PDA

View Full Version : My best canvassing script

CTAC
02-04-2008, 07:29 PM
Tomorrow is Super Tuesday and I can relax a bit now. I spend some time canvassing here, in California. I registered as a leader in 3 precincts here, and spend quite some time going D2D. Here's my best canvassing script. People were listening to that with great interest, and they were promising to go out and vote for Ron Paul.

"Hello, my name is CTAC, I'm your neighbor from *a place nearby*. I volunteered to campaign for Ron Paul, presidential candidate. May I have just a few moments of your time, please?"

"No, I'm busy" - "Maybe you will find some time to watch this DVD and read these flyers, thank you"

"Yes/Um..." -

"The reason I volunteered is that I'm very concerned about our economy. All indices show that the situation is very severe. Here's home price index, showing average home prices for the last century. You can see prices going down
after Great Depression and during WWII. See these small bumps for house crises in 70s and 80s? Look where we
are right now.

http://www.canadian-housing-price-charts.235.ca/images/ShillersHousing.jpg

Same story with our stock market. You can see major crises of 1929, 1934 and 1974 here. And we are still much
higher of these points right now. Our stocks are overpriced four times, apparently. Fed lowers rates, but it does not help anymore.

http://www.arborresearch.com/biancoresearch/Quick/Quick-513.gif

And here is the most frightening picture. Total US debt to income ratio. We owe five times more than our income. If we apply 6-7% of interest to that debt it will mean that 1/3 of our income goes away as interest to
our creditors.

http://www.financialsense.com/editorials/hodges/2007/images/debt-total-ratio-trend.gif

The root cause for all that is our monetary system. You know that unlike any other country, we have private
bankers printing money for the goverment and lending us with interest. Here's what's happening: I give you
10 dollars, and you have to return me 11. But I only printed 10. To return me that 1 dollar you are forced
to borrow again. Interest goes on interest, on interest and so on. That's how american wealth is being
sucked out by Fed bankers. You can see here a graph showing total abount of money printed. You can see that
it is an exponental curve that causes all those bubbles I showed before.

http://www.itulip.com/images/M3vsexponentialcurve.jpg

Ron Paul is the only candidate who suggests that we have to fix our monetary system. Other candidates only talking about Iraq, how they support Bush. I do not care about Bush. If our economy explode we are out of Iraq because we won't have money to pay the bill."

Q: "How do we fix our economy?"
A: "We need to get rid of Fed and write off all debts created illegaly. Only Congress has power to print money."

Q: "If we stop Fed our economy will explode immedatelly"
A: "That's true. But that's not going to happen very first day Ron Paul at Office. He proposes putting tight control over Fed, and creating currency backed up with something, like gold, as a first step"

Q: "But he cannot win. Would it make more sense to vote for a candidate who has more chances, and
at least somewhat closer to my views?"
A: "That's true. Here in California Ron Paul does not have good chances to win. But by voting for Ron Paul you are sending a message to those frontrunners that in major election they have to accept
some of Ron Paul ideas in order to get your vote. You could see that a few months ago everyone was saying Iraq/911/Iraq/911, and only Ron Paul was saying 'economy'. Ron Paul raised as much money as all republican candidates combined in Q4, I donated to his campaign myself. Other candidates saw that and you can see them discussing economy now".

Share your experience. We have more states coming after Super Tuesday!

Devil_rules_in_extremes
02-04-2008, 07:32 PM
Nice... Very well thought out.

Soccrmastr
02-04-2008, 07:33 PM
Q: "If we stop Fed our economy will explode immedatelly"
A: "That's true. But that's not going to happen very first day Ron Paul at Office. He proposes putting tight control over Fed, and creating currency backed up with something, like gold, as a first step"

Might want to say that first step would be just to initially legalize competing currencies, like currencies backed by gold, and let them compete with the dollar.

voytechs
02-04-2008, 07:52 PM
Very cool.

Crickett
02-04-2008, 08:38 PM
The debt ain't getting "written off". That is not our plan. Ron will get rid of federal regulation. Employers now pay 7.5% of each employees wages for SS. They pay a lot for workman's comp for each employee. They pay for unemployment insurance. They pay to follow federal regulations on their industry and have to put up certain signs that change every year. He would remove many federal depts. (The feds are involved in what our kids learn. Gov't mandated schools like in Hitler's time. Kids can only learn what federal benchmarks demand). IRS, etc. We will have to find a way to pay that debt somehow. The outgo has to be stemmed first and immediately.