PDA

View Full Version : New Supporters or Trolls ???

fuzzybekool
02-05-2008, 12:08 AM
I have been watching the threads lately and it seems we have an influx of new supporters, and if they are supporters, that is a very good thing, and we welcome you. But, I am also noticing that there are new posters who keep bringing up questions about tactics, and what will we do if this and that happens.

I don't know. Call me paranoid, but is anyone else noticing it ? Alot of threads on 3rd party runs and how would we do it. Would we fund a 3rd party run ? What we will do at the convention if it is brokered ? Will we support McCain if he is the nominee ? What are we doing in the caucus states ? Wierd stuff.

I have been long enough to know who are the original and respected grassroot people, but it just seems wierd for noobies to ask these questions.

hillertexas
02-05-2008, 12:09 AM
i have noticed it too

Beware of data mining.

HollyforRP
02-05-2008, 12:10 AM
I'm a real supporter

fuzzybekool
02-05-2008, 12:10 AM
i have noticed it too

Beware of data mining.

Thanks for posting. At least I am not alone in feeling this.

Paul Revered
02-05-2008, 12:11 AM
I'm relatively new; and I've noticed it too.

steve005
Bump

gracebkr
I have been watching the threads lately and it seems we have an influx of new supporters, and if they are supporters, that is a very good thing, and we welcome you. But, I am also noticing that there are new posters who keep bringing up questions about tactics, and what will we do if this and that happens.

I don't know. Call me paranoid, but is anyone else noticing it ? Alot of threads on 3rd party runs and how would we do it. Would we fund a 3rd party run ? What we will do at the convention if it is brokered ? Will we support McCain if he is the nominee ? What are we doing in the caucus states ? Wierd stuff.

I have been long enough to know who are the original and respected grassroot people, but it just seems wierd for noobies to ask these questions.

I am kinda new, but I noticed some questions that seemed odd. Wanting some information on how we do things. I dunno though. Be cautious I guess.

Wells
02-05-2008, 12:12 AM
I wouldn't support McCain if I were an ILLEGAL

fuzzybekool
02-05-2008, 12:13 AM
I'm a real supporter

Holly, I am sure you are, and trust me, most that know me here know I am not a hater, lol. but the questions are wierd, and the timing, and it is mostly people who just joined, so that is why I was curious.

We need everyone's help in this cause, but I guess what i am trying to say is let us becareful in how we answer threads because we may not know the real intent behind the poster.

yaz
02-05-2008, 12:13 AM
i haven't noticed that

Lord Xar
02-05-2008, 12:14 AM
I must be overlooking some posts. What threads or questions are you referring to? I don't read all the posts, just a few.. so give me an idea of what you mean.

mstrmac1
02-05-2008, 12:16 AM
Are you a troll if you Question the direction of the campaign/grassroots?

kyleAF
02-05-2008, 12:16 AM
The internet is a beautiful thing --- inasmuch as it has helped us to organize and ignite this campaign.

The downside, is that everything is kept in non-personal communication, and so it's very easy for people to infiltrate and data-mine. We just have to keep everyone on their toes, and not give up anything too crucial.

That's why we don't know everything about the official campaign!! So we can't inadvertently alert some lurking McCain staffer.

The One
02-05-2008, 12:17 AM
When I first started looking on this forum, I thought the troll accusation was thrown around way too much. Recently, I don't think it has been used enough.

gracebkr
02-05-2008, 12:18 AM

I think it has more to do with what tactics we plan to use if A happens. Then what tactics if B happens. Questions like that, not really suggestions about directions or questions to tell us what is going on now. It is like questions about detail on how we are going to go for the jugular. I don't know, I just do what I am told.

fuzzybekool
02-05-2008, 12:19 AM

No. You are a troll if you are a troll. Is there any real way to prove someone is or isn't ? My point is we should not be lackadaisical and think we don't have GOP, MSM, and other campaign trolls in here. It is probably the reason we got de-railed in Louisiana because "Trolls" knew what we were doing and stole Ron Paul's first place finish there.

ionlyknowy
02-05-2008, 12:19 AM

They call us the OG's = Old Grassroots
The new supporters are the BG's = Baby Grassroots

Instead of Old Gangsta
and Baby Gangsta..lol

The One
02-05-2008, 12:23 AM
Check this for a blatant example. Notice post #6 as well. It looks like they were working as a team.

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=110327&highlight=rosa+parks

fuzzybekool
02-05-2008, 12:23 AM
I must be overlooking some posts. What threads or questions are you referring to? I don't read all the posts, just a few.. so give me an idea of what you mean.

Lord Xar, I most talking about the last 3-4 days, and maybe I should of marked off the threads I am referring to. I just don't feel like hunting through them right now. I maybe wrong, but I justed wanted to vent on my perceptions.

nodope0695
02-05-2008, 12:25 AM
Its the night before Super Tuesday. Of course the TROLLs are going to be out in force. DON'T FEED THEM!!!

Aia
02-05-2008, 12:27 AM
PLEASE, No feeding the trolls.

Airborn
02-05-2008, 12:27 AM
I have been noticing alot of them today/tonight and yesterday. Right before super tuesday.. hmm what is their motivate for posting all the negativity.. hmm

fuzzybekool
02-05-2008, 12:29 AM
Check this for a blatant example. Notice post #6 as well. It looks like they were working as a team.

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=110327&highlight=rosa+parks

Thanks for bring up this thread because I missed that one, lol. but ya, I think you know what I am talking about.

Tomorrow, well I mean today now, we will have that one guy, the one who always posts threads during the primary and caucus counts, I forget his name. He always says he knows precint workers and they tell him Ron Paul has 20% of the vote.

Airborn
02-05-2008, 12:29 AM
Lord Xar, I most talking about the last 3-4 days, and maybe I should of marked off the threads I am referring to. I just don't feel like hunting through them right now. I maybe wrong, but I justed wanted to vent on my perceptions.

alot of them have been moved to hot topics

pacelli
02-05-2008, 12:30 AM
I'm glad the new donors are showing up on these forums! It is good news. We've raised ~5,000 since 12am, and 27 new donors. We are having new donors every single day. If someone is as passionate about Dr. Paul to donate their cash, then I welcome them to these forums. Perhaps those that we consider "trolls" could be asked to post their donation confirmation number.

I think new supporters come onto the forum in many different conditions. Lets not forget that it can be a little intimidating to jump into the fray. Not to mention coming to the forums expecting a hospital RP staff to tend to their MSM wounds. They've had few places to vent their frustrations, worries, or their passions about Dr. Paul.

The media will lead us new RP supporters who are angry and worried about Ron Paul not winning. Months of "that's not gonna happen" with no feedback from other RP supporters. I think we need to support folks who are angry or doubting our chances of winning.

I think we should inform them about our long-term plans as a community. If Ron doesn't take the Presidency, we'll ensure he can continue working in Congress. Then we have fellow RP supporters in congress, who will work with Dr. Paul on getting bills passed that benefit the freedom movement. It is a win-win situation.

Let the new folks blend in, they are the ones that will be financing the campaign, and contributing to chip-ins. Let them become a part of the community.

That being said, report all of the obvious trolls, spies, and saboteurs.

gracebkr
02-05-2008, 12:36 AM
I'm glad the new donors are showing up on these forums! It is good news. We've raised ~5,000 since 12am, and 27 new donors. We are having new donors every single day. If someone is as passionate about Dr. Paul to donate their cash, then I welcome them to these forums. Perhaps those that we consider "trolls" could be asked to post their donation confirmation number.

I think new supporters come onto the forum in many different conditions. Lets not forget that it can be a little intimidating to jump into the fray. Not to mention coming to the forums expecting a hospital RP staff to tend to their MSM wounds. They've had few places to vent their frustrations, worries, or their passions about Dr. Paul.

The media will lead us new RP supporters who are angry and worried about Ron Paul not winning. Months of "that's not gonna happen" with no feedback from other RP supporters. I think we need to support folks who are angry or doubting our chances of winning.

I think we should inform them about our long-term plans as a community. If Ron doesn't take the Presidency, we'll ensure he can continue working in Congress. Then we have fellow RP supporters in congress, who will work with Dr. Paul on getting bills passed that benefit the freedom movement. It is a win-win situation.

Let the new folks blend in, they are the ones that will be financing the campaign, and contributing to chip-ins. Let them become a part of the community.

That being said, report all of the obvious trolls, spies, and saboteurs.

I agree.

LukeNM
02-05-2008, 12:36 AM
Campaign strategy is none of our business. A lot of people try to tell HQ what to do -- the my-way gang and the shoulders... We are the grassroots; donate, canvass, sign wave, support!

amonasro
02-05-2008, 12:37 AM
I have been noticing alot of them today/tonight and yesterday. Right before super tuesday.. hmm what is their motivate for posting all the negativity.. hmm

Me too. They definitely come out during big events, like moneybombs and caucuses/primaries. You can bet they'll be out in full force tomorrow. Be watchful and use your best judgment.

The great thing about RP supporters is that we're a smart bunch and can usually derail them easily.

Captain America
02-05-2008, 12:39 AM
its very possible

MayTheRonBeWithYou
02-05-2008, 12:41 AM
I have noticed several "sleeper cell" GOP trolls who have built up about 200-400 posts and are now making tons of threads about "We must NOT go independent." These trolls and hacks doing the dirty work of the GOP, which fears a Ron Paul independent run.

The One
02-05-2008, 12:42 AM
Thanks for bring up this thread because I missed that one, lol. but ya, I think you know what I am talking about.

Tomorrow, well I mean today now, we will have that one guy, the one who always posts threads during the primary and caucus counts, I forget his name. He always says he knows precint workers and they tell him Ron Paul has 20% of the vote.

Another example....I got into it with a couple of apparent Obama supporters who showed up during the MTV thing the other night. This was my response to a thread one of them started that was titled, "Don't Vote Obama Negatively" or something like that. Between the two threads, there appeared to be several of them working together.

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=109790

gracebkr
02-05-2008, 12:43 AM
I have noticed several "sleeper cell" GOP trolls who have built up about 200-400 posts and are now making tons of threads about "We must NOT go independent." These trolls and hacks doing the dirty work of the GOP, which fears a Ron Paul independent run.

I wonder how much they are being paid.

fuzzybekool
02-05-2008, 12:48 AM
Another example....I got into it with a couple of apparent Obama supporters who showed up during the MTV thing the other night. This was my response to a thread one of them started that was titled, "Don't Vote Obama Negatively" or something like that. Between the two threads, there appeared to be several of them working together.

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=109790

OMG, that thread is almost laughable. It is so obvious they are trolling big time lol.

fuzzybekool
02-05-2008, 12:51 AM

I am going to get some sleep, because I gotta go to the polls early tomorrow and drag my wife, my son, my dad, and my mom with me to vote Ron Paul. then i will get a huge cup of Dunkin' Donuts coffee and I will be doing some Troll Hunting tomorrw, lol.

faisal
02-05-2008, 12:52 AM
And god! That stupid Billionaire Hoax?! WTH!? Everyone got so happy because some joker posted some BS! Why didn't the mods take it down? Also, I was thinking that maybe we should do the same to the Hucks forum =) hehehe... jk

fuzzybekool
02-05-2008, 12:53 AM
And god! That stupid Billionaire Hoax?! WTH!? Everyone got so happy because some joker posted some BS! Why didn't the mods take it down? Also, I was thinking that maybe we should do the same to the Hucks forum =) hehehe... jk

Good example. I almost forgot that one lol.

The One
02-05-2008, 12:53 AM

ditto to everything you said except for the j/k part

nodope0695
02-05-2008, 12:54 AM
Tonight, I'd say mostly trolls. Keep your head on a swivel tonight. The trolls will be lurking.

gracebkr
02-05-2008, 12:55 AM
ditto to everything you said except for the j/k part

I ditto this and that, but not that part you didn't ditto.:D

pacelli
02-05-2008, 12:56 AM

I have a suspicion that there might be a hint of truth to the billionaire thing. Please, hear me out. I gave up hope on GoodSpirits, but then I heard that Dan Rather & Jay Leno were doing some strange Ron Paul talk tonight on The Tonight Show.

pinkmandy
02-05-2008, 01:00 AM
I've noticed it. There was a peak it seemed about a week or so ago. First it was Mittens threads, then Huckster threads, now McCrazy threads.

I also welcome our newbies! I think we have gained new supporters and that's evident from all the new donors we get everyday on the official site. :) I hope they all stick around!

The trolls are looking for strategy, info, trying to figure us out I think. I'm amazed at how people outside of the movement really don't "get it" (also a good troll sign). And if you suspect a troll review that persons posting history. Certain themes tend to be recurring in their posts. ;) Then report as needed.

expatinireland
02-05-2008, 01:41 AM
I not only get upset at trolls but also at threads like this one:

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=111402

It talks about working on transforming the Republican Party and we are not even half way through the nominating process. At best its a distraction and at worst its an attempt by hardcore GOP'ers to co-opt our efforts.

Although the jury is still out, to date, as far as I am concerned the GOP and its drivers have earned nothing but my contempt.

Trigonx
02-05-2008, 01:47 AM
I not only get upset at trolls but also at threads like this one:

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=111402

It talks about working on transforming the Republican Party and we are not even half way through the nominating process. At best its a distraction and at worst its an attempt by hardcore GOP'ers to co-opt our efforts.

Although the jury is still out, to date, as far as I am concerned the GOP and its drivers have earned nothing but my contempt.

if you face the harsh reality, in the society we live in we have 2 parties, and one happens to be ripe for overtaking it, and it just so happens that the core principles of that party align with ours. So we must do everything in our power to make this attainable, a new Ron Paul republican party.

Oyate
02-05-2008, 01:51 AM
You guys are right on target. These boards are soooooo heavily infiltrated and the infiltrators have learned how to be very subtle.

CrazyRonPaulSupporter
02-05-2008, 01:56 AM
I just wonder when are they going to learn that trolling these boards wont sway any of us supporting Ron Paul over to the dark side?! Just try not to feed the trolls. Ignore them.

I'm just staying :cool: .

Tdcci
02-05-2008, 01:56 AM
Push Polling (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Push_poll), plain and simple.

Ara825
02-05-2008, 01:59 AM
More and more lately I find myself wishing that we had a place to comminucate that was not so visible. But, I realize that there is nowhere to go that won't include "walls that have ears". I am constantly afaid that we are being closely watched and our plans and strategies being used by those who don't have Ron Paul's nomination as their main priority.