PDA

View Full Version : Romney Campaign saying Paul has dropped out in phone calls

Austin
02-04-2008, 07:16 PM
I just got an email from ElectionForum.org, a pro-Huckabee Christian organization. One of the points Craig Huey made during the email:

3. Don't Be Fooled by Election Tricks — Romney and Others
Be careful of misleading election tricks! There are several false commercials and tactics being used in this election.

For example, the Romney campaign has been calling Republican voters saying there are now only two candidates running—Romney and McCain.

False. So are Huckabee and Paul.

Many voters are confused by who has dropped out. I've received many emails asking who is on the ballot and who dropped out.

Good political tactics maybe, but unethical.

Fuel for the fire, fellow Patriots.

virginiakid
02-04-2008, 07:18 PM
I really do hate these other campaigns and their dirty tactics. This is why so many people don't vote any more and why so many refuse to take part.

frasu
yeah... one would think that is illegal... but don't matter

freedom-maniac
SUE HIM FOR LIBEL!

z.

Devil_rules_in_extremes
02-04-2008, 07:19 PM
I saw somewhere Mitt saying himself at a public appearance that there is only two candidates running for Republican nomination.

RSLudlum
02-04-2008, 07:20 PM
Next time you get a campaign call, record it, and if it's like this send a copy to your local media.

A. Havnes
02-04-2008, 07:20 PM
I saw somewhere Mitt saying himself at a public appearance that there is only two candidates running for Republican nomination.

No one corrected him?

WilliamC
02-04-2008, 07:23 PM

He was actually really saying that he is the only candidate running.

It just looked like there were two candidates because he takes both sides of every issue :)

Airborn
02-04-2008, 07:24 PM
The user "ColoradoMom" from huck's army got one of those phone calls saying paul and huckabee were out and she pressed it to the media, here a video they reported on it. Nice of her to also mention Ron Paul is in it too.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jk6IJS3QN34

Here is the thread at hucks army: http://www.forum.hucksarmy.com/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=8653

Devil_rules_in_extremes
02-04-2008, 07:30 PM
No one corrected him?

No. He was at his own rally, saying something like; "This race is between me and John McCain."

I wish I knew where I saw that.

FreeTraveler
02-04-2008, 07:31 PM
Isn't subversion of the political process tantamount to treason? Amazing that one of the few crimes addressed in the Constitution could never be prosecuted in the corrupt court system.

literatim
02-04-2008, 07:31 PM
I see Romney likes burning bridges. What Ron Paul or Huckabee delegates would ever support that jackass if it came down to it?

Soccrmastr
02-04-2008, 07:32 PM
Those bastards!! Door to door canvassing is sure to help make sure people know Paul is still in and CAN win!

Myerz
02-04-2008, 07:34 PM
So....is there any legal action possible on this?

Lord Xar
02-04-2008, 07:35 PM
People you can create YOUR OWN MESSAGES and call all the repubicans too!!!

This is simple. Most Calling companies have voter lists and charge pennies per call. Ante up some money and do this yourself. YOu can record a quick phone ad.... for instance.

"Fellow Republican, Mitt Romney has been sending out automated calls with misleading and slanderous information. Dr. Ron Paul and Huckabee are still in the presidential race. Mitt is desperate for votes fighting against the Pro-Amnesty McCain. Do NOT be fooled. You have choices this election. Vote Huckabee or Vote Dr. Ron Paul"

Time for Change
The funny part...americans ACCEPT this behavior.
They elect the low life lying scum suckers anyway.
How hard can it be to recognize that if they are willing to lie to get the nomination they will surely stoop to any level to screw you over too.

If you cant win honestly, you have NO business running.

Ara825
Here is what bmk2307 from over at hucks army posted

i really liked how you mentioned RP as well. i think when talking about it in the media not only mention mike but also ron bc ron's supporters will definently take notice, and when it comes down to it will switch over to help out mike!!

Sure we will :rolleyes:

Crickett
02-04-2008, 07:54 PM
I would like to switch all over Huck's butt tho..
They think it is so bad, NOW, but laughed at us when the media (still) never covered RP, before.
I got a Hillary call today, but hung up before I got to listen..

Austin
02-04-2008, 08:16 PM
People you can create YOUR OWN MESSAGES and call all the repubicans too!!!

This is simple. Most Calling companies have voter lists and charge pennies per call. Ante up some money and do this yourself. YOu can record a quick phone ad.... for instance.

"Fellow Republican, Mitt Romney has been sending out automated calls with misleading and slanderous information. Dr. Ron Paul and Huckabee are still in the presidential race. Mitt is desperate for votes fighting against the Pro-Amnesty McCain. Do NOT be fooled. You have choices this election. Vote Huckabee or Vote Dr. Ron Paul"

How would one go about finding a calling company?

rockandrollsouls
02-04-2008, 08:21 PM
legal action please.

Lord Xar
02-04-2008, 08:25 PM
How would one go about finding a calling company?

A company I have worked with can do it.

or just search:
http://search.yahoo.com/search?p=automated+call+service&fr=yfp-t-501&toggle=1&cop=mss&ei=UTF-8

http://www.gotvcalls.com/
http://www.conquestgroup.com/Services/AutomatedCalls.htm