PDA

View Full Version : 2ND Place in Delegates? How do we know this?

Myerz
02-05-2008, 12:09 AM
I keep seeing this.....source?

thanks

Gtex
02-05-2008, 12:39 AM
http://ronpaul2008.typepad.com/ron_paul_2008/2008/02/ron-paul-beats.html

Does that help?

smartguy911
02-05-2008, 12:45 AM
thats only for Maine, not overall right?

Mike Conlon
02-05-2008, 05:48 AM
http://ronpaul2008.typepad.com/ron_paul_2008/2008/02/ron-paul-beats.html

Does that help?

Maybe someone might want to tell them that Minneapolis is not the capital of ME...

I think I'll do that now.

The Republican party didn't poll the delegates, so where is the 30-35% number coming from?

CGMike
02-05-2008, 05:52 AM
These are internal results based on the numbers Maine HQ saw from FIRSTHAND observations. Here in the City of Portland, the largest city in Maine we actually won the majority of delegates

Chowdah
02-05-2008, 06:59 AM
Maybe someone might want to tell them that Minneapolis is not the capital of ME...

LOL, good catch. I hope you followed through on letting the campaign know.

SteveMartin
02-05-2008, 07:23 AM
We know it based on two things:

1. We know how many delegate cards were submitted to the Secretary of State.

2. We know BASED ON RP SUPPORTERS CALLING our RP HQ here how many delegates from each precinct where the RP supporters reported in that we got.

35% is a conservative estimate. It could be as high as 40%, because many Romney supporters came, voted, and left, because if they'd stayed to sign up as delegates they would have had to give an address WITHIN THE STATE OF MAINE....Food for thought...

Finally, how many delegates actually SHOW UP in Augusta on May 3rd will determine the nominee. We believe that our turnout rate for signed-up delegates will be good...perhaps better than the rate for the other candidates.

griblets
02-05-2008, 07:34 AM

They aren't saying that Minneapolis is the capital of ME. They are saying the National Convention is held in Minneapolis, MN.

Chowdah
02-05-2008, 08:28 AM
They aren't saying that Minneapolis is the capital of ME. They are saying the National Convention is held in Minneapolis, MN.

True. My bad.

Highstreet
02-05-2008, 10:45 AM
We know it based on two things:

1. We know how many delegate cards were submitted to the Secretary of State.

2. We know BASED ON RP SUPPORTERS CALLING our RP HQ here how many delegates from each precinct where the RP supporters reported in that we got.

35% is a conservative estimate. It could be as high as 40%, because many Romney supporters came, voted, and left, because if they'd stayed to sign up as delegates they would have had to give an address WITHIN THE STATE OF MAINE....Food for thought...

Finally, how many delegates actually SHOW UP in Augusta on May 3rd will determine the nominee. We believe that our turnout rate for signed-up delegates will be good...perhaps better than the rate for the other candidates.

Good to hear.

Mike Conlon
02-05-2008, 10:51 AM

I was also wrong. Boy do I feel stupid. No mention of the State Convention in Augusta, May 2-3...

So all we got is numbers rounded up by our own people, no independent verification? That won't win over any supporters within MSM, or any other parties who check facts, when they go to verify the info with the ME Rep Party.

BTW, who's keeping track of all this? And do we have any idea of how many RP supporters got elected as regular Party County Delegates/Representatives? Local Party committees?

Mike C
State Delegate, Election Clerk

candidjoy
02-05-2008, 10:57 AM
Here's a link for the news story: http://www.newsli.com/2008/02/05/ron-paul-finishes-second-in-maine-caucus

Mike Conlon
02-05-2008, 11:06 AM
Here's a link for the news story: http://www.newsli.com/2008/02/05/ron-paul-finishes-second-in-maine-caucus

Does it bother anyone that technically they got it wrong (we got 35% of the delegates by our own, unverified counts; not 35% of the presidential preference vote), or do we just roll with it if it favors our cause? Is it in our best interest to let misinformation like this stand?

sratiug
02-05-2008, 12:02 PM
Does it bother anyone that technically they got it wrong (we got 35% of the delegates by our own, unverified counts; not 35% of the presidential preference vote), or do we just roll with it if it favors our cause? Is it in our best interest to let misinformation like this stand?

No. We may have 1st place. It's one drop going out against the tide of lies crashing over us.

tstorey
02-05-2008, 12:08 PM
I think that this is fantastic news. Hq would not release without verification. Verification is not that complex. A Ron Paul delegate indicates their district and they are counted by RP Maine HQ.

defe07
02-05-2008, 12:46 PM
So we came in 2nd in Maine vote wise?

Mike Conlon
02-05-2008, 01:19 PM
So we came in 2nd in Maine vote wise?

Sure, why not...?

defe07
02-05-2008, 01:34 PM
So we can say that Paul got 2nd place in Maine now? Cool. Hopefully tonight will show us what he's made of.

IndieRocker79
02-06-2008, 05:08 AM
Sure, why not...?

He got 3rd in the polls. 2nd in the delegates (according to HQ). According to the MSM he's at 16 delegates...of course a CBS news reporter falsely mentioned going into today that he had no delegates at all when he had 6.

Give it a week, we'll see how many he REALLY has in this aftermath! :-D