PDA

View Full Version : Which delegates

jdmetz
02-04-2008, 07:08 PM
My sister wants to vote for Ron Paul, but on the sample ballot, there are two sections for delegates, one for delegates at large (vote for 12) and one for delegates from her congressional district (vote for 3). But, there are 21 committed to Ron Paul in the first section and 6 in the second. This sounds like a big problem, as the vote will be split. Anyway, should she just vote for the first 12 and first 3?

Here's the sample ballot: http://elect.hamiltontn.gov/polls_ballots/ballots/5-1-REP-FB.pdf

Eponym_mi
02-04-2008, 07:18 PM
Bump because I'm interested

jdmetz
02-04-2008, 07:24 PM
Ok - after reading other threads in the Tennessee forum, I've come to realize it isn't important. The delegate part is electing who gets to go to the national convention IF Ron Paul gets delegates (which is based entirely on the vote in the first part of the ballot). So, you only need to vote for them if you know who they are and care which ones go to the convention.

damoncrowe
02-04-2008, 11:48 PM
Ok - after reading other threads in the Tennessee forum, I've come to realize it isn't important. The delegate part is electing who gets to go to the national convention IF Ron Paul gets delegates (which is based entirely on the vote in the first part of the ballot). So, you only need to vote for them if you know who they are and care which ones go to the convention.

Vote for them whether you know them or not. Vote for any twelve and vote for any three. Just make sure that they are committed to Ron Paul! CHeryl Scott (state coordinator) sent out emails explaining this recently and put emphasis on voting for all of the Ron Paul delegates that we could.

THE RED DRAGON
02-05-2008, 08:35 AM
I just got back from voting. I just went thouugh and picked the first 12 on the list and then the 3. Felt good to push the confirm button!

ord33
02-05-2008, 02:17 PM
Same here, I was very happy to push the "Confirm" button. I for some reason was extra cautious and went to the review vote part prior to confirming just to make sure I didn't make an error. I know one other person there that voted for Ron Paul...there were I'd say 15-20 people in line at lunch time and there were 3 people under the age of 60. Me, a fellow Ron Paul supporter, and another guy my age who I know and voted for Hillary. The retiree age folks were out in full force today at my location.