PDA

View Full Version : Wow!

CoreyBowen999
02-04-2008, 06:00 PM
Today was.. interesting.
We were in geography class in school today doing maps on the Middle East. More than half the class didn't know where Iraq was on the map. That wasen't it either. Later in the class, a person next to me asked "how do you spell Iraq"?. Yes, there was worse too. The same person asked right before the class ended:"Wow! Iran is huge! why didn't we invade them instead?". I am not kidding! Can you believe my class? I just wanted to SCREAM!!!:mad:

Joe3113
02-04-2008, 06:02 PM
http://deliberatedumbingdown.com/

JeNNiF00F00
02-04-2008, 06:03 PM
retards.

Jeremy
02-04-2008, 06:05 PM
Believe it or not, there are kids in HIGH SCHOOL that think the Democratic Party means democracy and the Republican party does not... lol

Mystile
02-04-2008, 06:05 PM
Today was.. interesting.
We were in geography class in school today doing maps on the Middle East. More than half the class didn't know where Iraq was on the map. That wasen't it either. Later in the class, a person next to me asked "how do you spell Iraq"?. Yes, there was worse too. The same person asked right before the class ended:"Wow! Iran is huge! why didn't we invade them instead?". I am not kidding! Can you believe my class? I just wanted to SCREAM!!!:mad:

WTF...We really are a warlike people......or just incredibly arrogant and ignorant.

rollingpig
02-04-2008, 06:06 PM
LOL, are you in high school?

dblee
02-04-2008, 06:07 PM
It's okay. If they're still like that by the time they're voting, then I'll be worried.

Neomatrix
02-04-2008, 06:08 PM
retards.

Name calling is sooooooooooooo yesterday. It does not help in anyway in helping spread our message.
:)

CoreyBowen999
02-04-2008, 06:09 PM
Yes, they are 15 year olds. They can almost drive :o
On the bright side, I saw my VERY FIRST up close RON PAUL sign!

CJLauderdale4
02-04-2008, 06:09 PM
And to think, after the USSR fell when I was in high school, we would badger our liberal Bostonian History teacher with statements like, "We're the only superpower left. Why don't we just invade them all and shut them up!!"

Of course we were being facetious!!!

It appears this mindset is now REALITY in today's schools!!

wow!!

DisabledVet
02-04-2008, 06:11 PM
Today was.. interesting.

Corey you are a sharp kid for not only knowing your geography, but being able to recognize the failing of the school system. You my friend are in independent thinker.. DO NOT repeat DO NOT let ANYONE even try to make you think you are doing something wrong by thinking independently.

Yes it will be frustrating to see as you go threw the public school system this stupidity will continue. But THAT you recognize it, you can use it to your advantage as well as it seems that you already know how important it is to believe in yourself and don't take what people say as the binding facts.

Good job my fellow patriot!

ojokolo
02-04-2008, 06:11 PM
I believe it.
My class is the same way. My mom is from Colombia and so I speak Spanish and for years I've been hearing things like "Colombian is the same thing as Mexican right? I mean, they speak Mexican so it must be Mexico."
:rolleyes:

rob-NC
02-04-2008, 06:13 PM
Well lets seee.....why did Ms. South Carolina say people couldnt find locations on a map?

nate895
02-04-2008, 06:14 PM
Today was.. interesting.

Hey, I joke about invading countries sometimes. I get this in my Social Studies class, the kids in there are so stupid. He gives out weekly map tests, I have never studied, and only got one wrong (that was because I accidentally wrote Venezuela twice, when the second time it was Argentina).

mysticgeek
02-04-2008, 06:18 PM
This just proves the failure of government run education! Get the government out of our education! Get the government out of everything! The biggest government failure is education!! So what does Bush and the neo-con establishment do? "no child left behing" yeah great idea ....

BigRedBrent
02-04-2008, 06:25 PM
Believe it or not, there are kids in HIGH SCHOOL that think the Democratic Party means democracy and the Republican party does not... lol

No worse then people thinking we are a democracy instead of understanding that we are a republic. Democracy can NOT be sustained. That is why this nation was based upon a republic of states.

For a simple explanation of this watch "Overview of America".
http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=6732659166933078950

This should be required viewing for every single American.

Sweman
02-04-2008, 06:26 PM

Republacy :)

kyleAF
02-04-2008, 06:27 PM
http://deliberatedumbingdown.com/

Yep. The easiest way to subdue the populace is to prevent them from thinking critically about your policies.

I'm glad I survived the system... though I often wonder if they didn't manage to stifle a bit of my own potential in those 12 boring-as-hell years.

cmc
02-04-2008, 06:28 PM
Wow is right.

Be very careful picking a University. There are still some very good ones in this country.

Arklatex
02-04-2008, 06:33 PM
Corey you are a sharp kid for not only knowing your geography, but being able to recognize the failing of the school system. You my friend are in independent thinker.. DO NOT repeat DO NOT let ANYONE even try to make you think you are doing something wrong by thinking independently.

Yes it will be frustrating to see as you go threw the public school system this stupidity will continue. But THAT you recognize it, you can use it to your advantage as well as it seems that you already know how important it is to believe in yourself and don't take what people say as the binding facts.

Good job my fellow patriot!

here here' fellow patriots

http://www.deardrkristi.com/wp-content/themes/drkristi/images/einstein.jpg

Great spirits have always encountered violent opposition from mediocre minds. - Albert Einstein

Fields
02-04-2008, 06:36 PM
Wow is right.

Be very careful picking a University. There are still some very good ones in this country.

Want to drop some names? I'm just curious.

Paul.Bearer.of.Injustice
02-04-2008, 06:38 PM
The schools are supposed to teach kids truth, but the parents are supposed to teach ethics and overrule the schools if need be.
The parents are just as much failures as the government, and if they don't want to be active in their children's lives, it doesn't matter what the gov't does or does not.

You are lucky, Corey, to be awakened at such a young age - remain a beacon for zombies and speak up in class if you are able.. you may be ridiculed at first, but a few years from now many of those same classmates will thank you for helping them awaken themselves

hawks4ronpaul
02-04-2008, 07:07 PM
And to think, after the USSR fell when I was in high school, we would badger our liberal Bostonian History teacher with statements like, "We're the only superpower left. Why don't we just invade them all and shut them up!!"

Were your classmates older-looking and named Kristol, Perle, and Wolfowitz?

http://hawks4ronpaul.blogspot.com/