PDA

View Full Version : We blew even Obama away in 4th Q donations from the military!

SteveMartin
02-04-2008, 09:42 PM
Somebody set this up on DIGG...MAKE IT GO VIRAL QUICKLY PEOPLE!!!

Military Donors Back Ron Paul & Obama

February 04, 2008 3:19 PM

The Center for Responsive Politics, which tracks campaign cash, looks at the 2007 money-raising and finds the following:

In 2007, the 2008 presidential candidates raised $582.5 million and spent $481.2 million.

In the 4th quarter of 2007, individuals in the Army, Navy and Air Force made those branches of the armed services the No. 13, No. 18 and No. 21, contributing industries, respectively. War opponent Rep. Ron Paul, R-Texas, received the most from donors in the military, collecting at least $212,000 from them. Another war opponent, Sen. Barack Obama, D-Illinois, was second with about $94,000.

Soldiers love Ron and Barack, and lobbyists love Sen. Hillary Clinton, D-NY, the No. 1 recipient of lobbyist cash, receiving $823,000 in 2007 from the lobbying industry, which gave about $2.7 million overall.

Lawyers and law firms have contributed more than any other industry, giving $46.6 million. Democrats got 77 percent of that, with Clinton the top recipient.

Youth vote, shmooth vote, Obama has raised more from retired individuals -- the second biggest donor group -- than any other remaining candidate.

The securities and investment industry, in third place, gave nearly $28.7 million, 56 percent to Democrats, Clinton the top recipient.

What do you think? Have you given any money to politicians this election cycle?

Ninja Homer
02-04-2008, 09:47 PM
I think Ron Paul just said in the Minneapolis rally speech that he got more military donations in the 4th quarter than all the other Republicans AND Democrats combined.

RPDelegate
02-04-2008, 09:47 PM
Tonight at the rally in MN, RP said he's received more donations from active military than all the other candidates including the dems combined. Sounds to me like the active military really likes RP's foreign policy.

Edit - Sorry Ninja Homer, we posted at the same time apparently.

SteveMartin
02-04-2008, 09:49 PM
WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

WE NEED ANOTHER PRESS RELEASE ON THIS NOW!!!!

Devil_rules_in_extremes
02-04-2008, 09:55 PM
Obama Bots:

http://digg.com/2008_us_elections/PRAISE_OBAMA_HALLELUJAH

Ninja Homer
02-04-2008, 10:07 PM
Tonight at the rally in MN, RP said he's received more donations from active military than all the other candidates including the dems combined. Sounds to me like the active military really likes RP's foreign policy.

Edit - Sorry Ninja Homer, we posted at the same time apparently.

It's cool. I thought that was what I heard, and now you've verified it for me. :D

SRRP77
02-04-2008, 10:09 PM
I just wrote a press release for that grassroots press thing they were raising money for. I don't know that they read my revised version but please read and help that out. Their thread is below and they need feedback.

(your name) FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
(your telephone number)
(your email address)

PRESIDENTIAL CANDIDATE RON PAUL DRAWS MOST MILITARY SUPPORT

ANN ARBOR, MI – Ron Paul’s fundraising for the fourth quarter leads all other Republican candidates, as do his military donors. Military donors in both the third and fourth quarters overwhelming chose Paul as their candidate of choice. The raw numbers put John McCain in a distant second.

From RonPaul2008.com, Ron Paul’s military donations totaled 249 thousand, with 1160 unique donors, McCain with 83 thousand and 438 donors. Both Mike Huckabee and Mitt Romney had 126 military donors each, Huckabee raising thirty seven thousand and Romney with twenty four thousand.

Rhys Williams Jr., Ann Arbor based Political Marketing Consultant, is not surprised:

“I find it hard to believe that many active duty military would support anyone but Ron Paul. My grandfather would never talk about ‘the war’ and I’ll never forget the G.I. I met on leave from Iraq who looked at me and said ‘People just aren’t meant to kill like that.’”

Sergeant Raymond Cheung, a retiree of the Marine Corp agrees, “I donated to Dr. Paul because I believe he is the only candidate with the principles and leadership to truly support our troops by instituting a sound and moral foreign policy of freedom and friendship.”

Presidential Candidate Ron Paul took second place at both the Nevada and Maine caucuses, widening his nationwide support.

# # #

ABOUT <Grassroots Members of Ronpaulforums.com> - This press release is provided from the efforts of ronpaulforums.com and its members.

- END -