PDA

View Full Version : I dropped Ron's name on Larry King tonight, consider it my Super Tuesday blessing.

Starks
02-04-2008, 09:21 PM
Larry King Live is the #8 cable news show in terms of ratings and the #1 most watched show on CNN. Additionally, Larry's ratings soar whenever he brings on Bill Maher as guest (like he did tonight).

While I'm not sure whether this was the first time Ron's name has been mentioned on the show outside of the unaired interview with Ron himself, I'm pretty sure people listened up when I brought up the Maine caucus and the MSM bullshit.

My question to Bill was quite loaded and was something like this:

"Bill, I'm a left-leaning Independent but I've been following the Republican race very closely. There was a caucus in Maine this weekend but the MSM has pretty much ignored it. For the outlets that had covered it, they presented the story with Romney winning all 18 of the delegates. This isn't true. Romney merely won the meaningless straw poll. The media needs to follow the delegates, not the beauty contests. If they followed the delegates, we'd all know that Romney did in fact get a plurality of delegates with Ron Paul in a close second. Huckabee and McCain barely registered. I ask you, why isn't the MSM covering this?"

After Bill praised my apparent expertise in the subject of politics, he quipped the most rattling line of the night.

Bill: "I didn't even know that Maine had a caucus..."

If you DVR'd tonight's episode, please Youtube my call-in from College Park, MD. It was towards the very end of the show.

Fields
02-04-2008, 09:22 PM
Good job.

Battlecruiser
02-04-2008, 09:22 PM
Holy shit, I KNEW it was a Ron Paul supporter but I don't think others would have picked up on it. Congrats dude, you did a really nice job. Thanks for keeping your cool.

Fields
02-04-2008, 09:24 PM
I'll be sure to watch the replay if no one gets it before then.

BFranklin
02-04-2008, 09:24 PM
You should have asked "Bill why did you speak so highly of Ron Paul in the beginning and now you never mention his name, you even just said if we leave bases in Iraq that will cause them to want to come over here and kill us, thats what Ron Paul has been saying for years"

Agora
02-04-2008, 09:25 PM
wow, I thought LKing had unusual moment of inspiration...but that was YOUR question!!!
great! :)

Starks
02-04-2008, 09:26 PM
You should have asked "Bill why did you speak so highly of Ron Paul in the beginning and now you never mention his name, you even just said if we leave bases in Iraq that will cause them to want to come over here and kill us, thats what Ron Paul has been saying for years"

I'm willing to be that I would've been cut off if I asked such a specific question about Ron.

Jeremy
02-04-2008, 09:26 PM
that was you? =O

robert4rp08
02-04-2008, 09:28 PM
Awesome man. Can't wait to see the youtube!

Starks
02-04-2008, 09:28 PM
that was you? =O

Yup.

Battlecruiser
02-04-2008, 09:29 PM

Too specific, and blatant. That's the problem. People are too blatant and it comes off as advertising. People tune out to that stuff and it makes us sound like "ronbots" (I really hate that word). I liked the way Starks subtly inserted Paul in though. It was a good mention.

Gtex
02-04-2008, 09:31 PM
Very nice work.

Ilhaguru
As some would say,

Youtube it or it never happened!!!

Crickett
** I was just told you get this medal of distinction award. It is solid silver (thin) with 4 stars. Wear it with pride. WTG!!! So what did you say after that? Did you know Dr. Paul was still running?? LOL

The MSM is even manipulating Bill. They all just print what the wire services tell them to, then Bill reads it and forms an opinion. LOL

DAFTEK
02-04-2008, 09:32 PM
He threw the question on the trash and moved on to Husein Obama

Tina
02-04-2008, 09:33 PM
I heard that!! Good job.

JoshLowry
02-04-2008, 09:34 PM
Thanks starks.

Mark
02-04-2008, 09:34 PM
Good job! Are you sure Bill wasn't making an off-colored joke?

Starks
02-04-2008, 09:35 PM
Good job! Are you sure Bill wasn't making an off-colored joke?

He and 95% of America don't even know that Maine had a caucus.

notagain
02-04-2008, 09:35 PM
Thats the most primetime exposure RP has had in a while!

RonPauledbyYoutube
02-04-2008, 09:36 PM
Great job man. You made Bill look stupid with his comment. I guess that is his way of ignoring RP, making an ahole of himself on national tv. Greatly done!!!

Starks
02-04-2008, 09:37 PM
Please tell me that someone recorded this!

amy31416
02-04-2008, 09:38 PM
Fantastic job. What the heck happened to Maher? He once proclaimed Paul as his "hero."

Fair weather friends....what a schmuck.

TNTCAN
02-04-2008, 09:40 PM
:):D
Great job man. You made Bill look stupid with his comment. I guess that is his way of ignoring RP, making an ahole of himself on national tv. Greatly done!!!

Great question, was shocked to hear Ron Paul's name on CNN

A. Havnes
02-04-2008, 09:41 PM
Great job, Starks! I hope someone youtubes it so I can see it, but either way, at least you got Ron's name out there.

humanic
02-04-2008, 09:41 PM
Bill Maher is a fraud. He takes a patronizing tone with anyone he doesn't agree with, even if he has no substantive reason to disagree. This is not to say that he never justifies his point of view with facts and sound logic (he does), but often times he does not. Not only that, his point of view is sometimes clearly based in downright ignorance.

The fact that he constantly takes such an arrogant tone makes him obnoxious. The fact that he takes such an arrogant tone even when he is clearly ignorant of the subject matter being discussed makes him a fool.

A good example: In an interview with Ron Paul, he says:

(View the video here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xo6KIusCBoU)

"See, I've always thought I was a libertarian, but I'm Chairman Mao compared to you. I mean, YOU THINK WE SHOULD GET RID OF THE C.I.A.!"

To me, his tone clearly says "...WHICH IS MORONIC!"

Then Ron explains his point of view calmly and rationally, namely that he disapproves of the CIA covertly killing people and overthrowing other governments. Maher cuts him off:

"BUT WE'RE UNDER ATTACK BY CRAZY MUSLIM FANATICS. DON'T YOU THINK EVEN IF THEY'RE DOIN A BAD JOB IT'S BETTER THAN NO JOB AT ALL? I would feel pretty naked without the CIA."

Then Ron tries to further explain his point of view, and is cut off again by Maher:

"But... but congressman. You are pretty far out there as far as the libertarian thing. I mean, I've read that you said that YOU DON'T THINK THAT WE SHOULD HAVE FOUGHT THE CIVIL WAR!"

Can you not also hear him saying "...... WHICH IS MORONIC"? I can.

Then Ron thoroughly explains his rationale for having his point of view, to which Maher simply responds, in a condescending tone:

"Alright..... not for the Civil War..........."

Again, I think this clearly comes off as "Alright.... clearly you're not going to drop your moronic position that we could have avoided the Civil War........."

No counter argument, just patronizing bullshit.

Bill Maher cares more about his own ego than truth or logic, period. He is a fake.

OrbitalGun
02-04-2008, 09:46 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TwgBUQlGh0g

-lotus-
02-04-2008, 09:50 PM
i knew it was one of you guys. i really wish you would have mentioned that those delegates that romney and paul won were also UNBOUND delegates, meaning they can end up voting for whoever they want in the end. good job regardless

humanic
02-04-2008, 09:50 PM

Wow, hell yeah Starks. Getting the truth about Maine on CNN while simultaneously exposing Maher as the ignorant fool he is.... beautiful.

Starks
02-04-2008, 09:51 PM

Thank you so much!

(I read your name as OrbitGum at first. My bad.)

vroomery
02-04-2008, 09:52 PM
linky no worky

RonPauledbyYoutube
02-04-2008, 09:52 PM
jajajajaja, just watch it. My goodnes, Starks great job. Bill is a complete moron. He just looked like a complete idiot. That was great.

Hadn't enjoyed one of those "got you sucker" moments.

OUTSTANDING JOB!!! I also commend you my friend.

When he says, "Man, you followed politics better than I do". Thats because you are an RP supporter. Supporters of other candidates are SHEEP!!!

-lotus-
02-04-2008, 09:53 PM
jajajajaja, just watch it. My goodnes, Starks great job. Bill is a complete moron. He just looked like a complete idiot. That was great.

Hadn't enjoyed one of those "got you sucker" moments.

OUTSTANDING JOB!!! I also commend you my friend.

When he says, "Man, you followed politics better than I do". Thats because you are an RP supporter. Supporters of other candidates are SHEEP!!!

i agree. i think anyone who supports RP has a much more in depth understanding of the actual structure behind a presidential election.

Starks
02-04-2008, 09:53 PM
The video got pulled already?

RonPauledbyYoutube
02-04-2008, 09:55 PM
The video got pulled already?

Indeed. BS!!!!!!!!

amy31416
02-04-2008, 09:55 PM

Video doesn't seem to be available....

RonPauledbyYoutube
02-04-2008, 09:56 PM
Video doesn't seem to be available....

It's back on!!!:D

RonPauledbyYoutube
02-04-2008, 09:58 PM
Just watched it again.

jajajaja, Larry is also trying to figure it out.

I can't get over it.

amy31416
02-04-2008, 10:00 PM
Just watched it again.

jajajaja, Larry is also trying to figure it out.

I can't get over it.

A couple of simpletons, they don't even know some of the basics about the primaries. Nice work Starks.

pacelli
02-04-2008, 10:01 PM
Nice job Starks, you did great!!!

DDMX
02-04-2008, 10:04 PM
This video is unavailable.

amy31416
02-04-2008, 10:04 PM
It's back on!!!:D

Back off again...and a video of Mitt is featured on the "unavailable" page.

pacelli
02-04-2008, 10:05 PM
Starks you should call-in to ron paul revolution radio right now, perfect time for your story www.rprradio.com 1-877-646-2008 . Get the word out to encourage other people to join operation call-in :)

Vet_from_cali
02-04-2008, 10:10 PM
says unavailable for me too

RonPauledbyYoutube
02-04-2008, 10:12 PM
says unavailable for me too

Try this link

Watching it as I type. JAJAJAJA morons!!!

Never mind it's a dead link. I am watching it though, but the page is loaded.

RonRules
02-04-2008, 10:13 PM
Can you repost the video (it's gone again), but with an innocuous title without RP.

Have a friend of yours post it. Maybe they've got you on some black list.

PM me if you want me to post it.

amy31416
02-04-2008, 10:15 PM
Can you repost the video (it's gone again), but with an innocuous title without RP.

Have a friend of yours post it. Maybe they've got you on some black list.

PM me if you want me to post it.

I can post it too if I get the file, it'd be pretty funny if we all did, under different inane titles.

bigronaldo
02-04-2008, 10:19 PM
Just uploaded to http://blip.tv/file/647790/. Who knows how long it will last up there though. I have the source video, so I can just keep uploading it. ;-)

raystone
02-04-2008, 10:26 PM
just watched youtube version....awesome job !!!!!

rimberry
02-04-2008, 10:28 PM
I put it on Digg Lol: http://www.digg.com/2008_us_elections/Bill_Maher_just_another_talking_head

Reddit also: http://reddit.com/r/politics/info/67olo/comments/

peznex
02-04-2008, 11:29 PM
I put it on Digg Lol: http://www.digg.com/2008_us_elections/Bill_Maher_just_another_talking_head

Reddit also: http://reddit.com/r/politics/info/67olo/comments/

Make a new thread because not many will see this.