PDA

View Full Version : **Last minute update for Californians** [Mod: Info is unverified. Please use CAUTION]

vincebodie
02-04-2008, 11:50 PM
I am a precinct inspector in San Diego, and I hope everyone is aware of the following:

1. You DO NOT need to vote at your own precinct. You can walk into any polling place and ask for a provisional ballot.

2. If you requested a mail ballot (formerly and 'absentee ballot'), you can drop this ballot off at any polling place. It doesn't matter if you bring the envelope, or even the ballot. You can always vote with a provisional ballot.

3. If you registered right before the deadline and never got your registration back, don't despair. Go to any polling place and request a provisional ballot. Even if you're not on any of their lists, you can still vote. As long as your registration reached them in time, they will find you in the system and your vote will be counted.

4. Nobody is REQUIRED to use an electronic machine. There is one at ever polling place ONLY for those who are blind, unable to hold a pen, etc.

Good luck Ron!!!

josh24601
02-05-2008, 12:16 AM
Excellent info. Thanks for this.

I have a few friends that registered under the deadline, and I'll make sure they go provisional if necessary. They probably would have given up otherwise.

Good stuff.

chelu
02-05-2008, 01:41 AM
MSNBC has the GOP side of the primary as:

REPUBLICANS
Contest: Closed primary (Independents can’t vote)
Type: Winner-take-all contest
Delegates: 170 pledged
Polls close: 11 p.m. ET

I'm hoping this is just another example of their continuing bad journalism. The Democrat side is "Type: Proportional contest", and I understood the GOP side was this way too, up until I saw this article.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/22998069/

RonPaulFTW08
02-05-2008, 03:16 AM
Huh????

Malum Prohibitum
02-05-2008, 10:22 AM
MSNBC has the GOP side of the primary as:

REPUBLICANS
Contest: Closed primary (Independents can’t vote)
Type: Winner-take-all contest
Delegates: 170 pledged
Polls close: 11 p.m. ET

I'm hoping this is just another example of their continuing bad journalism. The Democrat side is "Type: Proportional contest", and I understood the GOP side was this way too, up until I saw this article.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/22998069/

They are idiots. Cali Repubs dont allow independents and its not winner take all.

slamhead
02-05-2008, 10:28 AM
It is winner takes all per district if I am correct. My district has only 3 delegates assigned to it.

hueylong
02-05-2008, 10:31 AM
I'm pretty sure NONE of the info in the original post is true.

Eponym_mi
02-05-2008, 10:36 AM
I'm pretty sure NONE of the info in the original post is true.

Yes....VERY suspicious, especially when a new person posts this on the day of voting.

josh24601
02-05-2008, 11:20 AM
Yes....VERY suspicious, especially when a new person posts this on the day of voting.

1) I just called, and quickly confirmed it.

2) I did this myself.

3) Basically the same as #1

4) I am not scared of machines so didn't bother asking.

THE INFO IS NOT ONLY FINE, IT'S EXTREMELY HELPFUL. TAKE OFF YOUR TINFOIL HATS *PLEASE*.

Instead of posting conspiracies on threads with completely legit info, go ahead and pick up a phone next time first.

Deborah K
02-05-2008, 11:24 AM
1) I just called, and quickly confirmed it.

2) I did this myself.

3) Basically the same as #1

4) I am not scared of machines so didn't bother asking.

THE INFO IS NOT ONLY FINE, IT'S EXTREMELY HELPFUL. TAKE OFF YOUR TINFOIL HATS *PLEASE*.

Instead of posting conspiracies on threads with completely legit info, go ahead and pick up a phone next time first.

Right on, Josh!

sethay
02-05-2008, 11:49 AM

Eponym_mi: Join Date 12-20-2007

vincebodie: Join Date 12-18-2007

This person has been a member of the forum longer then you have.

RonPaulFTW08
02-05-2008, 01:07 PM