PDA

View Full Version : Reminder about Eric Dondero, Former Aide to Ron Paul

jkaufmann
02-04-2008, 10:11 PM
Just a reminder about Paul's fomer aide Dondero, and how Dondero split against Paul and basicaly called him a traitor. I saw a few posts lately about Dondero, and to those new to Ron Paul may not know the past. The article linked was written by Dondero to RedState in May of last year, right after Pauls breakout debate spat with Rudy.

http://www.latestpolitics.com/blog/2007/05/former-ron-paul-campaign-manager.html

To be clear I don't hate the man and I think he is entitled to his opinion and political preferences. But it was THIS debate that pulled me to Ron Paul, which is interesting, when it was this debate that changed a long time aide and companion against Paul.

bcreps85
02-04-2008, 10:30 PM
I don't hate him, but he sounds like an idiot. That was the moment that convinced MANY people to take a look at RP.

Thanehand
02-04-2008, 10:58 PM
I had forgotten about that and you've reminded me to put it on the timeline :) Thank you!

Crickett
02-04-2008, 10:58 PM
Well, he made a decision and now has to live with all blowback.

jkm1864
02-04-2008, 11:09 PM
Looks like a patriot might have to give Him a lesson in what actions are deemed patriotic. I mean a real hands on in You're face lesson.

HippyChimp
02-04-2008, 11:16 PM
But it was THIS debate that pulled me to Ron Paul, which is interesting, when it was this debate that changed a long time aide and companion against Paul.I agree, Dondero is an asshole. However, I'd like to point out that he was anti-Paul prior to this debate. His brand of "main stream libertarianism" has been causing controversies in libertarian circles for at least few years now, and Dondero denounced Paul almost from the moment Paul announced the exploratory committee. Definitely an asshat of the first order, right up there with Luntz in my book.

Broadlighter
02-04-2008, 11:20 PM
If you were one of the 70 percent of Americans who want the U.S. out of the Iraq war, Ron Paul's moment with Giuliani scored huge points for Ron Paul and made Giuliani look like an idiot.

Dondero doesn't know what he's talking about, but if you were a neo-conservative, you'd think Giuliani won the exchange.

Dondero has no credibility, IMO.

slamhead
02-04-2008, 11:21 PM
I am new to this history of the campaign. Now that Rudy is gone I wonder how this dipshit feels.

RonPaulFanInGA
02-04-2008, 11:23 PM
How stupid does this guy look when Paul wins his TX-14 primary on March 4th (I think he only has one challenger now and it's not Dondero)? My reasoning is: 'very bad'.

specsaregood
02-04-2008, 11:24 PM
Dondero has no credibility, IMO.

You got that right. IIRC he has also posted at places that Ron Paul was feeble and his knees so bad that his aides had to carry him out of the car at times.

Anybody that has walked with him or seen him up close know this is a lie.

lastnymleft
02-04-2008, 11:26 PM
Dondero is a joke in libertarian circles. He was a paid hack for Giuliani, and is sore that he's no longer on a winning train. He's missed his ride to the White House - TWICE, now. Had he stayed with Dr Paul, he would likely have had a position, for sure.

He claims to be libertarian, but he's as pro-war as any neo-con. How can he claim to be libertarian with any modicum of intellectual honesty, whilst wanting to pay for it by threatening people with force or imprisonment if they fail to pay the taxes funding that war?

TurtleBurger
02-04-2008, 11:27 PM
You almost have to feel sorry for the guy. He got canned a decade ago and he's still plotting his revenge. Some people don't know how to move on with their lives.

RonPaulFanInGA
02-04-2008, 11:29 PM
You got that right. IIRC he has also posted at places that Ron Paul was feeble and his knees so bad that his aides had to carry him out of the car at times.

Sheesh. Paul runs and bikes every day.

He was a paid hack for Giuliani

Was he paid? I know he was a cheerleader for Giuliani. That's why he thought Giuliani won that little exchange despite the fact that what he said ("absurd", "retract that comment") had no substance whatsoever.

Hook
02-05-2008, 12:15 AM

Actually, Dr. Paul recently had artificial knees put in because of this. He still wears black tennis shoes even with his suits to help with his knees.

That being said, Dondero is an asshole.

JohnnyWrath
02-05-2008, 12:19 AM
don't even talk about him....he is a nobody.

nodope0695
02-05-2008, 12:21 AM
This is about the time I started to give RP a closer look too. I agreed with RP's remark at that debate because I believed in that view before he said it. I remember saying, "Right on! Finally, a politician who speaks the truth, and shares my views!"

Harry96
02-05-2008, 12:28 AM
One of the few things that has ever made me question Ron's judgment is that he ever chose to associate with Dondero.

You want comedy? Go to www.thelibertypapers.org, where Dondero used to post frequently until he was banned last spring. Once there, do a search for Dondero and read the threads containing his old posts. Gold.

Live Free or Die
02-05-2008, 12:35 AM
I've seen comments on various blogs alleging that Eric Dondero was the person responsible for the "racist" remarks in various newsletters published in Ron Paul's name. Those comments disappeared pretty quick. Anyone have more info on this?

nodope0695
02-05-2008, 12:37 AM
Why did the OP even bring this shit up? WTF is the purpose? Seems strange he'd post this crap on the eve of Super Tuesday....lets let this one die, huh folks?

Harry96
02-05-2008, 12:39 AM
I've seen comments on various blogs alleging that Eric Dondero was the person responsible for the "racist" remarks in various newsletters published in Ron Paul's name. Those comments disappeared pretty quick. Anyone have more info on this?

He's been blowing up that scandal all over his blog for a couple of weeks; given that, it'd be really sweet to find out he wrote those articles.

Live Free or Die
02-05-2008, 12:47 AM
He's been blowing up that scandal all over his blog for a couple of weeks; given that, it'd be really sweet to find out he wrote those articles.

Hmm, I haven't read his blog. Is it linked to other political blogs? Perhaps that's the reason the comments I've seen alleging he is the racist author have gone *poof* after a few hours. I must have been reading blogs linked to his via some blog-ring of his buddies...

Someone should check this out.

slantedview
02-05-2008, 12:48 AM
dondero is an absolute idiot.

Harry96
02-05-2008, 01:22 AM
Hmm, I haven't read his blog. Is it linked to other political blogs? Perhaps that's the reason the comments I've seen alleging he is the racist author have gone *poof* after a few hours. I must have been reading blogs linked to his via some blog-ring of his buddies...

Someone should check this out.

His blog is here:

http://libertarianrepublican.blogspot.com

His main site is here:

http://www.mainstreamlibertarian.com/

For some reason, I get perverse enjoyment out of reading his rantings.

Harry96
02-05-2008, 01:26 AM
Here's the thread on Liberty Papers that got him banned, but there are lots of other good ones. Like I said: gold. He thinks "libertarian" is synonymous with "libertine," and openly ridicules people who try to educate themselves about things like history or Austrian economics.

http://www.thelibertypapers.org/2007/04/13/rudy-giuliani-a-big-city-liberal-republican

Austin
02-05-2008, 01:31 AM
Holy shit.. Look at the guys credentials, and he still calls Paul a loon?

$$$ had to be involved.

Live Free or Die
02-05-2008, 01:38 AM
Holy shit.. Look at the guys credentials, and he still calls Paul a loon?

$$$ had to be involved.

QFT

I just checked U.S. court records- seems Mr. Dondero is a litigious nutcase. :D

A LOSING one, at that.

BreakYourChains
02-05-2008, 01:42 AM
Don't go to those blogs. If you must go, break the links! Do not give anything to that Dondero dude, and watch out for the trolls on this forum. One of them, or more, are undoubtedly Dondero.