PDA

View Full Version : Is there no way to stop the MSM?

Hondarider76
02-04-2008, 09:45 PM
I only quote this next source in order to make my point.

The tag line reads "Newsweek: Ron Paul on when he might drop out" But when you go to the article it says nothing about this possibility at all. It merely ends on Dr. Paul reassuring everyone that he will stay in as long as his support (read US) remains strong. What kind of cajones does a person have to have to take the article that is hyperlinked to that title and spin it to read what they use as a tag line? And do it knowing that there will be no blowback!!!

What is with this incessant, belittling, beligerent, inhuman insanity!!!!!!! Why can't the media be stopped? Is there nothing that can be done to make them understand that their sole purpose is to report the truth and let other members of the public decide what is right and wrong. At what point did these people decide that the public didn't need to know the truth, they only needed to be fed what they wanted to tell them. This is not journalism in any way. These are fiction writers that spew their wildest imaginations across print, television and radio and the public just eats it up.

Can they be stopped? What does it take to get an FCC license besides money? Are there stipulations as to what you can talk about on a radio channel?

Sorry for the rant but I wholeheartedly believe that if more people had been aware of the good DR's message, what he stands for and just been given a chance to hear him truly speak rather than answer some ignorant moderators question about his electablility this whole election process would be over. I mean I read one article by the man and realized that he was the real deal. A Patriot!! An honorable man!!

ForrestLayne
02-04-2008, 09:49 PM
The FCC is part of the same problem - selling out the USA - definately not going to get any help there. They are the establishment, too.

thuja
02-04-2008, 09:52 PM
of course there is, but it takes awhile. people are starting not to believe them, but it will be awhile before everyone goes to the internet. that needs protecting, according to what's on www.globalresearch.ca or, i think that's the address

AlexMerced
02-04-2008, 09:54 PM
we can star our own tv station aver the election seson is over, have it up and running 2010, but first let's focus on this election season

sb10
02-04-2008, 09:58 PM
s there nothing that can be done to make them understand that their sole purpose is to report the truth and let other members of the public decide what is right and wrong.

Media companies are that - companies, and they can do what they damn well please. As far as I know these companies don't take oaths to tell the truth, the whole truth, and nothing but the truth. They are selling their product, like the Weekly World News sells theirs.

I certainly understand your frustration. I kid you not they are reporting Hitlery's EVERY move - HILLARY COUGHS AND TEARS UP - NEWS AT 11!

Our salvation is the Internet.

CrownThyGood
02-04-2008, 10:06 PM
yeah .. pretty sad that these guys belly ache a moan all year long about what they're getting and then give most of the attention the candidates that are what they've been complaining about. pathetic.

Remember this: And which of you with taking thought can add to his stature one cubit?

bcreps85
02-04-2008, 10:06 PM
After the election is over if things don't go well, we will find ways to stop them. It will start peaceful, and hopefully end that way as well.

If/When those in power rig the system to stop a peaceful solution to the problems however, it will turn bloody, and they will be outnumbered. They will try to resist, but ultimately they will be beaten by sheer numbers, and their fate will not be jail, it will be brutal public executions. This isn't a threat by any means, but it is quite likely. We've seen it in history over and over. You can push and push and push one way, but when people get fed up enough they will push back, and it will be unimaginably harder than they were ever pushed in the first place.

The straw that breaks the camels back will be gun rights. When those in power think they have whittled people down enough, they will pass legislation to ban guns. Police will go door to door, and there will be isolated incidents of violence...those in power will go too far, and it will cause everyone to rally together. The next house they go to will have 100 citizens bunkered in it, and all hell will break loose.

Still, they will fight...and eventually the citizens will go on the offensive and start hunting the oppressors down at home. And eventually, the citizens will win.

In V for Vendetta this was explained reasonably well, the part where he is talking about how someone will do something very stupid (shooting the little girl in the Guy Fawke's mask).

MaidenFan
02-04-2008, 10:08 PM
Yes, we're doing it right now! If the MSM had total control of the population Dr. Paul wouldn't even be in the race at this point. But they're losing their control, and they're scrambling to regain it. Win, lose, or draw it doesn't matter. What matters is we sent a message loud and clear that we won't be held down any longer, we won't be told what to think and what to believe any longer. We also realized something, that we can make difference. That hardworking, by many standards poor, Americans can get together and raise 25+ million for a cause. We have raised enough money, and caused enough of a stir in the grass roots to compete with the big lobbies and big media. That has them scared, and you can bet they'll do everything to try and stop us. They may even have us believing that we can't win, that we aren't able to win.

But I promise you, we are able, and we will win. As long as we keep fighting they don't stand a chance. Remember WE are the machine, we are the parts that run the machine, and machines are prone to breakdown especially when they are mistreated or ignored by their operators.

AlexMerced
02-04-2008, 10:08 PM
we just need to provide some healthy competition :)

I think there is a market for a channel that reports on 3rd parties, or on anti-establishment candidates.

N13
02-04-2008, 10:09 PM
Don't spit in the fan. Go around it.

Increase our numbers the old fashioned way. One person at a time. Teh internets help too.

bcreps85
02-04-2008, 10:09 PM

I think there is a market for a channel that reports on 3rd parties, or on anti-establishment candidates.

I agree. Once our funding is all replenished after this election we should look into it, seriously.

EvilEngineer
02-04-2008, 10:11 PM
Motivated Chinese + satellite killing missiles + media satellites as targets= MSM done for.

Sadly their targets right now are the GPS satellites in orbit. What a better way to screw with basically all of our new navigation technology than downing the GPS sats.

fj45lvr
02-04-2008, 11:06 PM
the only way to deal with the MSM is to make them FEAR YOU....that takes some kinds of actions that HURT THEM (so that they feel real pain).

Just get creative in ways to hurt the MSM....I can think of lots of ways.

Fear = respect.....right now they are in a steamroller and laughing at us as they roll over.

aravoth
02-04-2008, 11:16 PM
I only quote this next source in order to make my point.

The tag line reads "Newsweek: Ron Paul on when he might drop out" But when you go to the article it says nothing about this possibility at all. It merely ends on Dr. Paul reassuring everyone that he will stay in as long as his support (read US) remains strong. What kind of cajones does a person have to have to take the article that is hyperlinked to that title and spin it to read what they use as a tag line? And do it knowing that there will be no blowback!!!

What is with this incessant, belittling, beligerent, inhuman insanity!!!!!!! Why can't the media be stopped? Is there nothing that can be done to make them understand that their sole purpose is to report the truth and let other members of the public decide what is right and wrong. At what point did these people decide that the public didn't need to know the truth, they only needed to be fed what they wanted to tell them. This is not journalism in any way. These are fiction writers that spew their wildest imaginations across print, television and radio and the public just eats it up.

Can they be stopped? What does it take to get an FCC license besides money? Are there stipulations as to what you can talk about on a radio channel?

Sorry for the rant but I wholeheartedly believe that if more people had been aware of the good DR's message, what he stands for and just been given a chance to hear him truly speak rather than answer some ignorant moderators question about his electablility this whole election process would be over. I mean I read one article by the man and realized that he was the real deal. A Patriot!! An honorable man!!

Yes there is a way, but it requires someone with a little technical knowhow, and that person has to be willing to go to jail for the rest of thier natural life.

fuzzybekool
02-04-2008, 11:18 PM
The media is shooting itself so bad, that more Americans are getting unplugged as each day passes. They are trying so hard to keep Ron Paul blacked out that even non-supporters are wondering (WTF ?).

The MSM reign as sheep herder is seriously ending, and NO ONE can say we did NOTHING to help in their demise.

PepperdotNet
02-05-2008, 12:08 AM
Yes there is a way, but it requires someone with a little technical knowhow, and that person has to be willing to go to jail for the rest of thier natural life.PM me. :D

rebelforacause
02-05-2008, 12:09 AM
telling everyone what to think

affa
02-05-2008, 12:17 AM
The media is complicit both in the endless war and the end of freedom in America. Both right and left agree on this. Their time will come.

alaric
02-05-2008, 12:19 AM

Model it after the 'all news channel' that was on a few years ago. It used local news broadcasters from around the country and actually did a pretty decent job! I think it may have been forced out by the ptb's, but it might work now if the proper backing was given it.

fj45lvr
02-05-2008, 01:33 AM
The media is shooting itself so bad, that more Americans are getting unplugged as each day passes. They are trying so hard to keep Ron Paul blacked out that even non-supporters are wondering (WTF ?).

The MSM reign as sheep herder is seriously ending, and NO ONE can say we did NOTHING to help in their demise.

This is a nice thought you have but it is total crap and not true at all. Just look at our own supporters that are literally "hanging" on every single positive or negative that they put out there.

The MSM is KING OF THE JUNGLE (they are wired into all the homes in the U.S., in the majority of newspapers, and the radio waves.....

the "alternative" media is a JOKE with no money and no audience.....

MONEY rules the "reins" of where the beast will go...so unless Liberty has incredible financial influence there will be no other way than to do it the "old school" way....you give the media a "line in the sand" message (like a declaration given the british) if they choose to ignore it with the same old ARROGANCE then you PUNISH THEM.... after they sustain enough loss and suffering they will then take seriously the "line in the sand"....how many of their paid shills are going to stick their necks out just for the money??? Believe me they will think that their safety and security is more important than the "blow back" from those that deliver their punishment. (this was the way of the Sons of Liberty from our first Revolution....and I dare say Bush's own "shock and awe" and it is the ONLY way to get tyrants to let go (as the Declaration of Independence notes for us).

Make BAGHDAD BOB fear the people more than he fears his master.

IPSecure
02-05-2008, 01:36 AM
C-Span said this morning on Washington Journal when a 'Republican' phoned in and complained about Ron Paul coverage, that tomorrow afternoon they will be covering the great Doctor.

Need to call in, many supporters of other campaigns gave their opinion, but could not answer direct questions, for the reasons that they support their candidate.

Call-In starts at 7:30 am, EST, lasts for one hour.
(202) 737-0001
Only two call-ins did I hear!!!, received busy signal!

nodope0695
02-05-2008, 01:37 AM
If this were an armed, rather than peaceful, revolution, the MSM would be my first target. Again, only if this were an armed revolution. Lets keep it peaceful for now.

fj45lvr
02-05-2008, 01:45 AM
C-Span said this morning on Washington Journal when a 'Republican' phoned in and complained about Ron Paul coverage, that tomorrow afternoon they will be covering the great Doctor.
!

Big deal.....

any GENIUS would tell you they'll ALL be stroking paul in his "post mortem".....they'll probably even think that means they are "balancing" the coverage and they'll tell everyone how great he is after they know he is sunk.

Let's just advertise that little suzy needs money for cancer treatments after she's already dead.

MSM is public enemy #1....the people that pump it out are mercenaries for the tyrants and they have even told us that bragging about it. They figured out a long time ago it was much easier to get where you want to by owning the press. And to make it even worse the eager young minds that come in to operate the machinery like the young soldiers we send to IRAQ have a rude awakening to how it really works....

bcreps85
02-05-2008, 02:10 AM

Need to call in, many supporters of other campaigns gave their opinion, but could not answer direct questions, for the reasons that they support their candidate.

Call-In starts at 7:30 am, EST, lasts for one hour.
(202) 737-0001
Only two call-ins did I hear!!!, received busy signal!

Of course they will cover him again, starting TOMORROW. They needed to hear about him TODAY though, before they went to vote. They are just trying to black him out before decisive votes so that he is "out of sight and out of mind".

BreakYourChains
02-05-2008, 02:26 AM
For now, stop watching the MSM. They are still brainwashing you with their commercials, even if you see the truth (lies) in the programs. Cut your cable, and let them know why. Save your money, and be prepared to use it when the shtf.

In the meantime, learn to grow your own food, and break this dependence on others for your survival as well. This will give you plenty to do since you don't have TV any longer. In fact, this is what was always done before TV, and in the early days when TV was not like this.

The people who own the media, also are the military industrial complex, and are also the medical industrial complex, and also own the Federal Reserve. They do not want us to win - they are ready to be taken down, as more and more people see the lies we have been spoonfed since birth. Keep up the fight, and ignore the MSM. Educate all you can.

We need more human contact anyway, this is partly what is wrong with America. Many hundreds of thousands of jobs have been lost to computers over the past 25 years or so. Yes, we love our computers, but they are really not good when you sit down and think about them. Anyway, I regress. Use your dollars to defeat the MSM for now.....

fj45lvr
02-05-2008, 02:33 AM
. Use your dollars to defeat the MSM for now.....

lets see.....we have how many members of this forum?? lets say we have 100,000 people....divide by 250 million....WOW we could throw them off by .0004%!!!!!

that will surely defeat them!!

People are going to have to RISK their lives, fortunes and sacred honor to actually defeat the MSM....there is no other way.

Paulitician
02-05-2008, 02:37 AM
Not any time soon.

affa
02-05-2008, 02:50 AM
If they determine Ron Paul is no longer a threat (and he most definitely STILL is), they will finally begin showing him in a positive light.

This will be in an attempt to satiate us, to quiet us, to keep us in front of our tvs instead of out in the streets.

Carole
02-05-2008, 04:39 AM
Reality politics?? :)

Carole
02-05-2008, 04:46 AM
Exactly. I have mentioned it before. We need a Liberty channel. :)

Carole
02-05-2008, 04:49 AM
Backing would have to be public, but no big corporations, pacs, etc. (not that they would want to). I think that PBS lacks support because they have big name donors with agendas.

Anyway, we need a Liberty channel that is of, by, and for the people. I can easily imagine how it would destroy the MSM. :)

Carole
02-05-2008, 04:52 AM
Like the FOX boycott. Now they have the new toy WSJ. We really should attack that, too. :D

Carole
02-05-2008, 04:53 AM
Should we not send Newsweek the same message as we sent FOX?

Carole
02-05-2008, 04:56 AM
CNN actually benefited from our FOX boycott. About 200,000 viewers switched to CNN for election coverage who formerly watched FOX.

Paulitician
02-05-2008, 05:09 AM
CNN is no better. All commercial media is corrupt.

Richandler
02-05-2008, 09:54 PM
The only way to beat the MSM is to turn them off. Forever. People here cannot get it through their thick heads, that even if you tune in today, you a giving the MSM legitimacy.

EvilEngineer
02-05-2008, 10:01 PM
the worse part about this election is that the very entity we hate the MSM, is getting the profits from the 400+ million in fund raising for all candidates. Making the problem even worse...

Brian4Liberty
02-05-2008, 10:06 PM
The media is complicit both in the endless war and the end of freedom in America. Both right and left agree on this. Their time will come.

Exactly. They are paving the way for dictatorship.

And who is usually first on a Dictators list? Exactly. The media.

Hondarider76
02-05-2008, 10:09 PM
Oh I'm turning them off, they've been off at my home for over two years. My work pc is controlled by a network administrator that has our homepages locked to a msm outlet. So occasionally while I'm quickly clicking a bookmark to take me away from the madness a catchy title will draw my attention.

I give nothing to the msm besides a deaf ear. I did however find a few websites dedicated to spreading truthful journalism. The Real News Project seems kind of promising, but I'll have to do a little more research.

Matt Collins
02-06-2008, 02:41 AM
Please distribute the below information to your meetup members. If the media starts to screw us tonight in their coverage, we need to flood their phone lines.

Here is the DIRECT line to the Fox News Desk in NYC:
212-301-5800

Here another number for them:
212-301-5860

If anyone cares it was listed here:

http://affiliates.foxnewsradio.com/media/static_content/FOX_Talk_Program_Clock.pdf

All story pitches from affiliates are directed here:
cnnfutures@cnn.com

PHONE NUMBERS:

CNN NewsDesk:
404-827-2759

CNN News Desk FAX:
404-827-3368

CBS News Contact Information

Howard Arenstein,
Executive Producer, at (202) 457-4561 or ArensteinH@cbsnews.com

CBS Radio News Desk: (888) 227-8900; (212) 975-1115; (212) 975-3615

Harvey Nagler, VP, News
212 975 2685; Email: hna@cbsnews.com

Jim Jones, VP,
301 628 2510; Email: jjones@westwoodone.com

Beth Robinson, V.P., Broadcast Operations
212 975 2044; Email Beth_Robinson@westwoodone.com

Constance Lloyd, General Manager
212 975 3257; Email cl1@cbsnews.com

Howard Arenstein, Washington Radio Bureau Chief
202 457 4561; Email HAX@cbsnews.com

Contact Howard about daily news coverage in Washington, D.C. and Weekend Roundup
Aliah Git, Executive Editor
212 975 7730, Email: gita@cbsnews.com

Contact Aliah about daily news coverage and special events
Charlie Kaye, Executive Producer
212 975 3791; Email cka@cbsnews.com

Contact Charlie about daily news coverage and special events
Linda Coombs, Manager of Operations
212 975 6952; Email: lco@cbsnews.com

Craig Swagler, Special Events, Executive Producer
212 975 7631; Fax 212 975 7632; Email swaglerc@cbsnews.com

Contact Craig to arrange special events coverage, planning and credentials

Ingrid Belqaid, Newsroom Coordinator
212 975 9424; Email ihu@cbsnews.com
Contact Ingrid for payments, story research, CBS art and logos, and 60 Minutes information

Phil Chin, Producer, Osgood File
212 975 2874; Email: pchin@cbs.com

Central Control
212 975 2021

Contact Central Control for technical needs and questions
Broadcast Operations
212 975 2021

Taken from:

http://affiliates.westwoodone.com/content/technical-clocks/news/CBS%20Affiliate%20Program%20Book%2010-07.pdf

Join The Paul Side
02-06-2008, 02:58 AM
They way to attack the MSM is to do what they do to attack others. Destroy their reputation. Get the dirt on their anchors and executives. Get the dirt on their assistants and even their janitors if you can.

There was a very popular Weather Forecaster in my community that was well liked. It was exposed that he was a pedophile and he was utterly destroyed by it.

Get the dirt on the scumbags! I heard Bill O'reilly is going through a sexual harassment lawsuit. Something like this could be very damaging to his character. Let's hope this can send him into retirement. :cool: