PDA

View Full Version : Ron Paul MUST win at least 1 state on super tuesday.

ProBlue33
02-05-2008, 12:32 AM
Lets face it people he MUST MUST MUST win at least one state on tuesday.

He has to win at least 1 state, to stay in this.

Because if he can't win at least 1 state on tuesday he isn't going to win the 5 needed to qualify at the brokered convention in the future either.

To me thats the signal that either this thing continues or its over.

Yes he can stay in it all the way but it will be political futility, to get the message out maybe and thats about it.

Also his money will really dry up as even the best supporters don't want to spend any more money on a cause that has been shut down.

I don't want to be negative but, I am realistic person.

Minimum threshold is one state on tuesday. I think it can be done. But we will see.

sirachman
02-05-2008, 12:35 AM
And what in the flying frogs was the point in this post?!

fuzzybekool
02-05-2008, 12:36 AM

Because if he can't win at least 1 state on tuesday he isn't going to win the 5 needed to qualify at the brokered convention in the future either.

To me thats the signal that either this thing continues or its over.

Yes he can stay in it all the way but it will be political futility, to get the message out maybe and thats about it.

Also his money will really dry up as even the best supporters don't want to spend any more money on a cause that has been shut down.

I don't want to be negative but, I am realistic person.

Minimum threshold is one state on tuesday. I think it can be done. But we will see.

You are not being negative, but the race for the nomination has nothing to do with the beauty contest votes that is reported in the MSM. It is the delegates who get selected by each state to go to the convention who nominates the candidate. Ron Paul will surprise many people this summer. Trust me.

RickyJ
02-05-2008, 12:37 AM

Ron Paul said he would stay in the race as long as supporters kept sending in money. He will stay in the race regardless of tomorrow's outcome. This negativity is not helping the Ron Paul campaign at all. If you can't post something that is going to help the campaign, then please don't post anything.

IntruderII
02-05-2008, 12:38 AM
Alaska.

RickyJ
02-05-2008, 12:39 AM
And what in the flying frogs was the point in this post?!

I think we all know what the point of this posts was. Ron Paul is being censored left and right by the MSM media and some people are trying to get us to give up 9 months before the general election. It's not going to happen. :p

ProBlue33
02-05-2008, 12:41 AM
Why does everybody ignore the 5 state win to qualify rule.

Tell me this if Ron Paul doesn't win five states but somehow makes it to second ballot at the convention is he allowed to win by the GOP rules, even if a huge number of delegates change there loyality at the convention?

gracebkr
02-05-2008, 12:41 AM
I think, as long as we can keep our cool, we are going to be just fine. Look at it this way, even if he does a win a state tomorrow, it won't be reported, or it will be reported someone else did. We just can't worry what we look like, the average American knows Ron Paul is not getting fair coverage.

luvthedoc08
02-05-2008, 12:42 AM
I think we all know what the point of this posts was. Ron Paul is being censored left and right by the MSM media and some people are trying to get us to give up 9 months before the general election. It's not going to happen. :p

damn right, if this guy thinks it's "over" if he doesn't win a state tomorrow then he really hasn't been looking at the boards he's posting on. For us its RP to the grave

slantedview
02-05-2008, 12:42 AM

Tell me this if Ron Paul doesn't win five states but somehow makes it to second ballot at the convention is he allowed to win by the GOP rules, even if a huge number of delegates change there loyality at the convention?
it's easier to win states later on when there's only 2 candidates left.

ProBlue33
02-05-2008, 12:43 AM
it's easier to win states later on when there's only 2 candidates left.

That never answered my question.

ANYBODY

ShowMeLiberty
02-05-2008, 12:44 AM

+1

Ron doesn't have to place 1st in ANY states (nice as that would be!), he just needs to have enough delegates going in to the national convention. It's not the same thing.

Also - remember everybody - after Super Tuesday, there will still be about HALF of the states with primaries or caucuses still to come. February 5th isn't the end, it's just barely the beginning. :)

ProBlue33
02-05-2008, 12:47 AM
+1

Ron doesn't have to place 1st in ANY states (nice as that would be!), he just needs to have enough delegates going in to the national convention. It's not the same thing.

Also - remember everybody - after Super Tuesday, there will still be about HALF of the states with primaries or caucuses still to come. February 5th isn't the end, it's just barely the beginning. :)

So you are saying that Ron can win if he never placed first in any States???

If that is true thats awesome news, however what about the 5 state rule??

Dave Pedersen
02-05-2008, 12:51 AM
There are only two states available to us tomorrow. The state of despair or the state of opportunity. Which one we win is entirely up to us.

gaazn
02-05-2008, 12:52 AM
the winners are alaska, west virginia, north dakota.

will be strong in Colorado and Minnesota.

Will beat Huckabee in Cali.

Crickett
02-05-2008, 12:57 AM
You are not being negative, but the race for the nomination has nothing to do with the beauty contest votes that is reported in the MSM. It is the delegates who get selected by each state to go to the convention who nominates the candidate. Ron Paul will surprise many people this summer. Trust me.

He is ahead much more than the media think. There is also much time to even change uncommitted delegaTe's minds. I want him to win a state or two, just to have a win, but the battle is not the WAR (unless he does not get as many donations as he gets votes).

dblee
02-05-2008, 12:58 AM

SHOW ME THE FREAKING 5 STATES RULE I HAVE NOT BEEN ABLE TO FIND IT ANYWHERE

Ann Kobialka
02-05-2008, 01:07 AM
There is no 5 state rule or 1 state rule.
If no one has the required number of delegates any name at all can be voted on including you if you are nominated on the floor and are able to brocker enough delegates. The eventual nominee theoretically doesn't even have to have participated in the primaries. Newt is being talked up in the case of a brokered convention that the party bosses can't control. there is one story of a nominee who was nominated from the floor, stood and arqued that he was not interested in the nomination had never thought of being president, and was eventually nominated aginst his will as the delegates got tired and angry.

faisal
02-05-2008, 01:08 AM
alaska... but alaska doesn't mean anything because there are barely any delegates there.

ProBlue33
02-05-2008, 01:08 AM
Well this GOP Rule could cancel it out from there GOP website

RULE NO. 32
Suspension of Rules
A motion to suspend the rules shall always be in order, but only when made by authority of a majority of the delegates from any state and seconded by a majority of the delegates from each of five (5) or more other states severally.

Maybe thats where that rule is thought to come from??

RP-Republican
02-05-2008, 01:13 AM

We ignore it because there is no 5 state rule. I don't know where you got that.

Alex Libman
02-05-2008, 01:18 AM
Alaska FTW!

N13
02-05-2008, 01:22 AM
Frogs raining from the sky is something that happens.

This is a fact.

ProBlue33
02-05-2008, 01:27 AM
RULE NO. 40
Nominations
(a) In making the nominations for President of the United States and Vice President of the United States and voting thereon, the roll of the states shall be called separately in each case; provided, however, that if there is only one candidate for nomination for Vice President of the United States who has demonstrated the support required by paragraph (b) of this rule, a motion to nominate for such office by acclamation shall be in order and no calling of the roll with respect to such office shall be required.

(b) Each candidate for nomination for President of the United States and Vice President of the United States shall demonstrate the support of a majority of the delegates from each of five (5) or more states, severally, prior to the presentation of the name of that candidate for nomination.

Well it seems that this can happen at the convention and doesn't have to happen during the primary, but if the delegates are bound for the first round it really narrows the odds.
This means if we don't win five states, we need fives states with unbound delegates on the first round of voting, basically.

This gives me more hope now :)

performance
02-05-2008, 01:31 AM
"majority of the delegates"

literatim
02-05-2008, 01:33 AM
I think people get confused because they don't know that delegates decide the election, not the straw polls. In that, we could possibly have the majority of delegates in 3 states: Nevada, Maine, and Louisiana.

ProBlue33
02-05-2008, 01:37 AM
This could be the greatest stealthy run for the president in history, I am glad I did the research on this tonight.

I still think Ron Paul needs to win 1 state tuesday to encourge people and get people pumped back up, and get more cash rolling in

Dan D.
02-05-2008, 01:39 AM
I think people get confused because they don't know that delegates decide the election, not the straw polls. In that, we could possibly have the majority of delegates in 3 states: Nevada, Maine, and Louisiana.
Majority, unfortunately, not plurality.

Ron WILL win Alaska. There's almost no question about that. The question is: what else.

literatim
02-05-2008, 01:47 AM
Majority, unfortunately, not plurality.

Ron WILL win Alaska. There's almost no question about that. The question is: what else.

Um, yes. I said majority.

GoDrNo
02-05-2008, 01:52 AM
This could be the greatest stealthy run for the president in history, I am glad I did the research on this tonight.

I still think Ron Paul needs to win 1 state tuesday to encourge people and get people pumped back up, and get more cash rolling in

I just told my wife the same thing yesterday, I said to her "I really think people are going to be surprised when the convention comes and RP has way more delegates with him than anybody suspects." It's all about us keeping the campaign going until the last of the primaries.

WRellim
02-05-2008, 02:04 AM
RULE NO. 40
Nominations
(a) In making the nominations for President of the United States and Vice President of the United States and voting thereon, the roll of the states shall be called separately in each case; provided, however, that if there is only one candidate for nomination for Vice President of the United States who has demonstrated the support required by paragraph (b) of this rule, a motion to nominate for such office by acclamation shall be in order and no calling of the roll with respect to such office shall be required.

(b) Each candidate for nomination for President of the United States and Vice President of the United States shall demonstrate the support of a majority of the delegates from each of five (5) or more states, severally, prior to the presentation of the name of that candidate for nomination.

Well it seems that this can happen at the convention and doesn't have to happen during the primary, but if the delegates are bound for the first round it really narrows the odds.
This means if we don't win five states, we need fives states with unbound delegates on the first round of voting, basically.

This gives me more hope now :)

This is one reason why the other candidates are going for the "Winner Take All" states like Florida.

Even though McCain only got a plurality of the votes, by virtue of the "Winner Take All" aspect, he gets ALL of the delegates from that state (hence a defacto "majority" of the delegates.)

BTW, so far, NONE of the candidates have breached this requirement. (Of course that will likely change tomorrow -- not certain how many of those are "Winner-Take-All" states).

fj45lvr
02-05-2008, 02:24 AM
or else????? the chicken won't get to the other side of the road???

He needs delegates.

He needs a miracle.