PDA

View Full Version : Rush Limbaugh Email

midevilmark
02-05-2008, 01:53 AM
Just sent this to Limbaugh

I have been listening to and enjoying the insights you have been offering up for over 15 years. You have been “the authority” on conservative thought in our generation, and that is why I am writing to voice my concern for the current state of the Republican Party. I have utter disgust for the choices laid out before me, sans one, Dr. Ron Paul.
Before you shut me out, let me appeal to your innate senses of logic and reasoning. Dr. Paul is the only true conservative horse in the race. Some have described his brand of libertarian conservatism as a drive towards total anarchy. Nothing could be further from the truth. Would the first 130 or so years in our country’s history be qualified as such?
Dr. Paul’s message is simple, and harkens back to the intentions of the founding fathers; a rightful self-determined existence in a free-market system where a person can live without overwhelming interference from an oppressive government. Now Dr. Paul has been talking about sound money, low taxes, non-interventionist foreign policy, free markets, and less government spending; if these ideas are scary to Republicans, don’t tell Barry Goldwater, Ronald Reagan, or Robert Taft. They may want out.
Let me highlight some major points in his thinking:

1) Economics – Dr. Paul sees our current economic problems as a direct result of a flawed system built on an unconstitutional foundation. We lack sound money that inherently allows for borrowing, spending, and taxation. The cycle is very clear; congress promises tons, spends liberally, monetizes debt into bonds, sells the bonds, and then demands income taxes from the public to service exorbitant national debt obligations. How else would we be able to afford the $146 billion “stimulus package”? Barry Goldwater said, “Government must do everything within its power to guarantee a sound dollar. It can do this by reasonable budgets, by living within the means of the people who pay the bills, and by encouraging the individual enterprise from which the real value of money is formed.”
And Ronald Reagan emphasized, “Let us show that we stand for fiscal integrity and sound money and above all for an end to deficit spending, with ultimate retirement of the national debt.”
With the exception of the Civil War, the first 124 years of our country’s history was marked by stable economic growth and little inflation. Since the genesis of the Fed and IRS in 1913, we have suffered numerous boom-bust cycles, marked periods of unemployment, and persistent inflation, all of which are in direct contrast to the Fed’s charter. Today one dollar buys what $.04 bought in 1913. Sound currency is paramount to holding a politician’s feet to the fire, in so far as the debt never becomes less onerous due to inflation.

2) Foreign Policy – This is one area that I know bothers most conservatives. Dr. Paul has been accused multiple times of “blaming America first”. Nothing could be further from the truth. Dr. Paul has said numerous times that the acts against the US were categorically despicable, and the work of mad men. As a doctor he must have been trained to look past the symptom, terrorism, and ask what is the root cause of the disease. Dr. Paul has never once suggested that America lay down to anyone, but has insisted that we ask, “What is the root cause of this animosity?” Dr. Paul’s belief in a strong military is proof positive that he is by no means a pacifist, but a believer in minding our own business. However, if provoked, declare war constitutionally and finish it quickly. Looking back on the “Police Actions” and “Conflicts” the US has endeavored upon over the last 60 years, I would like to ask anyone this question. Who would be the first to sign their son up for Vietnam today, knowing what we know now? Ron Paul’s point is this: why do we have military bases all over the world? Do we need over 700 bases in over 130 countries? Why do we need to defend England, Germany, Italy, etc? Isn’t there a European Union with 27 countries capable of doing just that? What does all of this cost?
I know this antidotal, but I have traveled all over the world, and have never experienced problems as an “America citizen”, but have encountered great hostility for our government. People everywhere love the American citizens, our freedoms, our way of life, our culture, and our success as a country, but they hate our Government. I repeat, they hate our Government. The US Government has a reputation for meddling in the affairs of other sovereign nations for years, Iraq, Iran, Pakistan, Cuba, Egypt, etc. How long would we stand for this if, for instance, China turned the tables on us and set up bases on our shores and told us how to live?
This interventionalist mindset toward nation building is the height of liberal arrogance on a macro scale. You condemned these same actions during the Clinton Administration in Kosovo, for example. When Liberals state that individuals must seed control of their lives for the elites know better, we say that is crazy. When we as a nation tell Iraq the same thing, it is to stabilize the world. The easiest way, sometimes, to see the flaws in an argument, is to scale it up or down. Did we not reject the same imperial hubris from the British in 1776 with violence and terror in order to just be left to self governance?

3) Immigration – Close the border, enforce visa rules, no amnesty, no welfare for illegal aliens, and end birthright citizenship. It doesn’t get much more straight forward than this. No nuanced answers on the subject.

4) Health Care – Get government out of medicine completely, and allow the free market to work efficiently. Government has never done anything efficiently, why would things change with medicine. The same folks that brought you the IRS, Social Security, and the Post Office, are now going to take care of us?

5) Miscellaneous – Nobody is stronger on the Second Amendment. He still wants to abolish the Department of Education. We always talk about lower taxes, how about no income taxes? If we cut spending levels to just 1999 budget levels, and balanced the budget, we could eliminate the IRS tomorrow. Now that is a tax cut!!!

I could go on and on, but the point here is clear, in a field of candidates of questionable conservative pedigree, one stands alone, Dr. Ron Paul. His unyielding commitments to conservative principles and individual liberty for over thirty years are proof of his worthiness. He is the torchbearer in the lineage of Taft, Goldwater, and Reagan.
As we stand on this precipice, we all have a choice, stand and fight for conservatism, or acquiesce to moderate liberalism in the Republican Party? Your sphere of influence is undeniable, the question is, what are you going to do with it? You don’t necessarily have to endorse Ron Paul, but everyday he is ignored by you, and others, is another day that true constitutional conservatism fall under greater siege. Just by talking about his positions you have the opportunity to force the bell curve back to the right in the GOP. I strongly urge you to take the time to investigate Dr. Paul’s positions and see how close he really is to your own belief system. Even better invite him on your show. Please won’t you join us in the fight for the future of America?

MayTheRonBeWithYou
02-05-2008, 02:00 AM
Hopefully he will read it. If McShame is the GOP nominee and Ron runs independent, I think there is a chance we could get talk show hosts like Rush and others to take another look at Ron Paul. They have already said they will not support McAmnesty.

bcreps85
02-05-2008, 02:08 AM
Good letter, should at least make a dent...

nodope0695
02-05-2008, 02:13 AM
Yes, McNamedropper is highly disliked by alot of so-called conservative talking heads.

DirtMcGirt
02-05-2008, 02:14 AM
http://img525.imageshack.us/img525/1650/peculiar203rp3te7.jpg (http://imageshack.us)
[URL=http://g.imageshack.us/g.php?h=525&i=peculiar203rp3te7.jpg][IMG]http://img52

Send that to Rush!!!

Carole
02-05-2008, 03:58 AM
Very well done. A reasonable, rational well-thought out letter that any person of reason should appreciate. Thanks for sharing. :)