PDA

View Full Version : HUMAN EVENTS Interview with Congressman Ron Paul, Texas

PatriotOne
08-07-2007, 06:35 PM
This is a fantastic interview with Human Events. RP makes some very interesting remarks.

http://www.humanevents.com/article.php?id=21840&page=1#c1

Make sure to check out this comment that was posted to the article suposedly by RP's former aide:

Wow! My old boss is even more off his rocker than I could have ever imagined. This interview makes it clear his foreign policy is simply: Wave the White Flag and Retreat. Ron Paul wants to be a Girlie Man Nation: Never stand up to your enemies.

We tried non-interventionism in the 1990s with Clinton. No response to the first World Trade Center bombing. Weak responses or no responses at all to the attacks on our East African Embassies, the Kobar Towers or the USS Cole. It only served to encourage Bin Laden. Bin Laden has been quoted repeatedly as saying he watched our pull-out of Somalia and our other weak responses, and knew that America could not stomach the fight.

Ron Paul believes that the only reason Radical Muslims hate us is because of our foreign policy. Nothing could be further from the truth. They hate us for who we are. They hate our culture. They hate Christianity. They hate our freedom of speech. They hate our wealth. If it was all about our foreign intervention in the Middle East, and our support for Israel, than why are the Radical Muslims rampaging all across Western Europe? Do the Dutch and Danes have troops stationed in Muslim lands? Last time I checked the French weren't such strong supporters of "Zionist" Israel. His argument that it's all about our foreign policy falls flat on its face when one considers the assault of Radical Islam on Western Europe today.

I'm completely embarrassed that I ever worked for the man. And as a constituent who lives in his District, I certainly hope he is defeated by a sane candidate in the GOP primary. He does not represent the views of Southeast Texans.

Eric Dondero, Fmr. Senior Aide
US Congressman Ron Paul, (R-TX)
1997-2003

WannaBfree
08-07-2007, 06:49 PM
Excellent, lengthy interview with the good doctor. Excerpt:

HE: You mentioned twice now this so-called “North American Union.” What do you believe what comprises that, who’s behind it and why do you even think it’s even real, or something that exists?

RP: I think it’s very, very clear. I mean… The government has their own web site. The Security and Prosperity Partnership… came out of NAFTA, there have been agreements signed. Congress is totally ignorant of the whole thing, although there‘s been funds there to study the production of this highway.

HE: You’re talking about the NAFTA Superhighway?

RP: The NAFTA Superhighway. And uh… They’re talking about the “Amero” as a currency. It’s the early stages… It’s exactly what happened in the early stages of the European Union.

HE: You believe there is some move afoot within our government to join us with Canada and Mexico to join us into one country?.

RP: Ultimately. Just like… just like, you know -

HE: Who’s responsible -- who’s behind that?

RP: Those people who are really in charge of our government.

BLS
08-07-2007, 06:52 PM
This is a fantastic interview with Human Events. RP makes some very interesting remarks.

http://www.humanevents.com/article.php?id=21840&page=1#c1

Make sure to check out this comment that was posted to the article suposedly by RP's former aide:

Wow! My old boss is even more off his rocker than I could have ever imagined. This interview makes it clear his foreign policy is simply: Wave the White Flag and Retreat. Ron Paul wants to be a Girlie Man Nation: Never stand up to your enemies.

We tried non-interventionism in the 1990s with Clinton. No response to the first World Trade Center bombing. Weak responses or no responses at all to the attacks on our East African Embassies, the Kobar Towers or the USS Cole. It only served to encourage Bin Laden. Bin Laden has been quoted repeatedly as saying he watched our pull-out of Somalia and our other weak responses, and knew that America could not stomach the fight.

Ron Paul believes that the only reason Radical Muslims hate us is because of our foreign policy. Nothing could be further from the truth. They hate us for who we are. They hate our culture. They hate Christianity. They hate our freedom of speech. They hate our wealth. If it was all about our foreign intervention in the Middle East, and our support for Israel, than why are the Radical Muslims rampaging all across Western Europe? Do the Dutch and Danes have troops stationed in Muslim lands? Last time I checked the French weren't such strong supporters of "Zionist" Israel. His argument that it's all about our foreign policy falls flat on its face when one considers the assault of Radical Islam on Western Europe today.

I'm completely embarrassed that I ever worked for the man. And as a constituent who lives in his District, I certainly hope he is defeated by a sane candidate in the GOP primary. He does not represent the views of Southeast Texans.

Eric Dondero, Fmr. Senior Aide
US Congressman Ron Paul, (R-TX)
1997-2003

Dondero used to work for RP and was fired, I believe.
He is also running against RP for his district. He'll lose gloriously.

PatriotOne
08-07-2007, 06:54 PM
RP: Those people who are really in charge of our government.

That one in particular was rather gutsy. Probably goes over most people's heads, but WE know what he is talking about.

PatriotOne
08-07-2007, 06:56 PM
Dondero used to work for RP and was fired, I believe.
He is also running against RP for his district. He'll lose gloriously.

Personally I think it's a fake. If not, the man has noooooooooooooo business being in a postition of power. He sounds like Rudy...."they" hate us for our freedoms :D .

kylejack
08-07-2007, 07:06 PM
I posted a comment. I fired him. Again.

kylejack
08-07-2007, 07:07 PM
Personally I think it's a fake. If not, the man has noooooooooooooo business being in a postition of power. He sounds like Rudy...."they" hate us for our freedoms :D .

Its likely very real. This is how that guy is now. He's been saying that mainstream libertarians should vote for Rudy.

PatriotOne
08-07-2007, 07:07 PM
I posted a comment. I fired him. Again.

Hahahahahahahahaha

JosephTheLibertarian
08-07-2007, 07:09 PM
Any one that votes for Rudy should be blacklisted and just utterly barred from the Libertarian Party! :D

constituent
08-07-2007, 07:20 PM
started a thread on the Dondero situation...

sorry, just thought it was worthy.

and concerns me... this is my district we're talking about.

-maybe I should run against him?

think the dems will take me... i heard sklar's out.

BLS
08-07-2007, 07:27 PM
Wow...great article and some great posts.

PatriotOne
08-07-2007, 07:30 PM
Any one that votes for Rudy should be blacklisted and just utterly barred from the Libertarian Party! :D

I was thinking more along the lines of "anyone who votes for Rudy should be barred from breathing myself". A little harsh maybe? :p

PatriotOne
08-07-2007, 07:32 PM
Its likely very real. This is how that guy is now. He's been saying that mainstream libertarians should vote for Rudy.

Holy crap. No wonder RP is running for Congressional office again. The thought of that psycho taking over his territory must terrify him :eek: .

thomj76
08-07-2007, 07:58 PM
Here was my comment:

In my opinion, one of the biggest troubles that we as a country face, is the self-aggrandizing collection of our representatives. It seems, especially without term limits, that this will continue. This undermines the true function of Congress.

When those that represent us endeavor primarily to get re-elected and place themselves firmly within the pockets of special interest groups, the likelihood that they will separate from these factions to stand up for the US Constitution dwindles.

For me personally, these reasons are why it so refreshing when a person like Ron Paul comes along. As a native Houstonian, one of the first politicians I ever heard of was Ron Paul. It was very disheartening to realize that he was the exception and not the norm for those that serve their fellow Citizens in our federal republic.

It was the "exchange" that occurred in the 2nd republican presidential debate, and the almost complete breakdown of the communication process that stirred me to action is the support of Ron Paul.

While you may not support Ron Paul in all of his stances, I would assert, that if you are a true American who treasures the Constitution, that you are intrigued by the possibility of reclaiming our heritage. The longest of journeys is a compilation of the steps taken. As we travel towards the next election, there exists an opportunity to reclaim what has nearly been forgotten, the dream that is the United States of America.

Thank you for doing this interview.