PDA

View Full Version : Ron Paul Republican raised over $70k

raystone
02-05-2008, 12:21 AM
http://www.lawsonforcongress.com/

Here's a Ron Paul Republican kicking a@@ fundrasing, relatively speaking, at least.

Can anyone find out what he's doing, and how we duplicate it nationwide ?

sirachman
02-05-2008, 12:23 AM
Well looks as if he is running on the ron paul platform and getting lots of support. Why dont you make a website and run in your state im sure you could drum up quite alot of support too :) I will help spread the message on here! Thats how we can make this happen. Its not just about Ron Paul its about the message, thus I will promote anyone with Ron Pauls message for any office just as I would for Ron Paul himself!

JimInNY
02-05-2008, 12:30 AM
My problem with him is that he is a Fair Tax proponent. How about the Ron Paul position? No tax!

slantedview
02-05-2008, 12:33 AM
seems like he's got a solid platform. he doesn't seem to be the economic expert that dr. paul is by no means, but he looks good.

aksmith
02-05-2008, 12:33 AM
People really need to pull their heads out of their asses. If a candidate is for the Fair Tax or the drug war or any other of a thousand government gimmicks or programs, he or she is NOT a Ron Paul Republican.

Seriously, folks. I lived for decades with Libertarians being delusional about who was and wasn't a libertarian, now it's starting with Ron Paul Republicans. If it's not the total package, it doesn't count. Once you let a statist position stick its foot in the door, the game is over. THEY ARE NOT RON PAUL REPUBLICANS.

gerryb
02-05-2008, 12:35 AM
Murray Sabrin IS a true Ron Paul Republican endorsed by Ron Paul himself, and he has also raised lots of money so far. http://www.murraysabrin.com/ He is running for the US Senate seat from NJ.

luvthedoc08
02-05-2008, 12:35 AM
seems like he's got a solid platform. he doesn't seem to be the economic expert that dr. paul is by no means, but he looks good.

and his website is very reminiscent of RP's, guy looks like his heart is in the right place, but ya the above poster is also right he's not gotten the full extent of the message.

Knightskye
02-05-2008, 12:39 AM
Why's he kicking ass? It's the message. :D Ron Paul got asked this by the media all the time. "We didn't have some expert managing the internet." ;)

raystone
02-05-2008, 12:47 AM
People really need to pull their heads out of their asses. If a candidate is for the Fair Tax or the drug war or any other of a thousand government gimmicks or programs, he or she is NOT a Ron Paul Republican.

Seriously, folks. I lived for decades with Libertarians being delusional about who was and wasn't a libertarian, now it's starting with Ron Paul Republicans. If it's not the total package, it doesn't count. Once you let a statist position stick its foot in the door, the game is over. THEY ARE NOT RON PAUL REPUBLICANS.

you're kidding, right ? so...you would NOT vote for him ?

he's a strict non-interventionist, wants to kill the IRS, against the Patriot Act, against National ID, wants gold back in our currency, etc.

you must not vote much ?

fletcher
02-05-2008, 01:01 AM

I couldn't disagree more.

rightcoast
02-05-2008, 01:14 AM
The enemy of my enemy is my friend, and the freind who agrees with me 98% of the time, in this case, is not my 2% enemy ... he is my best friend.

You can't not consider not voting for or helping this guy if you live near this district. Let's be serious here. This guy would be better than every single person in Congress with the exception of one. We know that guy. :)

dblee
02-05-2008, 01:42 AM

You need to pull your head out of YOUR ass. This kind of reasoning is exactly why the libertarian movement never got off the ground before. Beltway libs, paleo-libs, neo-libs, cato, etc..

To be politically successful you must have a BIG tent.

Ron LOL
02-05-2008, 02:02 AM

Drug war, maybe -- but Ron Paul has stated on numerous occasions that Fair Tax is better than what we have now. I would be a-okay with Fair Tax.

Verad
02-05-2008, 02:32 AM
He is definitely a Ron Paul Republican. How would I know? He ran one of the meetup groups I am subscribed to (though I'm more active with Students for Paul) until he decided to run for congress. He is a very well spoken guy, but he does have a few differences in opinion with Ron Paul, but this is likely due to their differing histories. For instance, Ron Paul's economic adviser during the '88 campaign was Rothbard himself, so it's not surprising that Paul would take the Austrian hard-liner position on taxes. Unfortunately, the local republican party has decided he is not a "real" Republican (whatever that means) because they read about him on this very forum, and a post to the effect of "we need to take over the Republican Party," at least according to them. Still, I don't think this will hurt us in the long run, considering that their alternate candidate is a joke, and apparently has yet to begin either campaigning or fund-raising. I'm sure that most Republicans here will enjoy a return to principles, once they hear the message a few times. The trick here is that we're in a super-liberal district that equates the "R-word" with satanism [/sarcasm], and we'll be competing against an entrenched Democratic incumbent. Convincing a majority to vote for him here should be no mean feat, but we'll continue to fight the good fight (http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showpost.php?p=1178838&postcount=112).

RonPaulFanInGA
02-05-2008, 02:40 AM
Fair tax supporter or not, this guy seems like a really good candidate. Don't let perfect be the enemy of good.

Murray Sabrin is great too.

http://www.murraysabrin.com/

(Is it just me, or does Lawson's website look very familiar? Especially that thermometer.)

Verad
02-05-2008, 02:58 AM
Yes, the site was modeled closely to Paul's, and I believe was actually created by the same company. If anyone is unconvinced that he is an ally, just go to his media section, and listen to one of the two speeches there.