PDA

View Full Version : Half of my family's been disenfranchised. Thank you, America, Land of the Free!

Computer
02-04-2008, 11:37 PM
Wife re-registered as a Republican online to vote for Ron Paul. Did it weeks ago. I did too. I voted by absentee already. Tomorrow my state votes for Super Tuesday. We realized she never got her card in the mail. Turns out it never took. I helped her register online. I saw it say it was successful. She's still registered as a Democrat. There's nothing they can do. They never "got" the online request.

She won't be able to vote for Ron Paul. We're bummed, to say the least. But life gets busy and you just forget about things.

When I pay my credit card, I get a confirmation number and an email. When you register to vote, that most sacred of rights, a third grader can design a better system. They never got it, we have no proof, nothing can be done... but I saw with my own eyes that it was SUCCESSFUL.

Nobody knows, nobody cares. It's all down the memory hole.

They figure voting is like weighing grains of sand. If you miss a few grains here and there, it's still fairly accurate, right? Except, if nobody knows or can prove if their grain got counted, then the grain counters can go out back and dump a few handfuls of sand, so to speak, and who will ever be the wiser???

Jae0
02-04-2008, 11:39 PM
Sorry to hear that. ALWAYS register in person or through regular mail.

BreakYourChains
02-04-2008, 11:41 PM
Do it in person from now on. We need to use these computers to our benefit for as long as we can, then trash them! They are costing the people their jobs, they are allowing elections to be stolen, they are allowing data to be collected on all of us that is seriously threatening our freedom! You can't even find a checkout person at the grocery store any more, the computer has taken the jobs! So, don't always do it the easy way in the future, do it the human way, with people to people contact. After all, by using the system like this, you help the other person to keep a job.

slamhead
02-04-2008, 11:41 PM
Not to add injury to insult but there were many warnings posted here about registering online. In California for instance it takes up to 14 days to get your registration form back in the mail which needed to be signed and postmarked by Jan 21.

Have her stand for three hours with an RP sign 200 feet away from your polling place tomorrow as a penance and we will forgive her.

Soccrmastr
02-04-2008, 11:43 PM
You should've double checked...

but life happens dont worry about it!

Instead re-earn that lost vote by donating and participating in grassroots activities.

withallmyheart
02-04-2008, 11:45 PM
Maybe she'll be on the right list at the polls. If she's not tell them what you saw. Can't hurt can it?

gracebkr
02-04-2008, 11:52 PM
I would go and try anyways. Really, bring all your information, license, social, birth, lol, everything and just tell them you registered Republican and show your information. I mean you could be on their papers there in the correct spot, I would not let a phone call stop you from going. Those people there are don't know anything except you are a voter who wants to vote. They will probably try to help you. Just my opinion though. Also, don't mention Ron Paul. If you don't get to vote Republican still vote undecided or something Democrat and try o turn 4 people to Ron Paul to make up for your vote!!

rollingpig
02-04-2008, 11:53 PM
go vote anyway

Computer
02-05-2008, 12:05 AM
Yes, she/we could have been more vigilant about watching for the card in the mail. We reregistered in time, but young kids, etc.

We'll see. Maybe we'll go to the polling place with a video camera rolling and post it on youtube as a lesson in democracy for the heathens in Iraq. :rolleyes:

The whole system is ludicrous! It's ludicrous! It's designed by the Republicrats to be ludicrous! You can't just show up and vote??! Why not! We can bring our papers! We have ze papers! We can bring our biometric ID cards. What do they want??

Seriously thinking about moving to Canada or Australia.

gracebkr
02-05-2008, 12:07 AM
Yes, she/we could have been more vigilant about watching for the card in the mail. We reregistered in time, but young kids, etc.

We'll see. Maybe we'll go to the polling place with a video camera rolling and post it on youtube as a lesson in democracy for the heathens in Iraq. :rolleyes:

The whole system is ludicrous! It's ludicrous! It's designed by the Republicrats to be ludicrous! You can't just show up and vote??! Why not! We can bring our papers! We have ze papers! We can bring our biometric ID cards. What do they want??

Seriously thinking about moving to Canada or Australia.

go as an illegal alien, then they will let you vote. :D

Computer
02-05-2008, 12:08 AM
go as an illegal alien, then they will let you vote. :D

srsly