PDA

View Full Version : My prediction:

Matt Collins
02-05-2008, 01:16 AM
I wanted to wait until the very last minute because I didn't want to lower morale, but I honestly think we'll take 4th in TN. My reasoning and analysis should be obvious as to why, but after the day is over I'll go into greater detail.

Alura618
02-05-2008, 01:21 AM
You really think so? I looked at the sample ballot and Ron and Mike have the majority of delegates listed. Heck Romney and McCain don't have but a handful each. Then again I'm new to all of this primary stuff. I'm still not sure I understand it all.:o

driller80545
02-05-2008, 01:23 AM
You are probably right, but we are overdue for some good karma. I am watching for the big surprise.

noiseordinance
02-05-2008, 01:27 AM
i have a feeling that if the good doctor is to take first in any state, there will be a significant delay in counting his votes, and the final results won't be revealed until we have a new president. :P

ord33
02-05-2008, 02:54 AM
I will go out on a limb and predict my county (Sevier)

Huckabee 39%
Romney 28%
Paul 17%
McCain 16%

Why?

We have done several sign wavings in the time leading up to Super Tuesday and have received a lot of honks for Ron Paul and signs are everywhere. I know this doesnt amount to a vote, but people around here know who he is and like him, but are hesitant to vote because of "electability". During our waves, we get people yelling out other candidate names. Only ONCE has anyone said McCain and I have only seen 2 McCain signs in the entire County and those just popped up within the past couple days on intersections.

In canvassing as a precint leader, I have ran into only 2 McCain supporters. The vast majority have been Thompson supporters who are largely undecided or Huckabee supporters. My precinct list had over 2,800 names. I had contact or at least literature drop with over 1,100 people (probably direct interaction with only about 75 people - and only 2 McCain supporters.

Huckabee will get a large vote because the area is very conservative and evangelical. They do vote. I have seen a trend of Thompson supporters going toward Romney because he is the GOP establishment guy now and due to hatred of McCain.

I think Dr. Paul has a chance at 3rd in Sevier County, but it will be close.

Scott Wilson
02-05-2008, 05:39 AM
Just got home after placing heaps of signs up on the HWY next to where my precinct votes. Dropped little info packets at about 200 houses. :)

Now for an hour of sleep before work. :D

Truth Warrior
02-05-2008, 05:46 AM
You really think so? I looked at the sample ballot and Ron and Mike have the majority of delegates listed. Heck Romney and McCain don't have but a handful each. Then again I'm new to all of this primary stuff. I'm still not sure I understand it all.:o

You aren't meant nor supposed to understand it all. You're merely expected, by the system, to just blindly accept it's reported outcomes. :(

"Complexity is the essence of the con and the hustle!"

Matt Collins
02-05-2008, 09:09 AM
You really think so? I looked at the sample ballot and Ron and Mike have the majority of delegates listed. Heck Romney and McCain don't have but a handful each. Then again I'm new to all of this primary stuff. I'm still not sure I understand it all.:oIgnore the delegates at the moment, all I am referring to is votes for Ron Paul.

Yes, the recent polls in the area put Ron in last. If they are even remotely accurate then we will be in last. Also name recognition is very hard to come by.

Anyway, I don't want to extrapolate too much until the hard numbers are in. But I will explain my reasoning then.

Let's hope I'm wrong. Dead wrong.

TruthisTreason
02-05-2008, 09:25 AM
Ignore the delegates at the moment, all I am referring to is votes for Ron Paul.

Yes, the recent polls in the area put Ron in last. If they are even remotely accurate then we will be in last. Also name recognition is very hard to come by.

Anyway, I don't want to extrapolate too much until the hard numbers are in. But I will explain my reasoning then.

Let's hope I'm wrong. Dead wrong.

I know on my recent trips to Nashville I saw NO MCCAIN OR ROMNEY signs and saw Ron Paul signs scattered here and there. Springfield Tn has been over run with signs.. Don't think that means victory but is shows who has supporters out there. The problem is ....the sheep just vote for who ever they have heard of or heard is gonna win.

FTL
02-05-2008, 10:00 AM
I will go out on a limb and predict my county (Sevier)

Huckabee 39%
Romney 28%
Paul 17%
McCain 16%

Why?

We have done several sign wavings in the time leading up to Super Tuesday and have received a lot of honks for Ron Paul and signs are everywhere. I know this doesnt amount to a vote, but people around here know who he is and like him, but are hesitant to vote because of "electability". During our waves, we get people yelling out other candidate names. Only ONCE has anyone said McCain and I have only seen 2 McCain signs in the entire County and those just popped up within the past couple days on intersections.

In canvassing as a precint leader, I have ran into only 2 McCain supporters. The vast majority have been Thompson supporters who are largely undecided or Huckabee supporters. My precinct list had over 2,800 names. I had contact or at least literature drop with over 1,100 people (probably direct interaction with only about 75 people - and only 2 McCain supporters.

Huckabee will get a large vote because the area is very conservative and evangelical. They do vote. I have seen a trend of Thompson supporters going toward Romney because he is the GOP establishment guy now and due to hatred of McCain.

I think Dr. Paul has a chance at 3rd in Sevier County, but it will be close.

I think you are right. And people wonder why I hate religions.

jmdrake
02-05-2008, 07:45 PM
I think you are right. And people wonder why I hate religions.

Religion isn't the problem. As I was precinct sign waving I was talking to a Hillary supporter who at first said she liked Ron Paul and "hoped Hillary would find a place for him in her administration". I told that likely would not happen due to Ron's stance on issues such as abortion and taxes. When she found out Ron wasn't pro choice she showed that non religious people can be just as ignorant as some religious people. You can be close minded no matter what your thoughts are about God.

And really, this underlies the crux of Ron Paul's problem (aside from name recognition). He should be racking up all of the anti war votes, but too many antiwar people are stuck to the democrats for other stupid reasons. He should be racking up the conservative votes. But too many conservatives are confused about the war. The puppet masters who run this country have done a good job segmenting Americans in their separate groups. It's called divide and control.

Regards,

John M. Drake