PDA

View Full Version : "Freedom Force", the constitution, and the tough situations..

Agent CSL
02-05-2008, 06:29 AM
Last night I was watching a speech that was for Freedom Force, their website is here (http://www.freedom-force.org/). I agree with 99% of their creed but I also find one of their "commandments" could be used against them. That is here:

FREEDOM OF CHOICE
Do not use coercion for any purpose except to protect human life, liberty, or property.

By any means this could be abused to say "Well, we have terrorists, so we must use force to protect you and bring out any sleeper cells.." -- but in of itself can be a violation of liberty and property.

Here's my tough situation. I believe that people should be free to do anything they want as long as it doesn't put someone elses life in immediate danger. The first thing I think of is traffic, roads, and driver's licenses. I personally think that it should be required for vehicle owners to take tests and get licenses because on the road people's lives are in immediate danger. I think that a driver's license has been ruled unconstitutional, but should it be an exception to protect the immediate lives of our citizens?

The same goes for requiring state or federal licenses for things like pilots, doctors, first aid workers, or any other situation in which a US citizen's life is in the immediate possibility of danger.

Is it OK to be hypocritical in this situation, or is there a workaround to it?
What do you think about licensing?