PDA

View Full Version : McCain: Too Old? "You little Jerk. You're drafted"

Ex Post Facto
02-04-2008, 10:44 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F2zx3-0zOPs&feature=related

WoW. Never will I vote for this guy ever. I don't care if he goes to rehab, and comes out a saint.

heath.whiteaker
02-04-2008, 10:48 PM
I can't wait until the news gets ahold of that .

raiha
02-04-2008, 10:53 PM
His mental health is compromised. Call it PTSD- call it what you will...the man is dangerous.

Caravello
02-04-2008, 10:56 PM
In all fairness, he was just kidding around with this kid. It was in good humor. Any reasonable non-partisan would come away thinking that. I know I did, and I don't like McCain.

heath.whiteaker
02-04-2008, 11:00 PM
In all fairness, he was just kidding around with this kid. It was in good humor. Any reasonable non-partisan would come away thinking that. I know I did, and I don't like McCain.

I'm sorry I don't think a draft is a freaking joke.

Ex Post Facto
02-04-2008, 11:04 PM
A draft is definitly not a joke.

Agent CSL
02-04-2008, 11:32 PM
Jerk comment might have been a joke, but the way he said "you're drafted" is not. He kind of said it under his breath like that's his plan to get back at the kid.

qh4dotcom
02-05-2008, 01:54 AM
This video is from September...it would have been all over the news by now.

Ex Post Facto
02-05-2008, 02:04 AM

Yeah would have if it was RP saying those things. This is like the Obama limo sex video. Any other person the media would be all over it.

Ira Aten
02-05-2008, 06:59 AM

Really? You think the msm would report it widely huh?

Wonder why the fact that McCain called Chuck Grassley an asshole didn't make a bump in the news, even though he did it TWICE in the halls of the U.S. Senate? Or when he told John Cornyn from Texas "FUCK YOU, this is chicken shit!" or perhaps the altercation with 92 year old Senator Thrumond on the Senate floor?

The mainstream hasn't reported the specifics yet, as they want McCain as nominee, then they will unleash on him as the true loose cannon he is, and then Hillary can walz right on in.

Ex Post Facto
02-05-2008, 11:50 AM
It makes more and more sense how are presidents are picked doesn't it.

Caravello
02-05-2008, 01:57 PM
Jerk comment might have been a joke, but the way he said "you're drafted" is not. He kind of said it under his breath like that's his plan to get back at the kid.

Taking things out of context. McCain rambled on for a few minutes about how even his own kids say he's old, and then when he has the young crowd warmed up and laughing he makes the draft and jerk comment. It's not presidential imo, but it was nothing more than a joke with a bunch of kids in the audience.

I think many in here have let their emotions cloud their judgement.

Ex Post Facto
02-05-2008, 02:41 PM
I approach it from the standpoint of, if RP would have said this the media would have a field day with it.

I agree, the comments were probably a joke. But what is good for the geese is good for the gander. The media should be blazing a firestorm of joking about american war, which undermines the presidency. The media covered a comment some reporter said about Tiger Woods, being lynched. Turns out the reporter was a personal friend of Tiger Woods and he didn't mind her saying what she said. That didn't stop days of this being all over the news and a subsequent editor from a magazine being fired as the result of putting a picture of a noose on the cover of the magazine to highlight the story.

qh4dotcom
02-17-2008, 05:15 PM
Bump

Fox McCloud
02-17-2008, 07:18 PM
I watched it, and while it was funny, and I think it was mostly in good humor, I do think there was a bit of resentment from the kid's question in his voice--not like he was mad, but definitely annoyed. If would have been much more of a joke if he would have made some jocular comment on how young the guy who asked the question was.

ChickenHawk
02-17-2008, 07:30 PM
I can't believe the lack of a sense of humor some have around here. No rational person is going to see this video as a negative for McCain. As for the draft not being a joking matter, the draft is a joke. There will NOT be a draft. There would have been a complete withdrawal of troops from Iraq by now if we had a draft because there would have been protests at least as big as there were against Vietnam. McCain knows full well that a draft would destroy any remaining support for the GWOT and make it politically impossible to invade Iran. Why do you think that the only people who ever publicly called for a draft were those that are against the war?

qh4dotcom
02-17-2008, 08:17 PM
No rational person is going to see this video as a negative for McCain.

For the people who are not rational and are scared of the draft, the video is sure to freak them out.

If people were rational they would vote for Ron Paul. For those who didn't, it's going to cost them big bucks on April 15th. If people who say the economy is the most important issue were rational, they wouldn't vote for McCain who hardly knows anything about economics.

Not too many people are rational out there.

And a draft is still not a joke. Ask any person who has ever been drafted if they think it's a joke.

- McCain wants to start more wars and to increase the size of the military. Where will the increase come from? According to an Army recruiter's wife, very few people are enrolling in the military, despite free college and huge enlistment bonuses. The military also needs to replace the soldiers that die in combat, become disabled, get sick, or are injured. Where will the replacements come from?

- Unlike Bush did back in 2004, McCain has offered no guarantees about not imposing a draft.

Working Poor
02-17-2008, 08:22 PM
Face it Ron Paul has so much integrity he makes all the others look really bad.

abe447
02-17-2008, 08:26 PM
It's a joke. Lighten up my friends. If you've heard McCain speak in interviews or at these townhalls, you know his sense of humor. The whole crowd laughed. He was smiling when he said it. For God's sake, you're so anti McCain that you'll use anything against him. This was obviously a joke. My advice to you would be, lighten up and get a life.

kyleAF
02-17-2008, 08:43 PM
For the people who are not rational and are scared of the draft, the video is sure to freak them out.

If people were rational they would vote for Ron Paul. For those who didn't, it's going to cost them big bucks on April 15th. If people who say the economy is the most important issue were rational, they wouldn't vote for McCain who hardly knows anything about economics.

Not too many people are rational out there.

And a draft is still not a joke. Ask any person who has ever been drafted if they think it's a joke.

- McCain wants to start more wars and to increase the size of the military. Where will the increase come from? According to an Army recruiter's wife, very few people are enrolling in the military, despite free college and huge enlistment bonuses. The military also needs to replace the soldiers that die in combat, become disabled, get sick, or are injured. Where will the replacements come from?

- Unlike Bush did back in 2004, McCain has offered no guarantees about not imposing a draft.

The Army and Marine Corps have stooped to accepting Cat IV enlistees into their ranks at a DOUBLE DIGIT rate. That means greater than 10% of their enlistees over the past few years are of significantly sub-par intelligence.

Kinda makes sense to me, as the only people that would "rationally" join the Army during the Iraq conflict are either stupid or insane...

I think it will continue to be the economically disadvantaged who jump at the chance for a GI's paycheck (vs. NO paycheck), those who "just wanna kill something", or those who really aren't smart enough to know any better who fill the ranks.

I don't think a draft is at all likely... but I also don't think it's a laughing matter AT ALL.

Now, before I catch any FLAK from ex-Army or Marine guys, I'm in the Air Force ...oh wait, that'll just catch me MORE FLAK. :)

Bear in mind that a new airman enlistee is being put through basic training that more closely resembles that of the Army than in the past. Also, Air Force officers are being routinely tapped to take over ground convoy commands in the streets of Iraq.

shuyande24
02-18-2008, 06:13 AM
It's a joke. Lighten up my friends. If you've heard McCain speak in interviews or at these townhalls, you know his sense of humor. The whole crowd laughed. He was smiling when he said it. For God's sake, you're so anti McCain that you'll use anything against him. This was obviously a joke. My advice to you would be, lighten up and get a life.

"my friends" ... who are you McCain himself?

Elliott
02-18-2008, 12:37 PM
It was not a light-hearted joke. When he said "you little jerk" and "you're drafted," he was NOT looking at the person he was talking to. That's the key.

If you say something like that that's rude and you're saying it in jest, you look them in the eye with a smile. He never looked at the questioner again.

tbrambo
02-18-2008, 01:03 PM
:mad:

abe447
02-18-2008, 03:15 PM
"my friends" ... who are you McCain himself?

Take it easy, my friend. I was just replying to the thread which shouldn't have been started in the first place. My friends, John McCain can be attacked and criticized on plenty of things but this is not one of them. And I will not surrender when we have people like Ex Post Factor pandering to the agents of intolerance. Here's some straight talk for you- John McCain was JOKING, my friends! Have you ever heard anyone tell a joke before? I don't think some of you have. If you were offended by that, I have this advice for you- lighten up and get a life.

amonasro
02-18-2008, 03:47 PM
This video goes in the MSM vault to be unleashed after the Convention.