PDA

View Full Version : Who should I vote for at WV Convention if RP eliminated?

Hurricane Bruiser
02-04-2008, 04:58 PM
At the WV state GOP Convention tomorrow, there will be rounds of voting. If Ron Paul is eliminated in any of those rounds, who do you think I should support in other rounds of voting and why?

EDIT: The last results of this poll was McCain 0, Romney 14, and Huckabee 33. This influenced me to support backing Huckabee in the 2nd round instead of Romney for WV for those of you critical of what we in WV did. (picked up 3 delegates)

Joe3113
02-04-2008, 04:59 PM
Nobody imo

hayeksrevenge
02-04-2008, 05:00 PM
No one else compares. If you do vote for someone else, vote for anyone but McCain. McCain is a lying sack of shit.

Dan.
Nobody imo

+1

dvictr
bring water ballons in a backpack and shoot them all!

-

rocketless
Vote RP regardless of his status in the GOP race.

LibertyEagle
None of the above?

Tough one there, Bruiser. Good luck.

QWE
02-04-2008, 05:01 PM
I don't think people are understanding how the WV primary works...

constitutional
Don't vote for anyone else... at least you won't be responsible for picking someone who you will hate for the next 4 or 8 years.

Redcard
He will not be eliminated. If you like your freedom and you hope for prosperity for your children, then I suggest you vote for Ron Paul and stop waffling.

You don't get it.

In WV, they eliminate people from the "can get delegates" pool with seperate rounds of voting. After each round, one or two or more people are eliminated.

The poster is asking who he should vote for AFTER / IF Ron Paul gets eliminated. He's not saying he would vote for anyone else initially.. just after our man is out..

Kotin
I don't think people are understanding how the WV primary works...

QFT.

Hurricane Bruiser
02-04-2008, 05:02 PM
This is at the CONVENTION. If one person is eliminated, there are other rounds of voting until someone has a majority.

allyinoh
02-04-2008, 05:03 PM
Huckabee if Ron Paul is eliminated, only because he doesn't have a chance of winning.

Redcard
02-04-2008, 05:04 PM
If after two rounds of voting, there is still not a majority, the top two from the second round go to the final round.

So his choice likely will be Mitt or McCain if it gets there.

me3
02-04-2008, 05:05 PM
Contact one of the WV leaders here to find out if there is a strategy in place for this.

Hurricane Bruiser
02-04-2008, 05:06 PM
No one else compares. If you do vote for someone else, vote for anyone but McCain. McCain is a lying sack of shit.

Agreed.

My big debate is if it were to come down to Huck and Mitt. Sometimes I think the Huck is a bit better, other times I think Romney is a bit better.

If I voted for Huck and he won WV, it would keep the race a bit more open. At the same time I REALLY don't want McCain to win.

MJfromCT
02-04-2008, 05:07 PM
I voted Huckabee, but hopefully you don't have to make this decision of the lesser of three evils. Obviously McCain is a NO!

Delaware
02-04-2008, 05:10 PM
Vote for Huck. As much as i don't care for him, I don't trust Romney (besides him being an asshole) and John McCain the psychotic warhawk.

Paulitical Correctness
02-04-2008, 05:11 PM
I can't make myself vote in this poll.

damoncrowe
Refuse to vote for anyone else. Let them know how principled we are. When you vote, you are giving your consent for a man to be your leader, your commander in chief, your President. Can you give your consent to anyone except for Ron Paul?

Royksopp
Please not Huckabee. I know he stood up for the lack of speaking time in the debate which was good of him, but can we stop getting carried away with this.

Patrick Henry
02-04-2008, 05:15 PM
At the WV state GOP Convention tomorrow, there will be rounds of voting. If Ron Paul is eliminated in any of those rounds, who do you think I should support in other rounds of voting and why?

Side bar:

http://www.ronpaul2008.com/press-releases/227/media-advisory-update-ron-paul-to-speak-at-west-virginia-gop-convention-on-super-tuesday

BreakYourChains
02-04-2008, 05:17 PM
I will not vote in this poll. There is only one man to vote for. No other options available for me.

Royksopp
02-04-2008, 05:17 PM
Side bar:

http://www.ronpaul2008.com/press-releases/227/media-advisory-update-ron-paul-to-speak-at-west-virginia-gop-convention-on-super-tuesday

What are we to make of this? Is he ending his bid?

Hurricane Bruiser
02-04-2008, 05:18 PM
Maybe I will just abstain in the event Paul is eliminated. But we have 95 delegates at the convention (out of 1200+-) and so we could push things one way or the other.

Just trying to plan ahead.

Hopefully we can eliminated McCain and Huck and have it just Romney vs. Paul.

Patrick Henry
02-04-2008, 05:19 PM

NO. Just trying to garner all the support possible with the hopes of winning the WV vote.

Hurricane Bruiser
02-04-2008, 05:21 PM

no no no. Paul is giving a speech first thing tomorrow morning at the convention in the hopes of swaying the majority of uncommitted delegates. Romney I believe is also going to be there.

We will be the first state tomorrow reporting results.

nate895
02-04-2008, 05:25 PM
no no no. Paul is giving a speech first thing tomorrow morning at the convention in the hopes of swaying the majority of uncommitted delegates. Romney I believe is also going to be there.

We will be the first state tomorrow reporting results.

I think Paul is the only one, but I think we might be able to pick up the mass amounts of Thompson delegates, if the trend from the Fred heads I've talked to continues.

constitutional
02-04-2008, 05:27 PM
Go for Huckabee just to make this race "no clear front runner." ;)

gang
02-04-2008, 05:32 PM
I don't know the procedure and rules.
But if Paul really is eliminated, try to vote for a guy called "Ronald Reagan". :cool:

Hurricane Bruiser
02-04-2008, 05:35 PM
Maybe if Ron Paul was using the name Ronald Paul, everyone would get confused and vote for the "Ronald" that is so adored.

Bubba
02-04-2008, 05:36 PM
I would wWrite in " Ron Paul " or leave the whole thing blank

mavtek
02-04-2008, 05:43 PM
Looks like we got some Hucksters here. I said Mitt cause we need it to be close if we can't win em all on Super Tuesday.

mountaineer
02-04-2008, 05:44 PM
I will be there tomorrow! My friend and I will be the only 2 people in that entire building with dreads...should be interesting.

blakjak
02-04-2008, 05:46 PM
edit: deleted, wrong thread

Agora
nobody imo +1

+1

BigRedBrent
IF you must know, if it was me I would personally just walk out. I would not vote for the others unless I was forced to do so.

Hurricane Bruiser
02-05-2008, 06:54 PM
bump for those critical of what we did in WV. It was a tough call.

corsairtro
02-05-2008, 06:58 PM
disagree with them all but vote for he who would give the best chance of continuing the road to a brokered convention... i guess thats huckabee right now?

Nash
02-05-2008, 07:02 PM
bump for those critical of what we did in WV. It was a tough call.

If you guys managed to get 3 delegates by backing Huckabee you're absolutely genius.

These people suggesting you should have just walked out are total morons.

Ron Paul is not going to win the nomination. Sorry. That is the reality now. Our current mission to get as many delegates as possible and influence the convention as best as we can. Change the platform of the party. Influence the other candidates. Maybe even toss out all the candidates and get a new one that Paul can endorse (Mark Sanford for example).

We're running in the GOP primary to play the game and gain influence. If we just wanted to "walk out" we wouldn't have bothered re-registering and we would have voted Libertarian again.

Play the game or we get nothing for our effort. I don't like losing either, but let's make the best of a bad situation.

mosquitobite
02-05-2008, 07:07 PM
If you guys managed to get 3 delegates by backing Huckabee you're absolutely genius.

These people suggesting you should have just walked out are total morons.

Ron Paul is not going to win the nomination. Sorry. That is the reality now. Our current mission to get as many delegates as possible and influence the convention as best as we can. Change the platform of the party. Influence the other candidates. Maybe even toss out all the candidates and get a new one that Paul can endorse (Mark Sanford for example).

We're running in the GOP primary to play the game and gain influence. If we just wanted to "walk out" we wouldn't have bothered re-registering and we would have voted Libertarian again.

Play the game or we get nothing for our effort. I don't like losing either, but let's make the best of a bad situation.

*thumbs up*

too many damn crybabies LOL!