PDA

View Full Version : Bad East Coast Turnout

Proctor
02-05-2008, 06:58 AM
The entire east coast is going to be pounded with severe thunderstorms and heavy rain today, which I'm guessing will make people not leave their house. Especially old people, which is good news.

http://www.weather.com/maps/maptype/currentweatherusnational/usdopplerradar_large.html?from=hp_main_maps

Myerz
02-05-2008, 07:19 AM
Don't count on it.... The old farts ( no offense, I'll be one in 20 years...and won't mind it) they will find a way....shuttle, bus, walker, wheeelchair.....bitch and moan until some young caregiver takes them to the polls.

Don't bank on a porton of the population not showing up just because of the weather.

Eponym_mi
02-05-2008, 07:26 AM
Especially old people, which is good news.

A lot of old people vote absentee, so, if anything they'll be over-represented.

ChooseLiberty
02-05-2008, 07:57 AM
I get this picture of all these old folks driving their McPain sticker covered rascal scooters with little flags in the rain. :D

Chester Copperpot
02-05-2008, 08:00 AM
I got done voting in NJ and there were only 2 other people in there one senior woman, and another woman in her 30s.

Chester Copperpot
02-05-2008, 08:01 AM
A certain amount of old folks with still come out.. They have nothing to do.. voting is like a major event for alot of these people, especially the ones cooped up in assisted livinghomes, etc and stuff like that...

all4one
02-05-2008, 08:04 AM
I just voted here in Montgomery, AL where the weather is cool, cloudy and damp. There were a few folks at my polling place. I would say that 90% of those 40 - 50 were all senior citizens...

GO Dr. PAUL!

Meekus
02-05-2008, 09:17 AM
Bad weather.... hah! I laugh in the face of bad weather! No bad weather will stop me and my family from casting our votes for the good Doctor!

defe07
02-05-2008, 11:21 AM
I currently live in Santiago,Chile and yesterday it rained. It's summer down here and it's very weird that it rains in summer. Knowing that there's rain on the East Coast could mean a signal. It could mean God is telling us something with this.

Paulitical Correctness
02-05-2008, 11:22 AM
I can't stand old people. >/

hayeksrevenge
02-05-2008, 11:42 AM
The entire east coast is going to be pounded with severe thunderstorms and heavy rain today, which I'm guessing will make people not leave their house. Especially old people, which is good news.

http://www.weather.com/maps/maptype/currentweatherusnational/usdopplerradar_large.html?from=hp_main_maps

I'm in SouthEast Georgia in a medium sized city and the turn out here is huge... the poll officers claim the turnout is on pace to be the biggest in years. People are worried about the economy and they are voting.

beachmaster
02-05-2008, 01:20 PM
One of the guys in our meetup last night quoted an email he got to me which made me go "ugggghhhh".

Regarding those elderly voters: Those who have 2 years left to live deciding what will happen in 4.

I'm all for cutting off the right to vote if you receive government "entitlements".

jasonuher
02-05-2008, 01:21 PM
People are worried about the economy and they are voting.

for mccain :rolleyes:

I fucking hate politics.