PDA

View Full Version : I was waiting for the train yesterday...

Steve_New_Jersey
02-05-2008, 07:04 AM
When my phone rang. Long and behold it was a message from Ron Paul about getting out and voting today. It was early for me about 3pm eastern and I was on my way to work.

The call cought me off guard. When I hear RP speak or watch his vids/debates I cant help but stand up and clap. I just can not help it heh. So here I am at the train station in New Brunswick NJ with my headphones on surrounded by every type of person you can think of. All colors ,shapes, sizes and stereotypes and I stand up and start clapping LOL!

At this point I have not finished my morning pick-me-up yet and I have no idea that everyone is now staring at me. Well over 100 people on both sides of the station are looking at me like I am "the crazy guy" that you run into at waiting for the train a few times during the year.

All at once it hit me. I looked around and just froze. I started to slowly back up tward my bench to sit down hoping everyone would forget about me. It did not work. First an older guy around 50ish saw my RP shirt. He said "Everyone backup he is one of those crazy RP supporters you see on the news!" in gest. He got a few people going. 2 young Rutgers students asked me what was so good I had to make a total ass out of myself. I told them I got a message from RP on my phone about the election coming up. Turns out both support RP. We all cracked jokes and talked friendly politics for a bit.

Within 5 minutes more then 20 people on our platform started talking about the election. I was very supprised to find a few more RP supporters around me. I heard from a few others on the ropes and shy on putting out an opinion but leaning to RP. A good selection but mostly in the direction of RP.

I had an awsome day because of this. It instilled in me even more hope. These had been some of the nicest most open folks I have run into in a long time. We are not known for our hospitality in NJ LOL! Everyone got along even with those chatting it up in support of other hopefulls in such a friendly fluid manor. Even the old guy cracking jokes changed his opinion of RP supporters. He said he would consider not chasing us off his porch if we dropped by with some information. He was very funny. He had a few good Nader jokes :)

I just wanted to say thanks to all of you that go out and put your time into this race for RP. I am super over worked atm. I could only dream of canvasing. This is the most dedicated bunch of people I have ever seen. I have never seen so many bright minds coming alive and interacting with the public. You all give this over worked guy hope that things will get better even if its one inch at a time.

Now stop reading this thread and get your RP gear on and get outside there is an election today!

p.s.
Forgive my horrible posting skills as my phone is a horrible input device.

freedom-maniac
02-05-2008, 07:12 AM
Amazing, amazing...

Agent CSL
02-05-2008, 07:18 AM
Awesome, inspiriing. I just choked on a carrot.

drexhex
02-05-2008, 07:45 AM
I just choked on a carrot.

I don't know why, but that's the funniest comment I've read in a long time.

Dary
02-05-2008, 07:57 AM
A few of us RPS were on a fairly packed elevator the other day when I just blurted out..."So ya'll gonna vote for Ron Paul?" Everyone on the elevator had a piece of lit in their hands before we hit the ground floor. Talk about a captured audience. We got a good chuckle out of that.

Acidlump
02-05-2008, 08:02 AM
I would have a RONGASM too if I got a call from him

Jae0
02-05-2008, 08:02 AM
You know thats brilliant. Get them when they're unable to walk away. haha

Chester Copperpot
02-05-2008, 08:05 AM
When my phone rang. Long and behold it was a message from Ron Paul about getting out and voting today. It was early for me about 3pm eastern and I was on my way to work.

The call cought me off guard. When I hear RP speak or watch his vids/debates I cant help but stand up and clap. I just can not help it heh. So here I am at the train station in New Brunswick NJ with my headphones on surrounded by every type of person you can think of. All colors ,shapes, sizes and stereotypes and I stand up and start clapping LOL!

At this point I have not finished my morning pick-me-up yet and I have no idea that everyone is now staring at me. Well over 100 people on both sides of the station are looking at me like I am "the crazy guy" that you run into at waiting for the train a few times during the year.

All at once it hit me. I looked around and just froze. I started to slowly back up tward my bench to sit down hoping everyone would forget about me. It did not work. First an older guy around 50ish saw my RP shirt. He said "Everyone backup he is one of those crazy RP supporters you see on the news!" in gest. He got a few people going. 2 young Rutgers students asked me what was so good I had to make a total ass out of myself. I told them I got a message from RP on my phone about the election coming up. Turns out both support RP. We all cracked jokes and talked friendly politics for a bit.

Within 5 minutes more then 20 people on our platform started talking about the election. I was very supprised to find a few more RP supporters around me. I heard from a few others on the ropes and shy on putting out an opinion but leaning to RP. A good selection but mostly in the direction of RP.

I had an awsome day because of this. It instilled in me even more hope. These had been some of the nicest most open folks I have run into in a long time. We are not known for our hospitality in NJ LOL! Everyone got along even with those chatting it up in support of other hopefulls in such a friendly fluid manor. Even the old guy cracking jokes changed his opinion of RP supporters. He said he would consider not chasing us off his porch if we dropped by with some information. He was very funny. He had a few good Nader jokes :)

I just wanted to say thanks to all of you that go out and put your time into this race for RP. I am super over worked atm. I could only dream of canvasing. This is the most dedicated bunch of people I have ever seen. I have never seen so many bright minds coming alive and interacting with the public. You all give this over worked guy hope that things will get better even if its one inch at a time.

Now stop reading this thread and get your RP gear on and get outside there is an election today!

p.s.
Forgive my horrible posting skills as my phone is a horrible input device.

Youre posting on this message board from your cell phone?!?!?

I didnt know you could do that.

Jae0
02-05-2008, 08:06 AM
Youre posting on this message board from your cell phone?!?!?

I didnt know you could do that.

You have to have a kind of fancy phone I think.

Conza88
02-05-2008, 08:10 AM
ROFL. Omg hahah.
Pure quality.
I think I will give that a try.!

NoPants
02-05-2008, 09:02 AM
That picked me up! The last 2 days have been pretty rough. I haven't gotten a good Ron Paul fix since the MTV "debate".

Thank you.