2007, 12:43 AM
At the moment we're driving from Des Moines to Fairfield. I'm in the back of the van while Dr. Paul and Mrs. Paul are taking a nap in the seats in front of me. ----- our chief of security is driving and campaign attorney ------- is riding shotgun.

I'm officially on staff now as the Director of Video Production. ------- asked me to join the staffer as opposed to being a contractor because I'm handling the audio/video for the events as well as doing the video. He wants me focused on the campaign 24/7 and not distracted by other projects and clients.

We had a great turnout at the rally in Pittsburgh on Thursday. I was a bit distracted from my A/V duties there because I was producing our first TV ad which will be airing throughout Iowa running up to the straw poll. ------ said he also wants to put it on YouTube so look out for it.

Ron did very well in the debate today. I split my time between the Spin Room, sign waving event and TV viewing at the Drake Diner across the street. If you didn't see the live webstream, I believe you can watch the archives on Justice TV There was no audio for the beginning of that and we had a low band width problem as well.

We'll be streaming live often throughout the week so check it out if you get a chance.

I'm trying to nail down a date for Freedom Fest but it's very difficult. I've talked often with ------- about it and they want to commit to event. There's a major western states trip they're trying to lock down in mid September that may be an ideal time for Freedom Fest but the dates are still up in the air. The 29th won't work because it's the weekend that the entire Paul family will be in New Hampshire for a statewide campaign walk.

I did talk to Dr. Paul and ----- about Ron appearing on Steven Vincent's Ron Paul Radio premiere Monday night. That should be a go unless a scheduling problem arises. We will be traveling during that time period so it will have to occur via cell phone.

I'm about to fall asleep myself. I had seven hours sleep in four days before finally getting 5 hours sleep last night.

Peace and liberty,

cujothekitten
08-08-2007, 01:18 AM
Thanks for the update! Sounds exhausting but fun :D