PDA

View Full Version : God, help us sinners

TER
02-04-2008, 08:26 PM
Grant us mercy in the days ahead. Being a loving and compassionate God, have mercy on us who are blind and look away from Your light, and grant us the wisdom and the strength to confront tomorrow with a renewed vigor and zeal, and to always strive for righteousness and do Your Holy will.

Keep fighting the good fight!

zbus12
02-04-2008, 08:55 PM
amen!

John 8:31 Then Jesus said to those Jews who believed Him, “If you abide in My word, you are My disciples indeed. 32 And you shall know the truth, and the truth shall make you free.”

Ara825
02-04-2008, 08:57 PM
God help America
Amen

Drknows
02-04-2008, 08:57 PM
I watched There will be blood last night GOOD MOVIE!!!

OptionsTrader
02-04-2008, 08:58 PM
I watched There will be blood last night GOOD MOVIE!!!

We will drink up votes from the neocons over time.

I Drink Your Milkshake!

Runnerguy
02-04-2008, 08:59 PM
Amen

Red Dingo
02-04-2008, 09:10 PM
Grant us mercy in the days ahead. Being a loving and compassionate God, have mercy on us who are blind and look away from Your light, and grant us the wisdom and the strength to confront tomorrow with a renewed vigor and zeal, and to always strive for righteousness and do Your Holy will.

Keep fighting the good fight!

Sorry to be a wet blanket but I also heard this prayed just as Bush and McCain were sitting down to have a bit of holy time with their God, and so Bush prayed:

"Grant us mercy in the days ahead. Being a loving and compassionate God, have mercy on the dissidents in our country, like those pesky Ron Paul supporters who are blind and look away from Your light - the light of true neoconservatism and the light of greed and a love for money and oil and of enforcing our superior Western ideals upon the countries all around the world (especially the ones that are in a close proximity to vast oil-fields, who themselves (i.e. the Ron Paul supporters) mock us; mock ol Dubya here, and say that the very things Dubya stands for are anathema to you, our Holy God; Pfff, we could always get them taken out........
and grant us the wisdom and the strength to confront ........McCain, are YOU STILL AWAKE, McCain....Let me see that.. (reaches across to McCain, pulls of his headphones and has a listen).. You've been listening to Babara Ann the whole time we were praying....(even then McCain can't answer and so he just starts singing again 'Bomb Bomb Bomb, Bomb, Bomb, Iran' - good old Bomb Bomb John Bomb

And so they got up out of their very comfortable chairs (lines with real gold), and procedded into the next room to play twister with the prize that the winner gets to pick if we invade Iran today or not, (and this game will continue right up to the time where the winner of the game of twister between Bush and McCain actually decides to do it. Or they might flip a coin,

Ginobili
02-04-2008, 09:12 PM
The Christian in me says Amen.
The Atheist I am today says keep on praying, if it helps you.

TER
02-04-2008, 09:15 PM

I will and it does! :)

amistybleu
02-04-2008, 09:16 PM

The christian in me says be nice, but after hours of phone calls to drum up votes in our caucus all I can say is I have some stupid ass neighbors.

Mark
02-04-2008, 10:15 PM
After being involved in politics for the first time and really noticing all the dirty tricks including those done by the media,

the Christian in me says: "Now I understand the need for a Lake of Fire to destroy souls in."

I had no idea there were so many people, who I thought were fair, that are in fact being so manipulative.

I had no idea there were so many people trading their soul to gain the world.

Mark
02-04-2008, 10:26 PM
Forgot to add that there's a prayer event going on all through the Super Tuesday Elections.

PaulPrayer.com (http://PaulPrayer.com)

http://revmark.org/prayer/images/pha.gif (http://www.ronpaul2008.com/)

The Current "Power Prayer Event" is
Prayer During During the "Super Tuesday" Elections

Paul Prayer is a "Power Prayer" site
(for those who pray and send positive thoughts in their own individual way)
for Presidential Candidate Rep. Dr. Ron Paul
"In this situation of this Assembly, groping as it were in the dark to find political truth, and scarce able to distinguish it when presented to us,
how has it happened, Sir, that we have not hitherto once thought of humbly applying to the Father of lights to illuminate our understandings?
In the beginning of the Contest with Great Britain, when we were sensible of danger we had daily prayer in this room for the divine protection.
Our prayers, Sir, were heard, and they were graciously answered.
All of us who were engaged in the struggle must have observed frequent instances of a superintending providence in our favor.
To that kind providence we owe this happy opportunity of consulting in peace on the means of establishing our future national felicity.
And have we now forgotten that powerful friend?
Or do we imagine that we no longer need his assistance?"
http://revmark.org/prayer/images/shs.jpg (http://www.ronpaul2008.com/)