PDA

View Full Version : Bill Mahre: "If you're not in the news cycle, you don't exist"

wfd40
02-04-2008, 08:21 PM
Talking about Rudi Goul's terrible mistake in not trying to win any early primaries... and thus effectively eliminating himself from the day to day news cycle that in today's ADD world is so very central.

Here's to hoping that Dr. Paul's similar strategy does not carry with it, a similar fate.. though at the moment, I must admit, my fears and anxieties are quite high
:o

Havax
02-04-2008, 08:22 PM
He's on Larry King right now and they are doing the usual of mentioning everyone except Ron Paul in their discussion.

wfd40
02-04-2008, 08:23 PM
case in point.. lol

:(

Drknows
02-04-2008, 08:26 PM
Talking about Rudi Goul's terrible mistake in not trying to win any early primaries... and thus effectively eliminating himself from the day to day news cycle that in today's ADD world is so very central.

Here's to hoping that Dr. Paul's similar strategy does not carry with it, a similar fate.. though at the moment, I must admit, my fears and anxieties are quite high

Lets be honest it was never a secret strategy.

barbz
02-04-2008, 08:27 PM
You can't compare the two. Guiliani's choices brought about his own downfall. Ron Paul continues to do better all the time in spite of a media blackout.

literatim
02-04-2008, 08:28 PM
The strategy is not to not be mentioned in the media. That happens no matter what the campaign does.

driller80545
02-04-2008, 08:30 PM
We are probably not going to do very well tomorrow, but Dr. Paul's perseverance is what will get people to take notice of him. At some point, people are going to begin to think about who this guy is and why are his supporters so loyal. That is when we will begin to see percentages rise. Curiousity is in human nature and if we continue to buck the media people are going to get curious. I hope that it won't be too late by then, but it will happen.

derdy
02-04-2008, 08:39 PM

I can't believe he has the balls to say that.

For one, he's not even mentioning Ron Paul!!

And two, Rudy was ALWAYS in the news even if he only campaigned in FL.

Maher can go effe himself as far as I'm concerned.

wfd40
02-04-2008, 08:45 PM
I can't believe he has the balls to say that.

For one, he's not even mentioning Ron Paul!!

And two, Rudy was ALWAYS in the news even if he only campaigned in FL.

Maher can go effe himself as far as I'm concerned.

I really like Bill... so this interview is, of course, a major punch to the gut

=/