PDA

View Full Version : Question On MN Caucuses

fireworks_god
02-04-2008, 03:33 PM
I've read contrasting information regarding the voter registration deadline. Someone here told me that you can go and register the day of, and that it was open, but rockthevote or something said that it was sometime in January. All the official MN site is saying that you have to be eligible to vote in the election, and it doesn't say anything about a deadline...

I have two people in MN that I'm positive I can get out to vote for Ron Paul tomorrow, but I don't want to send them on their way if it turns out they can't do it, they might even be able to drag more people with...

Should they print off the voter registration form, fill it out, and take it in with them tomorrow, will they get in? :)

MattMinnesota
02-04-2008, 03:36 PM
You don't have to be registered in MN to participate in the caucus. Just show up!

fireworks_god
02-04-2008, 03:50 PM
So basically they just have to show up with proof they live in MN, or sign an affadavit that they do, or whatever? :)

Ninja Homer
02-04-2008, 03:54 PM
So basically they just have to show up with proof they live in MN, or sign an affadavit that they do, or whatever? :)

They should bring an ID to be safe, especially with all the crap that's gone on in other states so far, but from what I've read they don't normally ask for anything at all.

Badger Paul
02-04-2008, 04:02 PM
Same day registration in Minnesota. Just show up with some proof of residence (a bill will do) and you're ready to caucus.