PDA

View Full Version : In Desperation, Real Conservatives Seek to Open Up the GOP Campaign

Bradley in DC
02-04-2008, 08:58 PM
http://www.pensitoreview.com/2008/02/04/in-desperation-real-conservatives-seek-to-open-up-the-gop-campaign/

http://www.conservativesbetrayed.com/gw3/articles-latestnews/articles.php?CMSArticleID=3800&CMSCategoryID=19

In Desperation, Real Conservatives Seek to Open Up the GOP Campaign
Buck | Feb. 4, 2008

Please join me in an all-out effort to keep Rush Limbaugh from voting in the 2008 election. But more on that later.

Our favorite right-wing nut job, Richard Viguerie, is up on his soapbox again. This time he’s calling on his fellow conservative Goldwater worshipers to call on the Republican Party to open up its convention next September in hopes that some party savior will materialize. Here’s Viguerie dreaming out loud:

The discombobulated state of the Republican presidential campaign means that it is still possible for someone to jump into the race. Such a candidate could serve as a kingmaker at the Republican convention in September, or even – yes, it’s possible – could become the party’s nominee.

Viguerie then goes on to critique the current batch of GOP candidates. Guess what? He finds that none of them is Ronald Reagan:

McCain has Reagan’s toughness, is a Vietnam War hero, supports a strong military, and opposes pork-barrel spending, but sides with liberals on immigration, freedom of speech, taxes, environmental extremism, and other important issues.
Huckabee is a Reagan-style populist and a conservative on social issues, but is sympathetic to Goreism, and he fought conservatives on taxes, spending, immigration, and other issues when he was governor.
Romney has adopted a mostly-Reaganite platform, but he is suspect because he converted to conservatism only after serving as governor, and, besides, many conservatives see him as a probable loser in November.
Ron Paul is the real straight-talker in the race, the one who stays truest to the libertarian beliefs that are, as Reagan said, “the heart of conservatism.” He is the one candidate who doesn’t confuse a strong defense with the failed policy of nation-building. But most conservatives want a powerful U.S. presence in world affairs and will never support Paul’s defense and foreign policy. In any event, Paul’s chance of getting elected, or even nominated, is infinitesimal.
But do you want to know how really bad it is? Viguerie lays it out like the voice of doom:

Even Rush Limbaugh has raised the possibility that he may not support the Republican nominee this year. The nomination of McCain or Huckabee, he said, would destroy the party as we know it.

Gasp! The Bloviator not support the GOP nominee? Man, things really do look bleak. Of course, they don’t look much brighter when Viguerie goes down his short list of possible party saviors: Former Virginia Gov. and Sen. George Allen, Sen. Tom Coburn of Oklahoma, Sen. Jim DeMint or Gov. Mark Sanford of South Carolina. That’s it? That’s the best you can do Richard?

Well, I think readers of Pensito Review could help out in Viguerie’s time of need by making some recommendations. Viguerie asks for them. He even provides an e-mail address to send them to: RAV@ConservativesBetrayed.com.

What about a Tom DeLay or Larry Craig? Not conservative enough? I hear David Duke’s out on the lecture circuit. But don’t let me tell you who to suggest. Let’s all e-mail Viguerie and do our part to keep Rush Limbaugh away from the polls.

TER
02-04-2008, 09:01 PM
Great article.

thekeeper
02-04-2008, 09:02 PM
The Republican Party is totally in disarray!

jdmetz
02-04-2008, 09:19 PM
Here is my e-mail to Richard:

Richard,

You mentioned your true conservative right in your article. Ron Paul is who
our party needs right now. He is a true conservative with the voting record
to back it up. He is a Christian who lives out his faith. He is pro-life.
He is a fiscal conservative.

You have rightly pointed out that most Republicans this election cycle want a
strong American presence abroad, but this *is not* the true conservative
position. As Ron Paul has pointed out, we spend so much money abroad that no
matter what we do domestically, we cannot be fiscally conservative. Our
deficit spending is going to ruin our great country. We either need to cut
spending or raise taxes.

Secondly, we *will lose* in November if we insist on nominating someone who is
happy to stay in Iraq until we win, someone who wants to go into Iran, too.
The country as a whole doesn't want it and will not vote for it.

It may take a brokered convention to get Ron Paul nominated, but if we don't
do it, we are making a huge mistake as a party.

Sincerely,
Josh Metzler
Ann Arbor, MI

Primbs
02-05-2008, 09:54 AM
There is a video on youtube from last year's CPAC showing Viguerie endorsing Ron Paul.

WilliamC
02-05-2008, 09:59 AM
There is a video on youtube from last year's CPAC showing Viguerie endorsing Ron Paul.

And don't forget www.ultimateronpaul.com, which is in part run by Viguerie.

I don't see much success from him in fundraising for Ron Paul though :(

raiha
02-05-2008, 01:23 PM
What a lovely word 'discombobulated' I feel somewhat discombobulated myself this morning!
Well I'm not going to cry any tears for the GOP. As my mama used to say...you make your bed and then you have to lie in it. Where's McCain etc gonna get money for new sheets and pillowcases? War war and more war he was saying this morning scoffing at white flags! He's mad!

RickNHouston
02-05-2008, 03:44 PM
Phuc it! Im going back to sleep! And I spent my grandkids Christmas money on this charade! Thnx for givng me hope, Ron ! You're a great man and will surely be remembered in history as Americas "Statesman of the 21st century". Take Carol, now, and go home! Enjoy your golden years by the sea, enjoy your grand children and know, that you did more to revive and invigorate us "paulites" in 1 short year than anyone could have ever guessed. I have never before had the occassion to say the words "I Love You" to any man other than my father, my son and my grandson, but today I say "I love You" for the difference you have made in the lives of so many. May God Bless and Look Over You for the Rest of Your Days!

Thank you!

Richard D.Wyatt
Paulite from Houston, Texas
Feb. 15, 2007 - the bitter end