PDA

View Full Version : Best rebuttel to "he can't win"

dirka
02-04-2008, 04:08 PM
Think about this...70% of the people voting in the primaries vote for a loser, and 49% of the people vote for a loser in the general election.

so why do 75 million people vote for a loser?

The facts are, its harder to vote for a winner than a loser, so just vote however you want and let the cards fall as they may.

Joe3113
02-04-2008, 04:09 PM
yep..

btw it's Rebuttal :D

EotS
02-04-2008, 04:12 PM
That's kind of related to this perspective I read the other day:

The point of voting isn’t to predict the winner. It’s to choose the winner. The case for Ron Paul.

Loss of control

The point of voting in the elections isn’t to predict the winner. If it were, it would be called gambling, not voting. People vote to *choose* the winner, not to give away the little influence they have to yellow journalism.

People sometimes vote for whom they perceive will be the winner, because they feel like they have more control over the outcome. But that’s just an illusion, because you rejected your first choice. In reality you lost AND you didn’t even try. In reality, you forwent the little control you had, just to make yourself feel good.

That’s cowardly.

Consequences of pursuing the illusionBetting Chips

When you vote based on popular perceptions, you are handing your vote over to the media, as they control perceptions. You are perpetuating their illusion.

Exceptions

There are strategic times to vote for a second or third choice; which is why it would be good to have multiple choices and run-off voting range voting (thank you to commenter Bruce for this reference). However, if your first choice is Ron Paul, when all democratic and neoconservative candidates look the same, it is illogical not to vote for your first choice.

A Solution

If you need to predict the winner in order to feel good and impress your friends, create a time capsule and jot down your prediction; or spend your money on exotic gambling. If you predicted the winner, congratulations, you have a license to impress. If your favorite candidate won, you should instead be ecstatic.

http://thespinfactor.com/thetruth/category/psychology/

ShowMeLiberty
02-04-2008, 04:12 PM
Another good answer I thought of for people who say "I like RP but I'm voting for so-and-so because RP can't win"...

What do you get for doing that? Even if you vote for the person who eventually gets the nomination - if it is someone you don't like, what do you get out of it?

raystone
02-04-2008, 04:14 PM
He's not unelectable if everyone votes for him - Penn Jillette

hawks4ronpaul
02-04-2008, 04:14 PM
http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=111404

BigRedBrent
02-04-2008, 04:46 PM
So you want to support a winner?

Some of you may be concerned about the chances the republicans have against the democrats in the coming elections, and rightfully so. I personally am disgusted with the lesser of two evils arguments. But for the first time in a long time we no longer need to make that choice. In fact this time if the republicans want to win we must not make that choice.

Lets "really" talk about chances for a moment.

A lot of people say they don't want to waste a vote on a loser. Well, did they really think about that when they said it? Did they even consider the chances a pro war candidate has against the proclaimed anti war democrats?

If anyone but Ron Paul wins the republican nomination then this entire country would galvanize against the republicans just to make sure that they do not win. Think about it, what chance do they even remotely have against that other then using mass vote fraud?

Supporters of the other republican presidential candidates are doomed to lose, and have no choice but to support Ron Paul if they don't want a democrat as a president. This is a simple fact. The other republican candidates can not beat the democrats. No way it could be done.

Please, why don't people at the very least understand this? If Ron Paul does not get the republican nomination we WILL have a democrat as our next president! Plain and simple. Ron Paul is the ONLY candidate that has the slightest chance of beating the democrats.

I am sure the major media corporations know that John McCain hasn't a chance against the democrats. But yet he still gets free press when he can't even fund his own campaign. If we do not do something about this we will have a democrat for a president forced upon us weather we like it or not.

I myself, will not be voting for a loser. That is why I will be voting for Ron Paul, so that my vote will NOT be wasted.

This is however not the only reason why I think Ron Paul is the best choice. In fact the more important reason should be for monetary reasons that many are not even aware of. If people only knew the truth about our monetary system, it would completely dwarf every other issue brought up in the political arena. This is the major reason why Ron Paul has so many very dedicated supporters. Once you understand what is going on, you have a hard time understanding why you would vote for anyone else if they will not do something about it. I could go into why it is so very vital to our future to do something about this all night and day, but many would not pay attention for that, and frankly many people will just not understand the threat we are facing or just don't want to believe it.

If I ever have enough time to debate someone about presidential candidates, I always like to boil the debate down to economic policy. Once people understand what is going on with it and that we only have one candidate that will do anything about it, they then realise that we have been given only one choice for our next president.
This does however require that they understand what is really going on once it is explained to them. Some people are stubborn and will refuse to understand what is going on, and that something can really be done about it.

Basically, the failing dolor and our unstable economy is the biggest threat facing this nation. Our monetary policy is currently being controlled by a privately owned bank that has never once been audited.

Ron Paul knows more about economics then all the other candidates combined. I have full confidence that with Ron Paul as our president we would stand a chance to save this great nation from the economic disaster we are heading strait for. Seeing as how no other candidate will even address the issue of our failing dolor and unconstitutional monetary system, it is clear that we are more then lucky to have been given a chance to vote for someone who has such a great understanding of monetary policy, and the knowhow to do something about it. We must not let this rare opportunity to save this great nation pass us by.

nate895
02-04-2008, 04:50 PM
Well, I just say they're voting for a different kind of loser. The worst kind too.

Paulitical Correctness
02-04-2008, 04:52 PM
"Fine, go ahead and vote for a scumbag. At least in the morning when I take a shower, I'll feel clean and sin-free. You, on the other hand, can scrub until you're raw - it's not going to make any difference. You'll still be incapable of scrubbing off the proverbial dirt that is your guilt. Guilt and unbearable regret for not voting Ron Paul. You think the country's in bad shape now? Just wait...you want to be a factor in the equation that ultimately puts Bush's rule to shame? Have at it."

nate895
02-04-2008, 04:53 PM
"Fine, go ahead and vote for a scumbag. At least in the morning when I take a shower, I'll feel clean and sin-free. You, on the other hand, can scrub until you're raw - it's not going to make any difference. You'll still be incapable of scrubbing off the proverbial dirt that is your guilt. Guilt and unbearable regret for not voting Ron Paul. You think the country's in bad shape now? Just wait...you want to be a factor in the equation that ultimately puts Bush's rule to shame? Have at it."

No, that insults them. You can only do that if you know them.

acptulsa
02-04-2008, 05:02 PM
I still like "That's what they said about the Giants. Hope you didn't bet on New England."

Dave
02-04-2008, 05:25 PM
Try this:

"This isn’t a horse race. There’s no prize for you if you vote for the one who ends up with the most votes. Our role here in (state X) is to use our vote to tell the rest of the nation which of these candidates has a message that we believe they should be paying attention to. After our primary/caucus I’m sure there will be attention paid to the front-runners. We have a unique opportunity here to tell the rest of America that Ron Paul’s message of simply following the constitution and limiting federal government is something they should give a listen to. Please join me in voting for Ron Paul."

cien750hp
02-04-2008, 05:28 PM
"voting for someone who you think will win or is the lesser of two evils is how we get in the mess we are in now. youre supposed to make an informed decision about who is best, you don't get anything for voting for the winner"

Laja
02-04-2008, 05:38 PM
Try this:

"This isn’t a horse race. There’s no prize for you if you vote for the one who ends up with the most votes. Our role here in (state X) is to use our vote to tell the rest of the nation which of these candidates has a message that we believe they should be paying attention to. After our primary/caucus I’m sure there will be attention paid to the front-runners. We have a unique opportunity here to tell the rest of America that Ron Paul’s message of simply following the constitution and limiting federal government is something they should give a listen to. Please join me in voting for Ron Paul."

This explanation speaks to me. I appreciate this thread because as the media is portraying Paul as unable to win, more and more people are jumping on the Obama bandwagon. It's amazing what sheep they are. Dave, this is short and concise and convincing. I'll use it often. Thanks!

LDSvoter
02-04-2008, 06:43 PM
You don't pick a fight only if you think you can win. You find a cause, an ideal, worth fighting for and you give it your all. The birth of this nation would not have happened otherwise.

hawks4ronpaul
02-04-2008, 06:49 PM
"That's the attitude of colonists who backed the British during the American revolution."

http://hawks4ronpaul.blogspot.com/

affa
02-04-2008, 07:11 PM
"he already has"

freedom-maniac
02-04-2008, 07:15 PM
http://www.gallerym.com/pixs/photogs/associated/images/dewey_defeats_truman.jpg