PDA

View Full Version : Conversion story!

Original_Intent
08-07-2007, 09:29 PM
I just got off the phone with my dad. He and I have been "going the rounds" over Ron Paul for a few months. We are in Utah and he has been a big Mitt Romney supporter, and frankly, I had about given up hope.

Well, he attended the Utah GOP state convention a while back and picked up some RP material from a booth that the SLC Meetup had. Among them the AFTF video. He and my mom watched it a few days ago and that got them to do some ACTUAL RESEARCH into Ron Paul and now they are Ron Paul 110%!!

Most of you are probably saying - OK, one guy and his wife finaly got a clue - so what?

Well, the good news is, my dad served a couple of terms as a county commisioner out there and he is highly respected in the community in general and the Republican party especially. He is very charismatic and (like Dr. Paul) he is a politican that people know is also a highly principled man. I honestly don't think there is a person in the county of about 15,000 that he doesn't know by name. (OK, maybe not everyone) - but this is very big, I know that probably hundreds of people will give Dr. Paul a look who otherwise would not have. And we all know what happens when people give Ron Paul a chance to be heard :)

Anyway, wanted to share that! Back to your regularly scheduled program. :p

RP08
08-07-2007, 09:32 PM
Great story and great news! Usher in another passionate supporter/promoter!

mrchubbs
08-07-2007, 09:33 PM
That is how it is done. Converting people one by one turns into exponential conversions. Great job.

Enjoy,
MrChubbs

----
Escaping Ineffability
http://marcg.net/blog

BLS
08-07-2007, 09:33 PM
Good news! I just borrowed the AFTF DVD from a coworker tonight.

I told her about Ron Paul and she is currently youtubing him.

Another voter.

Shatterhand
08-07-2007, 09:34 PM
Didn't Dr. Paul say that word of mouth is a powerful thing?

Great work!

:D :D :D :D

PatriotOne
08-07-2007, 09:34 PM
I love a good conversion story!

Ronstock '08
08-07-2007, 09:36 PM
I just got off the phone with my dad. He and I have been "going the rounds" over Ron Paul for a few months. We are in Utah and he has been a big Mitt Romney supporter, and frankly, I had about given up hope.

Well, he attended the Utah GOP state convention a while back and picked up some RP material from a booth that the SLC Meetup had. Among them the AFTF video. He and my mom watched it a few days ago and that got them to do some ACTUAL RESEARCH into Ron Paul and now they are Ron Paul 110%!!

Most of you are probably saying - OK, one guy and his wife finaly got a clue - so what?

Well, the good news is, my dad served a couple of terms as a county commisioner out there and he is highly respected in the community in general and the Republican party especially. He is very charismatic and (like Dr. Paul) he is a politican that people know is also a highly principled man. I honestly don't think there is a person in the county of about 15,000 that he doesn't know by name. (OK, maybe not everyone) - but this is very big, I know that probably hundreds of people will give Dr. Paul a look who otherwise would not have. And we all know what happens when people give Ron Paul a chance to be heard :)

Anyway, wanted to share that! Back to your regularly scheduled program. :p

Great news. Keep up the good work. I'm still working on my 23 year old daughter who is a Hillary/Obama supporter! Looks hopeless, but your story is an inspiration.

PHenry
08-07-2007, 09:48 PM
Thanks for sharing this!

purepaloma
08-07-2007, 09:51 PM
Things seem to be spreading like an STD !!

d991
08-07-2007, 09:56 PM
Advertisers know that word of mouth is the most powerful of the various methods, and obviously its very inexpensive. The only problem is that its not that easy to get a great deal of buzz around a product. In this case the product is Ron Paul and his supporters give all they can to spread the word about him.

Thomas_Paine
08-07-2007, 10:10 PM
Have you ever had someone who came up to you and said,

"Have you heard about Rudy Giuliani?"