PDA

View Full Version : Mitt Romney heading to West Virginia on February 5th.... trying to derail Paul?

dw1345
02-04-2008, 05:34 PM
How come every caucus state that Ron Paul has a chance to win (ie NEVADA, Maine, etc.) Mitt Romney makes it his duty to basically pay people to go out and caucus for him, preventing Ron Paul from winning a state. Tomorrow, on Super Tuesday, West Virginia is a state that Ron could do fairly well in and is scheduled to be at. How come out of twenty some other states, Romney has to stop there to edge out Paul. Does anyone think that Mitt Romney is trying to stop Ron Paul from winning a state?

nate895
02-04-2008, 05:39 PM
Mitt is a dick, we had Nevada wrapped up, he comes in with a 100 campaign commercials and Mormons by the bus load. We're gonna win Maine, his son campaigns for a week. We're gonna win the caucus states, suddenly Mitt has a buyout of caucus state media. I think there's a Romney spy in the campaign HQ.

dw1345
02-04-2008, 05:52 PM
Mitt is a dick, we had Nevada wrapped up, he comes in with a 100 campaign commercials and Mormons by the bus load. We're gonna win Maine, his son campaigns for a week. We're gonna win the caucus states, suddenly Mitt has a buyout of caucus state media. I think there's a Romney spy in the campaign HQ.

EXACTLY! I really hate him, why can't he just focus on wiping out McCain and let us win a few states!

acroso
02-04-2008, 06:59 PM
I don't mind...I'm supporting Paul....but just barely. My hate for McCain and his amnesty is fairly intense.

enrique
02-04-2008, 07:51 PM
Well, Romney knows that McCain has little chance winning caucuses because he doesn't have money to get supporters to show up for him. I think Romney counted on these being easy victories until all those rascally Ron Paul activists began competing.

We have activists, he has money. The more straw polls he wins, and delegates we win the longer he fights McCain thinking he won where he didn't but keeping McCain occupied.

http://redstateeclectic.typepad.com/redstate_commentary/2008/02/ron-paul-campai.html

ord33
02-04-2008, 10:39 PM
Please someone tell me this doesnt hurt our chances in WV at the convention.

http://www.mittromney.com/News/Events/Governor_Mitt_Romney_Campaigns_in_West_Virginia

I am assuming Romney only decided to come after it was known what Dr. Paul was doing???

This sickens me. I was so hopeful for WV and thinking Dr. Paul was going to be the only one there:(

WV Freedom Fighter
02-05-2008, 12:37 AM
On a conference call last night, they said Romney and Hucklebee both are going to be there. I was hoping Ron was going to be the only one there too. Hopefully when they hear the "truth" they will be won over by Ron Paul. He will be speaking first today.

The Machine
02-05-2008, 12:57 AM
Was in Charleston Mon. night and could spot every Romney supporter...they are all suit and tie people just like him. I think every Mormon in the state of WV was ordered to turn out for him!

A McCain delegate told us, "I wish we had all the entusiastic and dedicated Ron Paul people in our campaign, we'd win the nomination hands down". Then he remarked that after the first round of voting, Dr. Paul and Huckabee will be out, so Ron's supporters will have to choose either Romney or McCain. I told him there was a third choice, we stop voting and walk out! If Ron doesn't get the majority of votes and has no chance of winning, I'll bet you that is what most--if not all--of the Ron Paul delegates will do.

Sarge
02-05-2008, 04:23 AM
McCain is very likely to win AZ, so I would rather see Mitt get it if there was no other choice.

Just keep this thing wide open to convention. At least that would make them split two states.

If Huck and us are out after the first round, see if they will join forces with us to keep McCain out.

Good luck for Dr. Paul today.

zach
02-05-2008, 10:09 AM
I don't think Romney will be too accepted here.

Another thread is saying that RP supporters turned around his statements and made him look like an idiot for trying to bash Paul.

I'm proud of my state for that one. :D

Badger Paul
02-05-2008, 01:35 PM
What spy? All he has to do is read these message board to know what we're doing and what we're planning.