PDA

View Full Version : I would rather have McCain be in the lead over Romney after super tuesday

armand61685
02-04-2008, 03:40 PM
A lot of relative conservatives are clinging to romney as their last hope for conservatism. If McCain sweeps it, Ron Paul can ride the wave until november as a REAL conservative and the best alternative to the Hillary and McCain statist machine. It helps us that McCain is a BLATANT psuedo-con and Ron Paul can keep going because of grassroot donation.

Comments?

ToryNotion
02-04-2008, 03:43 PM
I think our best hope is as near as possible an evenly split field and a continued race up to the convention if possible. I don't think you want a two-man race because the media will follow its practice of covering all remaining candidate except Ron Paul which means just Romney or McCain.

Eponym_mi
02-04-2008, 03:44 PM
You must be a McCain infiltrator. We do NOT want McCain to get the nomination. We want all of the candidates to stay in the race to ensure a brokered convention.

me3
02-04-2008, 03:44 PM
No. The GOP could actually gather around Romney. I would rather he be second.

RonPaulVolunteer
02-04-2008, 03:45 PM
I have no inside info, no sources to protect, but I simply firmly believe that Romney has been talking to Ron about the VP spot. Cheney changed the position of the VP forever, and Ron Paul can continue that. Speeches by the VP are not ignored like a lone congressman. He won't be the President, but will be spending copious amounts of time with the President and will be a HUGE influence. So I say, no, we should be promoting Romney over McCain.

bcreps85
02-04-2008, 03:47 PM
Personally, I'd like Flip/Huck to drop after Tuesday. I think that there are enough people who hate McCain that they would rally behind Ron Paul, and enough people who might not like Ron Paul that recognize that McCain can't beat any of the Democrats.

Ethek
02-04-2008, 03:48 PM
I have no inside info, no sources to protect, but I simply firmly believe that Romney has been talking to Ron about the VP spot. Cheney changed the position of the VP forever, and Ron Paul can continue that. Speeches by the VP are not ignored like a lone congressman. He won't be the President, but will be spending copious amounts of time with the President and will be a HUGE influence. So I say, no, we should be promoting Romney over McCain.

Cheney may have changed the office of the VP but almost every single executive power that Bush and co. has sized for the office of the President and VP has been an assult on the constitution. Every single candidate except for RP would shake Bushs hand on the first day, thank him and send him on his way. I doubt Ron would roll like that.

pcosmar
02-04-2008, 03:48 PM
A lot of relative conservatives are clinging to romney as their last hope for conservatism. If McCain sweeps it, Ron Paul can ride the wave until november as a REAL conservative and the best alternative to the Hillary and McCain statist machine. It helps us that McCain is a BLATANT psuedo-con and Ron Paul can keep going because of grassroot donation.

Comments?

Neither are conservative. Not a little and not at all. That is nothing but GOP bullshit.
There is only one conservative in the race and that is Ron Paul.
Huck is the next closest thing, but does have issues.

MayTheRonBeWithYou
02-04-2008, 03:49 PM

I used to think this way, but Romney has openly mocked Dr Paul several times recently. I say to hell with all of them.

RonPaulVolunteer
02-04-2008, 03:52 PM
I used to think this way, but Romney has openly mocked Dr Paul several times recently.

Yep, it's called STRATEGY...

armand61685
02-04-2008, 03:52 PM
Neither are conservative. Not a little and not at all. That is nothing but GOP bullshit.
There is only one conservative in the race and that is Ron Paul.
Huck is the next closest thing, but does have issues.

I know that but McCain is the most blatant and apparent affront to conservatism. Romney is too, but he is too slick and too much of a snake. McCain doesn't try to hide it as much.