PDA

View Full Version : Will the Media be embarrassed tomorrow?

doronster195
02-05-2008, 01:46 AM
I was just wondering, if Ron Paul does decently well tomorrow. Will the media be embarrassed at the fact that they haven't given him any coverage? Will they start giving him coverage?

Trigonx
02-05-2008, 01:49 AM
I really think we can get Alaska, Montana, ND, and maybe even Minnesota. It would be excellent to maybe get 1-2 CD's in CA(more would be nice).

kyleAF
02-05-2008, 01:50 AM
He'd have to do REALLY well for the ban to longer be effective and to become completely transparent to the average casual TV watcher. Only then will they lift it.

PauliticsPolitics
02-05-2008, 01:51 AM
The media won't be embarrassed if we do well. They will call it a surprise, or even worse, blame it on weather or the electoral system. You know how they do it. The truth is, when we do well, nobody will report it, unless of course we dominate.

krott5333
02-05-2008, 01:52 AM
He'd have to do REALLY well for the ban to longer be effective and to become completely transparent to the average casual TV watcher. Only then will they lift it.

are you kidding me? it doesnt matter how many states we win, they'll just minimalize those states and talk about the others

Oyate
02-05-2008, 01:54 AM
No, they really don't get it. We've certainly embarrased some media figures (and we'll continue), but the real damage to the media is they've lost a huge amount of legitimacy. There are a few ten or hundred thousand former FoxNews viewers who are permanently disgusted. Every new Ron Paul supporter is freshly awakened to the sham MSM and their cooked elections.

And they totally don't get it.

doronster195
02-05-2008, 01:58 AM
I know for a fact that, although Fox News used to be MY channel, it will now only be watched when I'm looking for some comic relief.

Paulitician
02-05-2008, 01:59 AM
Absolutely not. I'll be surprised if they mention him at all, whether he does well or not.

hueylong
02-05-2008, 02:00 AM
NO. We're not going to get coverage. The blackout has NOTHING to do with how well we're doing... It has to do with the fact that Dr. Paul is a THREAT to the establishment.

They are ignoring him because they're AFRAID of him. The better we do, the more intensely they'll ignore him.

fj45lvr
02-05-2008, 02:01 AM
They don't care.

They'll be to busy reporting stories about their "candidates for CHANGE"!! Thats the fact Jack.

They are going to be cracking the champagne and congratulating themselves on their "job well done" laughing at the GOP jackasses that sunk their own ship by their total STUPIDITY!!! the GOP went from the penthouse to the outhouse in record time and deserve the TOTAL embarassment they are going to soon be taking with their latest idiot at the helm that will see a beating worse than michael Dukakis ever took.

The media will be full of giggles and laughs. And the writers strike didn't really hurt their script at all.

bcreps85
02-05-2008, 02:02 AM
No, they have no shame.

doronster195
02-05-2008, 02:02 AM
But there is no way people won't see right through the media if they don't report on RP if he did well in certain states. They'll have to put results from the states, they can't just go 1st--3rd--4th..
Unless it's fox news that is...

Paul Revered
02-05-2008, 02:03 AM
I know for a fact that, although Fox News used to be MY channel, it will now only be watched when I'm looking for some comic relief.It used to be; that was the only cable news channel that I would watch. I used to give them tremendous praise. I tried to encourage all Conservatives to watch it. Those days are over.

kickzman
02-05-2008, 02:06 AM
These bastards play dirty, I have a bad feelin after Louisiana and Nevada cheating scandals... Who the fuck to say if these bastards aren't completely rigging the system?? What then??

Ex Post Facto
02-05-2008, 02:10 AM
They will talk about who won California, and the other big states...they have over 20 states to pick which to talk about. They will claim they can't talk about them all.

affa
02-05-2008, 02:42 AM
These bastards play dirty, I have a bad feelin after Louisiana and Nevada cheating scandals... Who the fuck to say if these bastards aren't completely rigging the system?? What then??

+1776

affa
02-05-2008, 02:45 AM
The media will not cover us. They will lie and cheat and steal. If we manage the nomination they will portray it as theft, in the same way they treated the 2004 election (though in that case, they portrayed both candidates as thieves, the 'who' just depended on which channel you watched.) This will get dirty.

CurtisLow
02-05-2008, 02:48 AM
Will the Media be emberassed tommorow?
I know your spelling teacher will..lol j/j

Edu
02-05-2008, 03:03 AM
We know about it, what can we do about it? This has happened in other countries, wasn't TV but the same thing. How do we prevent it, and how can this country stop it from happening again?

People know about this but they just say "that's politics" or that some reporters are going to be biased and that's why it's happening.

We know it comes from the top.

We want a free society but yet controlling this with the government is out of the question, so what can you do when people always become the sheeple?

fj45lvr
02-05-2008, 03:12 AM
We know about it, what can we do about it? This has happened in other countries, wasn't TV but the same thing. How do we prevent it, and how can this country stop it from happening again?

People know about this but they just say "that's politics" or that some reporters are going to be biased and that's why it's happening.

We want a free society but yet controlling this with the government is out of the question, so what can you do when people always become the sheeple?

we need to do some investigation into the ownership of the various agencies and identify the individuals (if they are not corporations). and if corporations who the controlling people are.

you need to find out where these "principle" people have their largest investments (and I dare say the most vulnerable are overseas quite likely) and then you have to do some actual "harm" to their "world"....when they start to suffer losses they will at first try to crack down on them and "snuff" them out, if that fails they will have to either "bend" or they know they will be heaping on themselves their own ruin. This is the ONLY real way to correct the tyrannts and our founders knew it and wrote about it, and LIVED IT!!! the Sons of Liberty gave fair warning for the people to "knock it off and step away" and if they did not they were then "targets" for being terrorized.

jeffhenderson
02-05-2008, 03:20 AM
Get ready for the grey slice in the pie chart...

ronpaulblogsdotcom
02-05-2008, 03:23 AM
They will say we finally built robots to go and do the voting.

Edu
02-05-2008, 03:54 AM
ALL inquiries/complaints from POLITICAL CANDIDATES should be forwarded
to the FCC Media Bureau's Policy Division/Political Programming Branch.
Please contact the Media Bureau at telephone: 202-418-1440

muh_roads
02-05-2008, 04:04 AM
I really think we can get Alaska, Montana, ND, and maybe even Minnesota. It would be excellent to maybe get 1-2 CD's in CA(more would be nice).

Indeed. I was at the Minnesota rally and it was awesome. More people than Hillary had at her rally. Hopes are high here.

Washington State & West Virginia sound promising as well for Paul.

The hope is to cause a brokered convention. Since Paul can't take all the states, I hope everybody gets something. If Huckabee takes Georgia that keeps delegates away from McCain. Hopefully Romney & McCain split states.

No winner = Brokered Convention = Paul still has a chance to win over delegates despite the popular vote.

fj45lvr
02-05-2008, 04:19 AM
ALL inquiries/complaints from POLITICAL CANDIDATES should be forwarded
to the FCC Media Bureau's Policy Division/Political Programming Branch.
Please contact the Media Bureau at telephone: 202-418-1440

Is this their "wrist slapping" division or the "round file" records office????

that'll do jack squat....we're talking about the people that run the country for Christ sakes.

derekjohnson
02-05-2008, 05:34 AM
I doubt they will be embarrassed and I doubt they will give it more coverage than a line or two. They will be too busy telling us about McCain and Romney.

Mithridates
02-05-2008, 05:35 AM
After Hillary won NH the media took a good look at itself and its practices...for about an hour or so, then went back to predicting and creating reality. Here they are predicting the outcome again and narrowing the field down as they see fit. Even Huckabee is on the receiving end now.

It's pretty weird. Iowa, super important. Wyoming - what's that? NH, super important. Michigan - what's that? South Carolina, super important. Nevada - where? Florida, crucial! Maine - never heard of there.

I think it's just pure idiocy, not so much a conspiracy. Even Romney has been on the receiving end when he won states and never got media attention for it. Why was McCain's slight 3% margin in Florida so great compared to Romney's much larger wins in Nevada and Maine?

Even grammar has gotten worse recently. I can't count the number of times I've seen news articles with it's in place of its, or the other way around. "Its finally going well for McCain" or "Florida with it's x number of delegates..." You would think members of a conspiracy to dominate the country would at least know how to write.

Ron Paul Fan
02-05-2008, 05:37 AM
Plenty of people will be embarrassed tonight, but I have a feeling it won't be the media.

Paulitician
02-05-2008, 05:40 AM
Plenty of people will be embarrassed tonight, but I have a feeling it won't be the media.
ROFL!

Hopefully the same people get a reality check too.

jointhefightforfreedom
02-05-2008, 05:44 AM

TAKE UP ARMS !!!!

Steve_New_Jersey
02-05-2008, 05:50 AM
The blackout will continue. The money is changing hands again. They will not faulter while this is happening. They have waited to long. Sad realy.

nodope0695
02-05-2008, 05:56 AM
Embarrassed? That would assume they have a conscience...The media is absolutely without shame.

Look at Faux. The bungle stories all the time, and never correct themselves.

fj45lvr
02-05-2008, 11:58 AM
TAKE UP ARMS !!!!

yes. you wonder if the Jews of europe started to regret that they didn't actually do something to fight back.

You continue down the road long enough and its too late. our noose is getting so much tighter today and our domestic enemies have secured scores of victories with no resistance at all. All we see is the occassional grumble and whine, if even that. and unfortunately most people just don't want to face the facts of what is actually happening just like my jewish ancestors in europe.

rmholla
02-05-2008, 12:45 PM
I'm pretty sure there was a court case where the judge said that there is NO LAW which requires the news to be true.

-

fj45lvr
02-05-2008, 04:18 PM
I'm pretty sure there was a court case where the judge said that there is NO LAW which requires the news to be true.

-

Patriots know that their security and happiness isn't in the hands of justices appointed by politicians.

ErikBlack
02-05-2008, 04:26 PM
To assume that the media would be embarrassed is to desperately cling to the notion that the purpose of the media is to report the news! That is the big lie. The media provides two services and only two services:

1) Provide sensationalist entertainment for the docile masses
2) Serve as a propaganda arm for the government and big corporations

That is the sole purpose of the media. That is all it has ever done and all it ever will do. Stop believing that the media reports the news. That is not its purpose. The media creates "news" for your entertainment and for the manipulation of public opinion.

fj45lvr
02-05-2008, 04:39 PM
To assume that the media would be embarrassed is to desperately cling to the notion that the purpose of the media is to report the news! That is the big lie. The media provides two services and only two services:

1) Provide sensationalist entertainment for the docile masses
2) Serve as a propaganda arm for the government and big corporations

That is the sole purpose of the media. That is all it has ever done and all it ever will do. Stop believing that the media reports the news. That is not its purpose. The media creates "news" for your entertainment and for the manipulation of public opinion.

amen....well stated.

now lets plan putting the media in a shallow grave. it is our duty.

Goldwater Conservative
02-05-2008, 04:57 PM
are you kidding me? it doesnt matter how many states we win, they'll just minimalize those states and talk about the others

"With 100% of the Politburo reporting, CNN now projects that Mitt Romney has carried the People's Republic of China with 8 votes. John McCain gets 7 and Mike Huckabee trails with 5.

Earlier tonight the Russian Federation's Central Executive Committee reported that John McCain won its election with a narrow majority of the 15-member council. This recent development sets up a competitive two-man race when the candidates head to the Middle East next week.

Oh, and in minor news, Ron Paul wins the United States of America with over 60% of the popular vote, but it's considered uncontested and unrepresentative of the world, although the passionate teenage supporters of this online isolationist candidate are surely excited about this small win."

torchbearer
02-05-2008, 05:47 PM
Get ready for the grey slice in the pie chart...

Will it be gray this time? It was white last time. I was hoping for a yellow or green.

Matt Collins
02-05-2008, 05:51 PM
Please distribute the below information to your meetup members. If the media starts to screw us tonight in their coverage, we need to flood their phone lines.

Here is the DIRECT line to the Fox News Desk in NYC:
212-301-5800

Here another number for them:
212-301-5860

If anyone cares it was listed here:

http://affiliates.foxnewsradio.com/media/static_content/FOX_Talk_Program_Clock.pdf

All story pitches from affiliates are directed here:
cnnfutures@cnn.com

PHONE NUMBERS:

CNN NewsDesk:
404-827-2759

CNN News Desk FAX:
404-827-3368

CBS News Contact Information

Howard Arenstein,
Executive Producer, at (202) 457-4561 or ArensteinH@cbsnews.com

CBS Radio News Desk: (888) 227-8900; (212) 975-1115; (212) 975-3615

Harvey Nagler, VP, News
212 975 2685; Email: hna@cbsnews.com

Jim Jones, VP,
301 628 2510; Email: jjones@westwoodone.com

Beth Robinson, V.P., Broadcast Operations
212 975 2044; Email Beth_Robinson@westwoodone.com

Constance Lloyd, General Manager
212 975 3257; Email cl1@cbsnews.com

Howard Arenstein, Washington Radio Bureau Chief
202 457 4561; Email HAX@cbsnews.com

Contact Howard about daily news coverage in Washington, D.C. and Weekend Roundup
Aliah Git, Executive Editor
212 975 7730, Email: gita@cbsnews.com

Contact Aliah about daily news coverage and special events
Charlie Kaye, Executive Producer
212 975 3791; Email cka@cbsnews.com

Contact Charlie about daily news coverage and special events
Linda Coombs, Manager of Operations
212 975 6952; Email: lco@cbsnews.com

Craig Swagler, Special Events, Executive Producer
212 975 7631; Fax 212 975 7632; Email swaglerc@cbsnews.com

Contact Craig to arrange special events coverage, planning and credentials

Ingrid Belqaid, Newsroom Coordinator
212 975 9424; Email ihu@cbsnews.com
Contact Ingrid for payments, story research, CBS art and logos, and 60 Minutes information

Phil Chin, Producer, Osgood File
212 975 2874; Email: pchin@cbs.com

Central Control
212 975 2021

Contact Central Control for technical needs and questions
Broadcast Operations
212 975 2021

Taken from:

http://affiliates.westwoodone.com/content/technical-clocks/news/CBS%20Affiliate%20Program%20Book%2010-07.pdf