PDA

View Full Version : Next week this time, there will be three. And Ron Paul will be one of them

IHaveaDream
02-04-2008, 07:34 PM
Quiet. Methodical. Inconspicuous.

Shhh!

kyleAF
02-04-2008, 07:36 PM
I have the same dream ;)

CJLauderdale4
02-04-2008, 07:39 PM
No, there will be two, because I feel that Romney will no longer fund his own bid if he cannot get the number of delegates McCain is poised to get.

However, if McCain doesn't get enough to supposedly lock in the nomination, and it's between him and Dr. Paul, who will the conservative McCain-hating talking heads side with: Juan McTax-and-Spend or Ron Paul??

It would be hilarious to hear Limbaugh and Hannity turn to Ron Paul!!

Prayer...deep prayer...

UK4Paul
02-04-2008, 07:54 PM
Just asking, but why would any of them drop out after Super Tuesday?

As long as they have some delegates, why wouldn't they just stay in the game if it's likely to be a brokered convention?

A case could be made for Mitt Romney to drop out on financial grounds, but the media are giving him enough attention at the moment, so he probably doesn't need to spend very much any more.

As for Huckabee, I think he's more likely to drop out next - but I still think it's unlikely, because he hasn't got a fat lot to lose by just sticking it out and accepting the occasional bones the media will throw his way.

I would seriously love to be wrong on this, though :)

IHaveaDream
02-04-2008, 08:02 PM
It's called "selling out". The expected nominee will soon begin cutting deals to get his competitors to step aside. The GOP will also put pressure on them to fade out.

Ron Paul won't be quite so easy. As long as we stand firm, he will too. That's what he said, and I think he means it.

Thanehand
02-04-2008, 08:13 PM
Only If We Keep Donating!

Acidlump
02-04-2008, 08:15 PM
Huckabee is running national ads and wants to be VP so he won't likely drop out

UK4Paul
02-04-2008, 08:18 PM
Thaneland

I just wanted to comment on your great site at ronpaultimeline.com

Very nice! :)

Austin
02-04-2008, 08:19 PM
Unless McCain sweeps, everyone will be staying in.

Crickett
02-04-2008, 08:19 PM
Only If We Keep Donating!

Exactly.

I think Huck will leave before RP does because he will HAVE to find a way to keep the extra campaign funds he is getting, for himself (I know this is illegal, but he has a history of doing this in AR and he will continue to do it, no doubt). He misappropriated funds so many times it is amazing he ever got on the Pres. ticket, with all the stuff being public record. He will want to leave before his coffers are bare.
Well before.

mrchubbs
02-04-2008, 08:27 PM
Huck will stay in as long as Romney is there. Huck is there to take votes away from Romney right now to help McCain his eventual running mate.

Until McCain becomes the more entrenched nominee Huck will stay in.

I think.