PDA

View Full Version : Take Over the GOP! Join the Republican Liberty Caucus, Ron Paul is a Member!

Rob
02-04-2008, 02:57 PM
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/e/e8/RLC_Logo_small.jpg

I would like to extend an open invitation to all to join the Republican Liberty Caucus (RLC).

Our organization works through the Republican Party to promote libertarian ideals. We do this by promoting and endorsing liberty minded candidates. We attend GOP events to cultivate relationships within the Republican Party and identify like-minded party members. We also work with single issue groups and combine forces to pursue mutual interest. Essentially, our mission is nothing short of changing the GOP’s political culture to one rooted in libertarian ideals. Unlike many of the organizations springing up in the wake of Ron Paul’s presidential run, we have been in existence since 1990 and run a politically experienced organization. We are a national organization with established members in each of the 50 states. We’re organized enough to even have an attached Political Action Committee (PAC) that donates to campaigns of pro-liberty candidates.

Ron Paul himself was once chairman of the Republican Liberty Caucus and is CURRENTLY a member of our advisory board. Dr. Paul has often stated that what we’re doing in the campaign isn’t just about him, it’s about the message. This isn’t merely a campaign, this is a movement. The Republican Liberty Caucus is the vehicle for our movement. I know that many of you have been debating what we should do moving forward; I’ve heard everything from joining the Libertarian or Constitution Parties to remaining an independent. I urge you all to consider instead using the working through the Republican Party.

While the Libertarian and Constitution parties are principled organizations made up of fine people, they have continued to fail at electing anyone to Congress over the last 35 years. Note the fact that Ron Paul has been elected as a Republican and not a Libertarian. And the number of individuals either group has elected to state legislatures over that same time period has not been much better. Even in New Hampshire, where Libertarians have been elected multiple times to the State House, they were always cross listed on the ballot as Republican candidates under what is known as a “fusion ticket.”

I know many of you probably are concerned that, by joining the Republicans you will be assimilated to the point where you may have to sacrifice your principles and beliefs. That is why I urge you to join us because we operate, although within the GOP, completely independent of the party’s leadership. None of or funds go to the Republican National Committee because we are well aware that their agenda is to elect people and not necessarily promote the ideals of liberty and freedom.

Instead of leaving the party and trying to do something that has not be accomplished in 150 years, that is create a new major political party, we continue the fight from within, using more of our resources on getting our candidates elected as opposed to using them up on things such as ballot access and media exposure that third party candidates have to scream and beg for.

The Republican Liberty Caucus does not have a platform per se, but it is committed to essentially the same principals that Ron Paul is. Please see the link at the bottom for a more detailed explanation. The RLC was also one of the endorsers of the Free State Project.

The Revolution does not end with this presidential run; this is merely the start. In the words of Patriot John Paul Jones, we “have not yet begun to fight!”

Regards,
Rob Johnson
Vice-President Republican Liberty Caucus of MI

I ask that everyone who reads this from the Ron Paul forums, either PM me, or send me an email at “rob_johnson at earthlink dot net” and sign up for the national newsletter at the link below. If you send me your info, please include your state (or country). We will not give your information out to any 3rd party. I ask for you info in addition to signing up for the national newsletter because we want to know who came from the Ron Paul Forums and I would like to talk to many of you directly because we are looking to fill new leadership positions across the country.

We especially NEED tech savvy people; need to be on the cutting edge technologically. If you have any experience in graphic design, web design, or programming, we need you to work on new state web sites

PLEASE NOTE:
By sending me or the national website your information, you are NOT signing up to be a member, you are just expressing your interest. I therefore ask that everyone who just wishes to consider our organization please express your interest to us.

Republican Liberty Caucus National
http://www.rlc.org/

Wikipedia Article
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Republican_Liberty_Caucus

Republican Liberty Caucus Liberty Index:
We strive to rank all the candidates for US House and Senate on how libertarian their voting records and stances are. This is an excellent resource that provides ranking on each candidate. We need to update it again, and your involvement can make that happen. Please note that many of the candidates endorsed in 2004 were not endorsed in 2006. We found that some of them were no longer committed to libertarian principles.
http://www.republicanliberty.org/libdex/index.htm

For those of you in Michigan, please join our Yahoo Group at

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/RLCMI/

Update:
The are no differences in the membership levels. The minimum donation gives you full membership privileges. However, the more you donate, the more we have to donate to the campaigns of libertarian candidates.

Attention:
We are currently looking for a new director in Alaska. Please contact me directly if interested.

tonyr1988
02-04-2008, 03:01 PM
This is important - it's the first step in "transforming" the GOP.

But, I do have a quick question - Ron Paul's Liberty Index has slowly declined from 98% in 1997 to 81.7% in 2005. Why is that? I'm assuming that it's because he's been missing more congressional votes lately, but I don't want to speculate - I couldn't find a detailed list of reasons.

skiingff
02-04-2008, 03:04 PM
Ron Paul used to be a national committeeman and chair of the RLC.

He is still a member just no longer the chair. Too busy.

Rob
02-04-2008, 03:06 PM
This is important - it's the first step in "transforming" the GOP.

But, I do have a quick question - Ron Paul's Liberty Index has slowly declined from 98% in 1997 to 81.7% in 2005. Why is that? I'm assuming that it's because he's been missing more congressional votes lately, but I don't want to speculate - I couldn't find a detailed list of reasons.

I'm actually relatively new to the organization and I haven't checked on that. That is an interesting point. I will look into it.

CopperheadNC
02-04-2008, 03:07 PM
Good organization. The one down side to my membership has been being on a mailing list that Eric Dondero posts to. When I saw his name in my inbox I nearly shit myself.

nullvalu
02-04-2008, 03:28 PM
Good organization. The one down side to my membership has been being on a mailing list that Eric Dondero posts to. When I saw his name in my inbox I nearly shit myself.

He also tries to take credit that he created the RLC. Question to the OP: what's your opinion on that?

Ack
02-04-2008, 03:28 PM
I urge everyone to strongly consider using the Republican Liberty Caucus within the Republican party as their focus on continuing the freedom movement. There's been a lot of debate here about the best way to continue: new 3rd party, change the Republican party from within, or Libertarian party. The most important thing is that we all stick together. If we're split among several different groups and agendas after the election we lose our power and effectiveness.

With Ron Paul himself as a past Chairman and current board member of the group, and running as a Republican for both Congress and President, the RLC seems to be the vehicle that the man himself sees as the best way to work toward our shared goals. Win or lose, after the election many RP supporters are going to tend to lose interest and drift in separate directions. I truly believe that our best hope to continue the cause is for everyone to remain registered Republican, become active in the RLC, and continue the fight for liberty!

More info on RLC here: http://rlc.org/?p=FAQ

FreestarMediaDotCom
02-04-2008, 03:31 PM
Yes!

Rob
02-04-2008, 03:33 PM
He also tries to take credit that he created the RLC. Question to the OP: what's your opinion on that?

He was one of the people present at the founding, but he is no longer associated with RLC AT ALL.

nullvalu
02-04-2008, 03:35 PM
He was one of the people present at the founding, but he is no longer associated with RLC AT ALL.

Works for me.

In fact a guy in our meetup is a member and wants to form a chapter in our County, so at least some of us are already aware of this..

kill the banks
02-04-2008, 03:35 PM
i'm in

kill the banks

skiingff
02-04-2008, 03:37 PM
Well the best thing is that the GOP recognizes the RLC as an official affiliated organization of the GOP...

Rob
02-04-2008, 03:40 PM
Well the best thing is that the GOP recognizes the RLC as an official affiliated organization of the GOP...

We have at least some "legitimacy" in their eyes, but we are not beholden to them in any way. It's a great relationship for us we can use their resources but we don't really give them anything in return.

Anna Karenina
02-04-2008, 03:41 PM
Thanks for posting this, but I had one question I am hoping you could clear up. I have seen several things online (including Wikipedia) which indicate that your group was started by the odious Eric Dondero. Is that true and is he still part of the group? I don't like what I know about him, not that it would preclude joining the group, but I just wanted to know the facts.

Rob
02-04-2008, 03:43 PM
Thanks for posting this, but I had one question I am hoping you could clear up. I have seen several things online (including Wikipedia) which indicate that your group was started by the odious Eric Dondero. Is that true and is he still part of the group? I don't like what I know about him, not that it would preclude joining the group, but I just wanted to know the facts.

Actually someone just asked this before you. He was present at the founding, but take any claims he makes with a grain of salt as they could be exaggerated.

He has NO association with us any more.

Benaiah
02-04-2008, 03:55 PM
tag

cswake
02-04-2008, 04:06 PM
I'm in, this is exactly the type of established network I was hoping for to make the reform of the GOP a success.

MichaelD
02-04-2008, 04:13 PM
Just Joined, hopefully the use the money I send them to endorse canidates running in 2008.

Yom
Bump. This is how we take over the GOP!

Soccrmastr
In. Ron Paul scores quite high on their Liberty Index. I will be sure to follow this as I'm a bit young to actually do anything now (I'm 15) but hopefully one day I will be more involved.

voytechs
02-04-2008, 04:18 PM
Great, where do I sign up!

Soccrmastr
02-04-2008, 04:19 PM
Absolutely agree that this revolution movement must take over the Republican Party.

Rob
02-04-2008, 04:20 PM
Just Joined, hopefully the use the money I send them to endorse canidates running in 2008.

Right now we're working on Linda Goldthorpe who is running for Congress in MI. You can be sure more will follow!

Rob
02-04-2008, 04:20 PM
Great, where do I sign up!

Shoot me an email and sign up for the national news letter at www.rlc.org

RPinSEAZ
02-04-2008, 04:22 PM
Why has it taken so long for people to mention this? This seems like an obvious vehicle to change the party from within.

stevedasbach
02-04-2008, 04:23 PM
There was a time when many of the candidates & officeholders RLC supported were only marginally more "pro-liberty" than the average Republican, and some were actually worse than average.

That may well have changed -- just be sure to take a good look at the candidates & officeholders they label as "pro-liberty"and the criteria they use to do so before you decide whether or not to get involved. Caveat emptor.

[Disclaimer: I have been actively involved in the Libertarian Party since 1979. Aside from Ron Paul's campaign, I have not been involved in the Republican Party.]

FreeTraveler
02-04-2008, 04:27 PM
Is the newsletter electronic? We travel all the time and I don't want to generate more paper to be forwarded.

XelR8r
02-04-2008, 04:50 PM
OK, I take back all the pro 3rd party stuff I said. I will give this a try but I expect to see all the "stay the GOP course" people posting their receipts too:

Thank you for your Support!

"...we mutually pledge to each other
our Lives, our Fortunes and our Sacred Honor."
- The Declaration of Independence

Your dues payment has been processed. You should receive an email receipt shortly.
You will automatically be added to the "Liberty Watch" eNews list, which focuses on local, state and national activism, as well as providing tools for membership events.
Members can look forward to our plan to offer a 'Members Only' website section that will give you exclusive access to publicity materials, resources for local contacts, reference material to assist campaigns and how to get involved in local GOP affairs.
Again, thanks for your help and welcome!

Bill Westmiller
RLC National Chairman

XelR8r
02-04-2008, 05:00 PM
I'm in, this is exactly the type of established network I was hoping for to make the reform of the GOP a success.

QFT

literatim
02-04-2008, 05:06 PM
There are 3 Ron Paul Republicans running for U.S. House in Ohio.

John Mitchel (http://www.reformcongress.com)
Dave Ryon (http://www.daveryon.com/)
John Diamond (http://www.diamondforcongress.com/Home.htm)

slamhead
02-04-2008, 05:12 PM
I am not supporting anything that says republican on it if Dr. Paul does not get the nomination.

Neomatrix
02-04-2008, 05:20 PM
i'm in

kill the banks

Vote Ron Paul!:D

familydog
02-04-2008, 05:28 PM
Right on. It's a great start :)

skiingff
02-04-2008, 05:29 PM
I am not supporting anything that says republican on it if Dr. Paul does not get the nomination.

That's the way to continue this Revolution and help take back America :rolleyes:

Being a Repug allows people to get elected, no one has ever been elected as a 3rd party candidate at the federal level, and no one has ever been elected as an Independent without being a well-known former Dem or Repub. It's the Democratic or Republican party in practicality, in reality even registered Independents vote for either Democrats or Republicans. Until we get people elected as Republicans that can change the system, it won't change.

I'm sorry, but being the former President of my High School's Young Democrat Club, and back when I was a big Howard Dean fan (He is STILL an inspiration to me), I realize the Democratic party is moving FAR LEFT while the GOP is actually weak, broken, and open for the taking.

Just because Howard Dean didn't get the Democratic nomination, he didn't leave the party. In fact, HE NOW RUNS THE PARTY. Why? Because he brought a lot new people into it.

I'm not saying Ron Paul will now be named the chairman of the GOP, I'm saying while the Democrats are moving far left and no one can stop them, we CAN make a difference in the GOP by overtaking a weak party and transforming its IMAGE.

dblee
02-04-2008, 05:30 PM
Sticky!!!!!

virginiakid
02-04-2008, 05:35 PM
Well look at it this way, the Republican party does have the name recognition, already organized and has a sound foundation (as of right now, but probably getting shaky) and it is ripe for a take over.

I am an independent voter, my plans are to take over my local GOP by getting more people like myself involved and electing like minded individuals to the chairs and also to office. The Republican party where I live is extremely strong, so taking it over I feel is the only option. I am building a pac of people to start becoming active so that we can start changing things in Washington and in my home state. First we take over, then we get rid of our legislators who have voted against us time and time again, and put those in power who will vote like us. This is what I feel that should be done in my area and I do believe it is the best option.

mysticgeek
02-04-2008, 05:44 PM
This rules! This is EXACTLY what the Revolution needs! We need to push the GOP in the new direction! No matter what happens tomorrow or moving forward ... this fight is tooth and nail! Today I sat in front of Dr. Paul at a rally today and the good doctor told us "This is only the beginning of the revolution".

dblee
02-04-2008, 05:45 PM
Watch this video of Rand Paul in Chattanooga. Pay CLOSE attention to what he says about how easy it is to take over, and what the direction of the revolution ought to be. I'm sure this is as close to straight from the horses mouth as possible.

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=8054221575260847939&q=rand+paul+chattanooga&total=1&start=0&num=10&so=0&type=search&plindex=0

MrHellebusch
02-04-2008, 05:49 PM
The most important thing is that we all stick together. If we're split among several different groups and agendas after the election we lose our power and effectiveness.

THIS.

RSLudlum
02-04-2008, 05:52 PM
I was wondering what the RLC was...I heard a commercial for it friday night on a talk radio show. During the commercial it mentioned Ron Paul and other congressmen. Now i know what it is....Thanks for the invitation. :)

zahirakids
02-04-2008, 06:21 PM
I ran for state house in 2006 and was endorsed by the RLC. I have also been talking to people about starting a chapter in Vermont. Here is the deal you only need 10 dues paying members to start an official chapter. They only have chapters in 33 states. There is no reason we can't have 50 state chapters by the end of this year.

Rob
02-04-2008, 06:33 PM
Is the newsletter electronic? We travel all the time and I don't want to generate more paper to be forwarded.

It is electronic, no worries.

Rob
02-04-2008, 06:54 PM
It has just come to my attention that our national website is down. It should be up soon, but in the mean time I'll answer questions here and I'm still taking contact info myself.

Rob
02-04-2008, 06:55 PM
We got it back up again, so disregard my previous post.

skiingff
02-04-2008, 07:00 PM
We got it back up again, so disregard my previous post.

You guys need a better, cleaner & more concise website.

Also some mechanism to get the RP crowd more involved in your organization. Maybe let us participate in the selection of endorsed candidates, etc. If we're going to join and donate, we should have a say.

Rob
02-04-2008, 07:02 PM
You guys need a better, cleaner & more concise website.

Also some mechanism to get the RP crowd more involved in your organization. Maybe let us participate in the selection of endorsed candidates, etc. If we're going to join and donate, we should have a say.

We're working on it, and as dues paying members you generally DO have influence over those nominated for endorsement and funding in your own state.

Christopher David
02-04-2008, 07:27 PM
Recommended for sticky. This is the way forward.

RPinSEAZ
02-04-2008, 07:33 PM
The RLC forum is hosted by FreeRepublic? Not that there's anything wrong with it being on FreeRepublic.com I just absolutely despise that forum software. It looks like something my 10 year old could program.

skiingff
02-04-2008, 07:36 PM
The RLC forum is hosted by FreeRepublic? Not that there's anything wrong with it being on FreeRepublic.com I just absolutely despise that forum software. It looks like something my 10 year old could program.

x2.

I like this forum format.

[...] and as dues paying members you generally DO have influence over those nominated for endorsement and funding in your own state.

What about for the national organization and national PAC? Not just for your own state's chapter.

cswake
02-04-2008, 07:41 PM
I am not supporting anything that says republican on it if Dr. Paul does not get the nomination.After the whooping the Republicans get in their 2008 Congressional elections, I guarantee you that we will have an opening to make the Ron Paul platform the guiding post to restore respect to the name.

Rob
02-04-2008, 07:42 PM
x2.

I like this forum format.

What about for the national organization and national PAC? Not just for your own state's chapter.

The state chapters have a larger say in who is endorsed in their state than the national board.

kyleAF
02-04-2008, 07:42 PM
I signed up...

Let's couple this to the libertyforest.com works.

jm1776
02-04-2008, 07:43 PM
I'm in!

Company: REPUBLCAN LIBERTY CAUCUS

Card Type: Mastercard

Subtotal: 30.00
Tax: 0.00
Shipping: 0.00
Total: 30.00

REPUBLCAN LIBERTY CAUCUS

HazardPerry
02-04-2008, 07:46 PM
Done. This seems like our best bet to change the GOP from within. Imagine if all our ranks joined the RLC - what a force within the party! We will get infrastructure deployed across the internet to communicate and share ideas and collaborate.

We will be a force to be reckoned with :D:mad::D

Rob
02-04-2008, 07:53 PM
Done. This seems like our best bet to change the GOP from within. Imagine if all our ranks joined the RLC - what a force within the party! We will get infrastructure deployed across the internet to communicate and share ideas and collaborate.

We will be a force to be reckoned with :D:mad::D

Absolutely. I was just tossing around some numbers with the other boards members the other day, and we figured if we could get only 10% of the Ron Paul donors to pay the $30 membership dues AND participate in the Caucus we'd be a major force within the Republican Party. A good apology is the fundamentalist Christian movement. They don't have enormous numbers, but they donate and participate at very high rates. That should be our goal.

klamath
02-04-2008, 08:33 PM
I like this idea! The phoenix of the GOP is getting its self nestled down on the pyre this November with McCain, It is up to us to make the bird that arises from the ashes, be golden. If the Democrats weren't so unified in socialism right now I would be suggesting a take over of them. Change the name of the RP forums to the RP PAC Forums.

ronpaul4pres
02-04-2008, 08:34 PM
I think this is very worthwhile:

1) We continue the Revolution.
2) The media keeps talking about a possible split in the Republican party. Divide and conquer! We have such a great opportunity to take over the GOP with Ron Paul's ideals.

james1844
02-04-2008, 08:36 PM
Done. I signed up also.

evadmurd
02-04-2008, 08:39 PM
I shared this with our meetup in East Tennessee. Winding down after tomorrow, so it would be good thing to pursue.

UnitedWeStand
02-04-2008, 08:52 PM
I agree this is what we've been looking for. My question is why does the website only list candidates that were endorsed in 2006? Has this organization died down since then? Are there endorsed candidates for 2008? I was hoping to at least see Ron Paul's congressional run endorsed.

Rob
02-04-2008, 08:56 PM
I agree this is what we've been looking for. My question is why does the website only list candidates that were endorsed in 2006? Has this organization died down since then? Are there endorsed candidates for 2008? I was hoping to at least see Ron Paul's congressional run endorsed.

No, no, we're very active. It's just hat we have very few tech savvy members and need them desperately (talk about a match made in heaven!). The national website is the in process of a complete overhaul. Here's the beta for the new site:

NOTE: This is only for testing purposes but it gives you a feel for how it will be.

http://test.rlc.org/

Crickett
02-04-2008, 08:58 PM
So..uh..I guess what he is trying to say is to forget all your differences and join his group with no interaction nor answers, just because RP used to chair it. Well, for me..
HELL NO

Now, give me reasons to change my mind. I like the idea, but it's the organization and Libertarianim, two BIG things for your caucus, that I know nothing about.

RPinSEAZ
02-04-2008, 08:58 PM

This is a very good point. To attract people, the caucus needs to appear to be actively doing something.

Crickett
02-04-2008, 09:01 PM

It's a thing. It could be good.

UnitedWeStand
02-04-2008, 09:02 PM
Have you also posted this at www.ronpaulforum.com and asked Dan McCarthy, the HQ liason, to write about it in "The Daily Dose" on www.ronpaul2008.com?

This is seriously worth promoting. So very much so that I'm even skeptical. Too good to be true=)

Crickett
02-04-2008, 09:02 PM
Right now we're working on Linda Goldthorpe who is running for Congress in MI. You can be sure more will follow!

Why are you not getting Dr. Paul his $400,000 campaign fund for Congress???

Crickett
02-04-2008, 09:03 PM
Why? You know all about it yet?

Crickett
02-04-2008, 09:04 PM

LOL well said...rofl!

Crickett
02-04-2008, 09:05 PM

hahahahaaahaaahaaahaa..Really good one..I like how you think..lollllllllllllll

Crickett
02-04-2008, 09:08 PM
That's the way to continue this Revolution and help take back America :rolleyes:

Being a Repug allows people to get elected, no one has ever been elected as a 3rd party candidate at the federal level, and no one has ever been elected as an Independent without being a well-known former Dem or Repub. It's the Democratic or Republican party in practicality, in reality even registered Independents vote for either Democrats or Republicans. Until we get people elected as Republicans that can change the system, it won't change.

I'm sorry, but being the former President of my High School's Young Democrat Club, and back when I was a big Howard Dean fan (He is STILL an inspiration to me), I realize the Democratic party is moving FAR LEFT while the GOP is actually weak, broken, and open for the taking.

Just because Howard Dean didn't get the Democratic nomination, he didn't leave the party. In fact, HE NOW RUNS THE PARTY. Why? Because he brought a lot new people into it.

I'm not saying Ron Paul will now be named the chairman of the GOP, I'm saying while the Democrats are moving far left and no one can stop them, we CAN make a difference in the GOP by overtaking a weak party and transforming its IMAGE.

Good thought..um..resurrect the Whigs Party?

Flash
02-04-2008, 09:10 PM
Great idea. I like Libertarianism (besides the 'open borders for all' policy). We can all support the RLC.

Good thought..um..resurrect the Whigs Party?

There is the New American Whig party.

http://www.whigs.us/

Rob
02-04-2008, 09:13 PM
Why are you not getting Dr. Paul his $400,000 campaign fund for Congress???

I'll have to talk to the Texas chapter. You raise a good point, and to be honest with you, we're doing a very bad job communicating. That's why I was brought on board and also why this is probably the first time you've heard of us. It's a problem we're addressing.

Crickett
02-04-2008, 09:13 PM
Well look at it this way, the Republican party does have the name recognition, already organized and has a sound foundation (as of right now, but probably getting shaky) and it is ripe for a take over.

I am an independent voter, my plans are to take over my local GOP by getting more people like myself involved and electing like minded individuals to the chairs and also to office. The Republican party where I live is extremely strong, so taking it over I feel is the only option. I am building a pac of people to start becoming active so that we can start changing things in Washington and in my home state. First we take over, then we get rid of our legislators who have voted against us time and time again, and put those in power who will vote like us. This is what I feel that should be done in my area and I do believe it is the best option.

Agreed. It is weak here, all very old people, except the Chairman. He starts the meeting off, instead of "calling it to order" he gets up and tells everyone to "pretend he is in charge". He is going to accept the new state rules, which say that the chair can only serve 4 terms of 2 and he has already served 10 so is iffy that he would stay after this year. However, I am all by myself here, taking over nothing but, am going to the meeting.

Rob
02-04-2008, 09:15 PM
So..uh..I guess what he is trying to say is to forget all your differences and join his group with no interaction nor answers, just because RP used to chair it. Well, for me..
HELL NO

Now, give me reasons to change my mind. I like the idea, but it's the organization and Libertarianim, two BIG things for your caucus, that I know nothing about.

I understand your concerns. As I said before we're doing more than the website indicates, which is a travesty in this day and age. Again it's a function of us not having enough tech savvy supporters. I'll also add that Ron Paul is still a member. We have plenty of interaction. State members have a HUGE say in who we nominate.

Crickett
02-04-2008, 09:17 PM
I'll have to talk to the Texas chapter. You raise a good point, and to be honest with you, we're doing a very bad job communicating. That's why I was brought on board and also why this is probably the first time you've heard of us. It's a problem we're addressing.

OK, well..send me a PM or something when you get it together..GL

RPinSEAZ
02-04-2008, 09:19 PM

A dedicated and robust message forum is one of the first things your webmaster needs to work on IMO. It will help greatly with communications. Get off of yahoo groups, it's for amateurs, not a legitimate political action group.

Patrick_Henry
02-04-2008, 09:26 PM
No, no, we're very active. It's just hat we have very few tech savvy members and need them desperately (talk about a match made in heaven!). The national website is the in process of a complete overhaul. Here's the beta for the new site:

NOTE: This is only for testing purposes but it gives you a feel for how it will be.

http://test.rlc.org/

DRUPAL!

Am I right?
I have a friend who's really good with drupal (not that it's hard or anything). It's a pretty flexible CMS. Anyway, he might like to help. I'll talk to him.

Rob
02-04-2008, 09:35 PM
A dedicated and robust message forum is one of the first things your webmaster needs to work on IMO. It will help greatly with communications. Get off of yahoo groups, it's for amateurs, not a legitimate political action group.

I couldn't agree more. It's a high priority.

Rob
02-04-2008, 09:36 PM
DRUPAL!

Am I right?
I have a friend who's really good with drupal (not that it's hard or anything). It's a pretty flexible CMS. Anyway, he might like to help. I'll talk to him.

I don't actually know, but you may be right. I would appreciate that. Please tell him to contact me.

stevedasbach
02-04-2008, 09:38 PM
To the RLC contact people here:

Which current/former members of Congress are affiliated with RLC?

Which current/former members of Congress that are not affiliated with RLC have been supported in recent elections by RLC?

I want to get a better idea of what you consider a pro-liberty Congressman/candidate. If Ron Paul is the gold standard, how close to that standard does a Congressman or candidate for Congress need to be to gain RLC support? Thanks.

Rob
02-04-2008, 09:44 PM
To the RLC contact people here:

Which current/former members of Congress are affiliated with RLC?

Which current/former members of Congress that are not affiliated with RLC have been supported in recent elections by RLC?

I want to get a better idea of what you consider a pro-liberty Congressman/candidate. If Ron Paul is the gold standard, how close to that standard does a Congressman or candidate for Congress need to be to gain RLC support? Thanks.

Please see our issues section.

http://www.rlc.org/?p=FAQ#4252

Then look at the candidates we endorsed for the 2006 elections cycle.

http://www.republicanliberty.org/candid/

thexjib
02-04-2008, 09:44 PM
of all of the members of the Republican Liberty Caucus Board of Advisors are pro war pro bush... 'cept Dr. Paul

Rob
02-04-2008, 09:56 PM
of all of the members of the Republican Liberty Caucus Board of Advisors are pro war pro bush... 'cept Dr. Paul

The national committee is decidedly pro-libertarian, actually paleo-libertarian

In fact since many of you probably aren't too well versed in libertarian history, I'll give some background. There was actually a rift in the libertarian movement, with the main division being war policy.

Paleo-libertarians (like Ron Paul) are anti-war whereas Neo-libertarians are pro-war.

Please keep in mind I have GROSSLY oversimplified this but you can read more at the following wikipedia articles.

Neo-libertarian
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Neo-libertarian

Paleo-libertarian
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Paleolibertarianism

Those who are neo-libertarian are still essentially support the same issues that paleo-libertarians support outside of war policy. As I said earlier the decision-making body is decidedly paleo-libertarian as are most of our members. Let's get of us elected to Congress to give Ron Paul some company.

stevedasbach
02-04-2008, 10:00 PM
Please see our issues section.

http://www.rlc.org/?p=FAQ#4252

Then look at the candidates we endorsed for the 2006 elections cycle.

http://www.republicanliberty.org/candid/

Thanks. That was the information I was interested in. I want to check out the voting records of the elected officials and the VoteSmart profiles of the candidates.

Sesshomaru
02-04-2008, 10:02 PM
You know, if the Republican party is stupid enough to nominate McCain or Romney, I hope they lose this election by such a landslide that the party implodes and a new party steps up to take over its spot. At least then we can start from scratch and be rid of the neocons.

nullvalu
02-04-2008, 10:06 PM
You know, if the Republican party is stupid enough to nominate McCain or Romney, I hope they lose this election by such a landslide that the party implodes and a new party steps up to take over its spot. At least then we can start from scratch and be rid of the neocons.

They won't let go that easily. Don't rule out a landslide loss as a planned maneuver.

Peace&Freedom
02-04-2008, 10:07 PM
Not to throw cold water on a logical 'takeover' step in transforming the GOP, but....

This is the same RLC that, last year when an early endorsement of Paul would have been very helpful and obviously fitting, failed to give him one. Something about their internal rules requiring that all their regional chapters had to agree on it in order for the national group to endorse, or some such figleaf. A few of the regional groups were favoring GIULIANI, basically because he was the perceived frontrunner, and that was that, everybody was to get in line.

If the Revolution is to prosper by taking over a Republican subgroup it MUST resist being expected to go with the flow when the central command orders them to. Paul supporters MUST avoid becoming merely cosmetic constitutionalists/libertarians, whose only substance is in being GOP ambassadors to outside movements, making the constitutionalist case for a McCain, Romney or whichever CFR guy is anointed the frontrunner.

Supporters who go into the RLC MUST recognize many of its current members are in fact simply spies for the GOP leadership, who act as steering agents to keep the subgroup from ever endorsing a Paulite candidate, or otherwise 'going off the reservation.' Most of all, Revolution members taking over the RLC must threaten, and outright demonstrate WALKING POWER to take their votes elsewhere if Paul or successor candidates get treated the way Paul was treated this year. The mantra: "No more establishment games. Revolution candidates get nominated, or this party gets decimated!"

dblee
02-04-2008, 10:13 PM
Sticky This Thread

Rob
02-04-2008, 10:15 PM
Not to throw cold water on a logical 'takeover' step in transforming the GOP, but....

This is the same RLC that, last year when an early endorsement of Paul would have been very helpful and obviously fitting, failed to give him one. Something about their internal rules requiring that all their regional chapters has to agree on it in order for the antional group to endorse, or some such figleaf. A few of the regional groups were favoring GIULIANI, basically because he was the perceived frontrunner, and that was that, everybody was to get in line.

If the Revolution is to prosper by taking over a Republican subgroup it MUST resist being expected to go with the flow when the central command orders them to. Paul supporters MUST becoming cosmetic constitutionalists/libertarians, whose only substance is in being GOP ambassadors to outside movements, making the constitutionalist case for a McCain, Romney or whichever CFR guy is anointed the frontrunner.

Supporters who go into the RLC MUST recognize many of its current members are in fact simply spies for the GOP leadership, who act as steering agents to keep the subgroup from ever endorsing a Paulite candidate, or otherwise 'going off the reservation.' Most of all, Revolution members taking over the RLC must threaten, and outright demonstrate WALKING POWER to take their votes elsewhere if Paul or successor candidates get treated the way Paul was treated this year. The mantra: "No more establishment games. Revolution candidates get nominated, or this party gets decimated!"

Yes, some members in New York wished to nominate Giuliani, but it was very few of our members nationally. The majority of members and the governing body is paleo-conservative like Ron Paul (see above). The New York leans toward neo-libertarianism, but I'm hoping we can get enough people to sign up and push them to paleo. This is very ideologically pure organization as far as organizations go, but if we were to make and EXACT platform that all were to follow, we'd end up as successful as the Libertarian or Constitution Parties. In fact, the things we're discussing actually imply the typical arguments for and against the Libertarian Party. However, the results are clear; they have never elected anyone to national office and have been trying for 35 years.

I'd like to add that since our organization is essentially paleo-libertarian with a few neo-libertarians thrown in, we could quickly make the already few neo-libertarians insignificant if enough Ron Paul supporters join.

torchbearer
02-04-2008, 10:31 PM
Take over your state central committee should be step one.

thexjib
02-04-2008, 10:41 PM
[QUOTE=Peace&Freedom;1177619]Not to throw cold water on a logical 'takeover' step in transforming the GOP, but....

If the Revolution is to prosper by taking over a Republican subgroup it MUST resist being expected to go with the flow when the central command orders them to. Paul supporters MUST avoid becoming merely cosmetic constitutionalists/libertarians, whose only substance is in being GOP ambassadors to outside movements, making the constitutionalist case for a McCain, Romney or whichever CFR guy is anointed the frontrunner.

[QUOTE]

truer words were never spoken!

I’m not making peace with the GOP until they make peace with me! I feel absolutely betrayed by the conservative movement… they never were for liberty.

Peace&Freedom
02-04-2008, 10:46 PM
Yes, some members in New York wished to nominate Giuliani, but it was very few of our members nationally. The majority of members and the governing body is paleo-conservative like Ron Paul (see above). The New York leans toward neo-libertarianism, but I'm hoping we can get enough people to sign up and push them to paleo. This is very ideologically pure organization as far as organizations go, but if we were to make and EXACT platform that all were to follow, we'd end up as successful as the Libertarian or Constitution Parties. In fact, the things we're discussing actually imply the typical arguments for and against the Libertarian Party. However, the results are clear; they have never elected anyone to national office and have been trying for 35 years.

I'd like to add that since our organization is essentially paleo-libertarian with a few neo-libertarians thrown in, we could quickly make the already few neo-libertarians insignificant if enough Ron Paul supporters join.

The reason alternative candidates running in 3rd parties have not succeeded at the federal level, is because the MSM/establishment have had a stranglehold over the election process. The reason alternative candidates running WITHIN THE TWO PARTY SYSTEM have not succeeded at the federal level, is because the MSM/establishment have had a stranglehold over the election process. The media blackout of Paul is not new, it is just the current application of tried and true elite methods of structurally suppressing alternative candidates, regardless of the party organ they used.

Has the RLC ever had any previous success challenging the party leadership to back a Paulite candidate, versus a CFR drone in a major nomination battle? Do they contemplate ever fighting such a battle? Will they even fight for a rules change, to move away from a unanimous endorsement policy that effectively gives the New York RLC veto powers over the whole national group? I'm hopeful things will change, but I'm not holding my breath. In the meantime, I will certainly suggest that local NYC meetup group members try to take over the state RLC, if that will help start the process.

Rob
02-04-2008, 10:47 PM
[QUOTE=Peace&Freedom;1177619]Not to throw cold water on a logical 'takeover' step in transforming the GOP, but....

[QUOTE]

truer words were never spoken!

I’m not making peace with the GOP until they make peace with me! I feel absolutely betrayed by the conservative movement… they never were for liberty.

We're not the GOP, we're trying to take it over. We are NOT beholden to it in any way. The vast majority of our members don't vote Republican in the presidential election, except for perhaps this one.

RPinSEAZ
02-04-2008, 10:47 PM

How does the voting on endorsements work? If there's one thing I won't do, it's be part of an organization that endorses people like Giuliani.

Edit: I just read in a previous post that it's by unanimous approval, it seems that's an easy way for the GOP to insert moles into the organization to effectively negate everything you're trying to do.

Rob
02-04-2008, 10:55 PM
How does the voting on endorsements work? If there's one thing I won't do, it's be part of an organization that endorses people like Giuliani.

Much ado is being made of very little here first of all. Essentially a few people who are neo-libertarians find the war to be a big enough issue to block the recommendation that every other charter state organization made for Ron Paul. Please do note, that Ron Paul has been consistently endorsed for his Congress run, and will be for this one as well.

The people in New York won't be able to endorse anyone in their state like Giuliani, because our governing body refuses to approve them. We have a few neo-libertarians (NOT neo-libertarians, please looks these terms up if unfamiliar) in New York, however, they can easily be overwhelmed by paleo-libertarians (Ron Paul) if only a fraction of our meetup members join from NY. The national committee is essentially paleo-libertarian. Please see my previous posts for more info on that.

Rob
02-04-2008, 10:57 PM

Edit: I just read in a previous post that it's by unanimous approval, it seems that's an easy way for the GOP to insert moles into the organization to effectively negate everything you're trying to do.

The state nomination process works very differently. For US House and Senate, it just needs approval of the state and the national committee (very paleo-libertarian ie. Ron Paul).

jm1776
02-04-2008, 11:07 PM
We need a national organization to smoothly transition into from the 1,600+ meetup groups we are currently in.

The fact that the RLC is a part of the GOP is perfect. Excellent practice for the ultimate goal/takeover! I say we jump in and make it work.

BuddyRey
02-04-2008, 11:12 PM
Could you explain in some detail the various membership levels and the differences between them?

Rob
02-04-2008, 11:13 PM
We need a national organization to smoothly transition into from the 1,600+ meetup groups we are currently in.

The fact that the RLC is a part of the GOP is perfect. Excellent practice for the ultimate goal/takeover! I say we jump in and make it work.

It's not quite "a part" of the GOP. We're affiliated with it, but have ABSOLUTELY NO obligations to it. None. Nada. Our relationship is heavily skewed in our favor.

RPinSEAZ
02-04-2008, 11:17 PM
Much ado is being made of very little here first of all. Essentially a few people who are neo-libertarians find the war to be a big enough issue to block the recommendation that every other charter state organization made for Ron Paul. Please do note, that Ron Paul has been consistently endorsed for his Congress run, and will be for this one as well.

The people in New York won't be able to endorse anyone in their state like Giuliani, because our governing body refuses to approve them. We have a few neo-libertarians (NOT neo-libertarians, please looks these terms up if unfamiliar) in New York, however, they can easily be overwhelmed by paleo-libertarians (Ron Paul) if only a fraction of our meetup members join from NY. The national committee is essentially paleo-libertarian. Please see my previous posts for more info on that.

Thanks for clarifying. What kind of "weight" do you think an endorsement by the RLC carries with card carrying republicans? What does the typical member of the Republican establishment think of the RLC? Besides endorsements of specific "liberty minded candidates" is there any other work that the RLC does on behalf of changing the Republican party from within?

BuddyRey
02-05-2008, 12:12 AM
Could you explain in some detail the various membership levels and the differences between them?

Bump.

Crickett
02-05-2008, 12:51 AM
Step one is getting RP elected right NOW, not trying to save a floundering party by joining a questionable off- or in-shoot of it. We might want to fully abandon the GOP as heartless as it has been in some states. MI, LA, NH..many others. No one is our friend this year in the GOP as a rule.

UnitedWeStand
02-05-2008, 12:59 AM
look what i found!!

http://www.rlctexas.org/index.html

expatinireland
02-05-2008, 01:09 AM
Step one is getting RP elected right NOW, not trying to save a floundering party by joining a questionable off- or in-shoot of it. We might want to fully abandon the GOP as heartless as it has been in some states. MI, LA, NH..many others. No one is our friend this year in the GOP as a rule.

I agree. As far as I am concerned the GOP has not proven itself worthy of my support. I see the Republican party as a tool to get Ron Paul nominated. If we are not successful and one of the other candidates is their nominee the whole war mongering deficit spending lot of them can go tie a concrete block around their legs and jump into deep water.

expatinireland
02-05-2008, 01:49 AM
This thread is nothing but an attempt by the darkside to co-opt our membership.

Reported.

Christopher David
02-05-2008, 02:09 AM
Good basic reading about the RLC: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Republican_Liberty_Caucus

Interesting that the RLC is officially "considered the libertarian wing of the Republican Party."

Note that we do have numerous Ron Paul Republicans running for Congress in 2008. The RLC could help out a good bit with timely endorsements and other PR support.

This is definitely worth the effort in the short-term and the long-term.

expatinireland
02-05-2008, 03:03 AM
Good basic reading about the RLC: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Republican_Liberty_Caucus

Interesting that the RLC is officially "considered the libertarian wing of the Republican Party."

Note that we do have numerous Ron Paul Republicans running for Congress in 2008. The RLC could help out a good bit with timely endorsements and other PR support.

This is definitely worth the effort in the short-term and the long-term.

You really think you can convert these warmongering sob's?

Wheel spinning imho!

Hmmh, 57 posts maybe your one of those darksiders.

BuddyRey
02-05-2008, 03:18 AM
This thread is nothing but an attempt by the darkside to co-opt our membership.

Reported.

I would normally echo your sentiments and practice extreme caution in approaching such a group. But the RLC is a fairly well-established organization that Ron Paul himself is a member of. Plus, it's not as if the Republican Party is co-opting us. More like, we're co-opting the Republican Party! :D

expatinireland
02-05-2008, 03:45 AM
I would normally echo your sentiments and practice extreme caution in approaching such a group. But the RLC is a fairly well-established organization that Ron Paul himself is a member of. Plus, it's not as if the Republican Party is co-opting us. More like, we're co-opting the Republican Party! :D

BR,

I think its best if we stay focused on the target of getting RP elected and leave the rest till after the campaign is done and dusted.

I for one have no intention of having anything to do with the Republican Party if they end up nominating McCain especially with the way the Party has treated the Good Doctor. I am really really really po'd at the GOP.

Rob
02-05-2008, 07:48 AM

Yes, that's exactly how it works. The relationship is fairly one-sided but in our favor, for a change!

Rob
02-05-2008, 07:52 AM
BR,

I think its best if we stay focused on the target of getting RP elected and leave the rest till after the campaign is done and dusted.

I for one have no intention of having anything to do with the Republican Party if they end up nominating McCain especially with the way the Party has treated the Good Doctor. I am really really really po'd at the GOP.

I think we all should focus on Ron Paul first. My intention in posting this was mere to let people who would want to be a part of this thing know about it, so they could sign up now but do work after the Paul campaign has run it's course. I believe I've said as much in previous posts. My and and the national chairman have both said we really don't want any of you doing anything for us except signing up at this point! We all understand our efforts should be focused on Ron Paul. However, if you look at some of the state organizations, like the Texas one posted earlier, they've essentially turned themselves into temporary Ron Paul campaign teams.

In any event focus merely consider the RLC right now and focus all your efforts on getting Ron Paul nominated.

Rob
02-05-2008, 07:52 AM
Bump.

I'm not entirely sure about all the differences between levels, as I'm still relatively new. I'll get that information and post it here when I do.

Rob
02-05-2008, 07:59 AM

Wheel spinning imho!

This IS NOT an attempt to co opt anyone, except may the entire Republican Party to the cause of libertarianism! In Michigan, I dare say we supported (the organization I was not a part then) Ron Paul before the vast majority of you even knew who he was! We gave him a list of likely supporters from our database, and contacting these people were essentially the first actions the Paul campaign ever took in Michigan. The majority of activity chapters have been working hard for the Ron Paul campaign, so much so we've neglected the RLC itself for awhile, as it should be. Ron Paul is priority 1 right now. Personally, I am the head coordinator for the Ron Paul campaign in Washtenaw County, I organized and had the privilege of introducing Dr. Paul at the University of Michigan Rally. The President of the Michigan chapter was the materials and literature manager for the Ron Paul campaign in MI before our primary. Except for a few we're all extremely dedicated to the Ron Paul campaign and encourage everyone to continue to be.

Rob
02-05-2008, 08:21 AM
Thanks for clarifying. What kind of "weight" do you think an endorsement by the RLC carries with card carrying republicans? What does the typical member of the Republican establishment think of the RLC? Besides endorsements of specific "liberty minded candidates" is there any other work that the RLC does on behalf of changing the Republican party from within?

The answer is some but definitely not a lot. The Republican Party leadership is aware of us at every state level and at least listens to us. They tend to view us cautiously, but seriously consider what we say and do. Right now, they don't feel too much pressure from us because they know we have a very limited amount of members. This would change quickly if every state chapter were to suddenly grow to a thousand members plus, which would take just one third of the number of donators to the Paul campaign.

At times we have been openly hostile to them. In Michigan, we were very critical of Saul Anuzis calling for the removal of Dr. Paul from the debates and pressured him to make sure Paul had a sport at the influential state Republican Leadership Conference on Mackinac Island. He eventually rescinded his statement of keeping Ron Paul out of the debates. Other people pressured him too, so it wouldn't be fair to take credit, but I hope that this gives you a general idea of the current relationship with the Republican Party proper.

I would expect them to become more cautious about us as we grow. However, one key detail is that they see as "legitimate" more so than an unaffiliated Ron Paul supporter. They understand we're voting Republicans and that we will take action if marginalized and ignored. They tend to think that they can marginalize Ron Paul supporters and need not worry as much because they expect them to disband. They understand that whatever they do to us, they will have to answer for because we're not going anywhere

Ack
02-05-2008, 08:28 AM

You could also just as easily say "I have no intention of having anything more to do with politics if they elect McCain," or "I have no intention of having anything more to do with America..." By leaving the GOP you're not punishing "them" at all, in fact "they" would most likely prefer that you didn't show up at their meetings and oppose their agenda.

I'm just as upset as you about the current state of the GOP, however I believe that the thing to do is work to change it from the inside. The GOP along with it's platform, candidates, and policies are all controlled by its ACTIVE members. If enough of those active members want things changed then it will happen. The RLC seems like the perfect way to keep us organized, focused, and working within the system for maximum effect.

ARealConservative
02-05-2008, 08:58 AM
I'm a member of the RLC and National Tax Payers Union.

It's true that either group could get infested- but it is also true that at the moment - this is a liberty orienated organization that isn't infested. The more of you that sign up, the more difficult it would be to overrun the membership.

I fully agree that we can't abandon the GOP - abandon the candidates they currently nominate for sure, but don't think you will find success as a third party.

If the GOP had there pick, they would prefer we abandon our efforts to take over the party and waste our time with the Libertarian Party or Constitution Party.

angelatc
02-05-2008, 09:09 AM
It has just come to my attention that our national website is down. It should be up soon, but in the mean time I'll answer questions here and I'm still taking contact info myself.

I am a member of the RLCIL Yahoo group. It is "owned" and moderated by a great guy, but we have more neocons than conservatives on the list right now.

I am working to change that. :)

My favorite conversation the other day, and I think there's inspiration here, involoved another poster wondering if the Ron Paul supporters would ever concede on any of their issues in order to affect change. NExt post was wondering if they would share any donor lists.

Seems that if we have the donors, they're the ones who need to make some concessions.

Some of the members truly disturb me. I asked if the GOP platform was wrong when it called for the abolition of the Department of Education, or if it was wrong now. I was told , by an RLC member, that he is an elected official to his local school board, and that before NCLB there were never any efforts to guage and improve student performance.

I soooo wanted to attack him on that, but I always get in trouble for being mean to the neocons, so I didn't.

:eek:

angelatc
02-05-2008, 09:09 AM

I am a member of the RLCIL Yahoo group. It is "owned" and moderated by a great guy, but we have more neocons than conservatives on the list right now.

What's the official position of the RLC on the war?

I am working to change that. :)

My favorite conversation the other day, and I think there's inspiration here, involoved another poster wondering if the Ron Paul supporters would ever concede on any of their issues in order to affect change. NExt post was wondering if they would share any donor lists.

Seems that if we have the donors, they're the ones who need to make some concessions.

Some of the members truly disturb me. I asked if the GOP platform was wrong when it called for the abolition of the Department of Education, or if it was wrong now. I was told , by an RLC member, that he is an elected official to his local school board, and that before NCLB there were never any efforts to guage and improve student performance.

I soooo wanted to attack him on that, but I always get in trouble for being mean to the neocons, so I didn't.

angelatc
02-05-2008, 09:10 AM
DO you know how hard you have to work to double post on this board?

familydog
02-05-2008, 10:09 AM
DO you know how hard you have to work to double post on this board?

My internet is terrible. For me, it's not that hard :p

beachmaster
02-05-2008, 10:23 AM
I guess if our point is to take over the GOP, we could first concentrate on taking over the RLC, then move up the ranks in the GOP and start ousting some of the fascist bastards.

XelR8r
02-05-2008, 10:40 AM
So, I guess we should start sending a link to this thread to the meet ups and to Digg.:D

ARealConservative
02-05-2008, 12:18 PM
So, I guess we should start sending a link to this thread to the meet ups and to Digg.:D

people need to stop spamming meetup.

Sending a message to the group leader is meaningless. I get dozens of requests a day and ignore the majority of them. Even so - the last two people to unsubscribe - gave a reason of "too many emails".

pennycat
02-05-2008, 12:18 PM
While I'm in favor of trying to change the direction of the Republican party, I'm not in favor of aligning with the RLC. They appear to have done little within the party in the last few years. The people that I have met that are officers and members don't display the kind of passion and intellectual fortitude to lead this battle.

Rob
02-05-2008, 12:30 PM
While I'm in favor of trying to change the direction of the Republican party, I'm not in favor of aligning with the RLC. They appear to have done little within the party in the last few years. The people that I have met that are officers and members don't display the kind of passion and intellectual fortitude to lead this battle.

Well, you obviously haven't met me :D! We actually have several of our endorsed candidates in the US House and Senate, as well as a couple governors. We of course would like to do more, but the problem is we don't have enough enthusiastic supporters yet. I'm working hard to change that, and you could be too. We have the framework and connections, we just need more supporters and passionate leaders. Instead of complaining about them, why don't you become one yourself?

RPinSEAZ
02-05-2008, 12:44 PM
Perhaps this already established organization just needs some new blood, funds and enthusiasm. I subscribed for for a premium membership (whatever that is). I'm ready to convert the GOP from within, what do I do now? :D

Rob
02-05-2008, 12:51 PM
Perhaps this already established organization just needs some new blood, funds and enthusiasm. I subscribed for for a premium membership (whatever that is). I'm ready to convert the GOP from within, what do I do now? :D

Right now keep campaigning for Dr. Paul! When you have some other time research other candidates to see if you can find any libertarian Republicans in AZ. Convince libertarians to run as Republicans in AZ. Run yourself! Spreading the word about the RLC would obviously be a big plus too.

beachmaster
02-05-2008, 12:58 PM

I addressed this above.

I guess if our point is to take over the GOP, we could first concentrate on taking over the RLC, then move up the ranks in the GOP and start ousting some of the fascist bastards.

So it appears we have TWO organizations to take over. RLC first, then the GOP. Got our work cut out for ourselves huh.

RPinSEAZ
02-05-2008, 01:00 PM
Right now keep campaigning for Dr. Paul! When you have some other time research other candidates to see if you can find any libertarian Republicans in AZ. Convince libertarians to run as Republicans in AZ. Run yourself! Spreading the word about the RLC would obviously be a big plus too.

There's a big meeting of Ron Paul supporters next week up in Tucson. Where everyone will be talking about a post Super Tuesday road ahead. I'll be sure to bring up RLC there.

Rob
02-05-2008, 01:03 PM
I addressed this above.

So it appears we have TWO organizations to take over. RLC first, then the GOP. Got our work cut out for ourselves huh.

Make no mistake about it, paleo-libertarians are firmly in control of the RLC! We have a small number of neo-libertarians, however, they are mostly concentrated in NY and IL and can't affect much nationally. If we swarm those states with paleo-libertarians, they won't have any influence anywhere. Please read up on libertarian history if you're not familiar with these terms or see my earlier posts in this thread. Also, note that neo-libertarians disagree primarily on war policy and not much else. They're MUCH better than neo-conservatives.

zimmru
02-05-2008, 04:19 PM
You say that the neo-libertarians are mainly in NY, but the RLC supports guys like Robert Bennett (source: http://www.republicanliberty.org/candid/), who's from my home state of UT. Bob Bennett voted for the Patriot Act twice, for continuing in Iraq, against habeus corpus for Guantanamo, etc (source: http://www.ontheissues.org/Senate/Robert_Bennett.htm). He does seem pretty free market, though, I'll give him that.

Hopefully, some of the others the RLC endorses have better voting records than my guy.

Anyway, I'm pretty torn with what to do after the election. Go back to the Libertarian Party (where they don't get anyone elected, but they have integrity), join the RLC (where their libertarian-nature is questionable at times), or give up and move out of the country or something.

If Ron Paul believes that the RLC should be the future vehicle of this revolution, at the end of the campaign he should publicly encourage us to join. Anything short of that and I fear we'll become too fragmented.

billjarrett
02-05-2008, 04:27 PM

I'm ready to join, and noticed I'm not the only one confused on the above point.

What's the difference between the various memberships besides the cost?

RPinSEAZ
02-05-2008, 04:50 PM
If Ron Paul believes that the RLC should be the future vehicle of this revolution, at the end of the campaign he should publicly encourage us to join. Anything short of that and I fear we'll become too fragmented.

Oh, I definitely agree. It would be nice if publicly gave an endorsement of one road or another so Ron Paul supporters not on these forums have some direction if they decide to continue down this road.

nullvalu
02-05-2008, 05:50 PM
I'm not going to make any long-term decisions until after I read what Ron Paul has to say in his new book. :)

Rob
02-05-2008, 08:28 PM
You say that the neo-libertarians are mainly in NY, but the RLC supports guys like Robert Bennett (source: http://www.republicanliberty.org/candid/), who's from my home state of UT. Bob Bennett voted for the Patriot Act twice, for continuing in Iraq, against habeus corpus for Guantanamo, etc (source: http://www.ontheissues.org/Senate/Robert_Bennett.htm). He does seem pretty free market, though, I'll give him that.

Hopefully, some of the others the RLC endorses have better voting records than my guy.

Anyway, I'm pretty torn with what to do after the election. Go back to the Libertarian Party (where they don't get anyone elected, but they have integrity), join the RLC (where their libertarian-nature is questionable at times), or give up and move out of the country or something.

On Bennet specifically, you'll not that he was NOT re-endorsed for the 2006 election cycle. Up until 2001, he had been a fairly libertarian voter, but for whatever reason that changed shortly after. He was giving a "free pass" of sorts for 2004, but once it was clear he was no longer libertarian he was dropped. As an organization, we're not perfect, nor do we pretend to be. However, the more dedicated and enthusiastic supporters we get, the more efficient and effective we'll be.

Rob
02-05-2008, 08:37 PM

We need more dedicated paleo-libertarians. Please see my previous posts about endorsements within states including US House and Senate seats; dues paying members have a considerable say in who gets nominated, however, the paleo-libertarian national committee these days will reject anyone who isn't committed to libertarian ideals.

Staynsane
02-05-2008, 09:20 PM
Would like to do more research. Seems the man himself has done more for Your cause than you have for His... again, I do need more info, so will hold my thoughts and actions.

Rob
02-05-2008, 09:26 PM
Would like to do more research. Seems the man himself has done more for Your cause than you have for His... again, I do need more info, so will hold my thoughts and actions.

Whoa there. I joined just a short while ago, and didn't really start working for the RLC until after the Michigan primary.

As for what I've done for this campaign. I got a Ron Paul banner on ESPN Gameday in front of 3 million plus people, organized the University of Michigan Rally, the LARGEST rally for any Republican candidate in Michigan. I was Co-organizer of the Ann Arbor meetup and chair of the University of Michigan for Ron Paul, Ron Paul finished with 16% of the vote in Ann Arbor compared to the state average of 6%. I organized serveral major canvassing efforts and did it myself. And many, many more things. You maybe have done more for this campaign, but please to not insult everything I have done.

RPinSEAZ
02-05-2008, 09:44 PM
Whoa there. I joined just a short while ago, and didn't really start working for the RLC until after the Michigan primary.

As for what I've done for this campaign. I got a Ron Paul banner on ESPN Gameday in front of 3 million plus people, organized the University of Michigan Rally, the LARGEST rally for any Republican candidate in Michigan. I was Co-organizer of the Ann Arbor meetup and chair of the University of Michigan for Ron Paul, Ron Paul finished with 16% of the vote in Ann Arbor compared to the state average of 6%. I organized serveral major canvassing efforts and did it myself. And many, many more things. You maybe have done more for this campaign, but please to not insult everything I have done.

I don't think it was meant as a personal dig, but towards RLC as an organization since you are representing the organization in this particular thread. Meaning that Ron Paul supported the organization, but when it came to an endorsement of Ron Paul, the organization didn't do it's part for whatever reason.

Rob
02-05-2008, 09:51 PM
I don't think it was meant as a personal dig, but towards RLC as an organization since you are representing the organization in this particular thread. Meaning that Ron Paul supported the organization, but when it came to an endorsement of Ron Paul, the organization didn't do it's part for whatever reason.

I cannot speak for every state. but in Michigan we helped lay the foundation for the Ron Paul campaign; the Michigan RLC also contacted its members in Michigan to ask them to join the Paul campaign. Many of our members (I was not one at the time) responded, and they were actually the beginning of the Ron Paul campaign in Michigan. Certain states are in better shape than others, but that is all the more reason we need fresh blood in those "weaker" states.

Rhys
02-05-2008, 10:10 PM
hey Rob I'd like to help.

I'm the guy who was always bugging you for slim jims on a sunday!

Rob
02-05-2008, 10:12 PM
hey Rob I'd like to help.

I'm the guy who was always bugging you for slim jims on a sunday!

Oh, I remember ya, hahaha! Glad to see you're still around. We have a Michigan meeting in May. I hope to see you there.

Gustogus
02-05-2008, 11:49 PM
I have a slight problem with some of their endorsed candidates.

Jim Demint is an extreme right wing conservative on social issues(Gays and single women shouldn't teach in public schools?) and has been a vocal supporter of the war, as has been John Ensign.

While they seem to both be fiscally conservative, I'm wary of the RLC's record in supporting candidates that may not hold true to a libertarian ideal.

Admittedly, some compromises must be made in the name of politics, but how much input does Dr. Paul still have in this group?

Cimbri
02-06-2008, 01:14 AM
Let's get all the Ron Paul Republicans running on board so we can have a "established? party structure to spring off from for all the congressional races.

Staynsane
02-06-2008, 01:49 AM

Thank you, and no it was not meant as a personal comment to you, Rob. The posts on your thread have been informative and inspiring, and I did not intend to misrepresent my thoughts :o

NewPatriot
02-06-2008, 09:45 AM
OK, so I have been reading all the posts in this thread and while a bit skeptical, I do have a question.

Suppose everything works perfectly and the RLC does manage to take over the Republican party, who's to say that the neocons that, let's face it, have a ton of money ,wont start a new party and squash the legitimacy of the Republican party throughout the media? Seems to me if this were to happen (hypothetically of course), why not just start a new party now (yes I understand the implications), but it appears that the Ron Paul supporters may be better organized than the RLC at the moment?

Rob
02-06-2008, 10:17 AM
OK, so I have been reading all the posts in this thread and while a bit skeptical, I do have a question.

Suppose everything works perfectly and the RLC does manage to take over the Republican party, who's to say that the neocons that, let's face it, have a ton of money ,wont start a new party and squash the legitimacy of the Republican party throughout the media? Seems to me if this were to happen (hypothetically of course), why not just start a new party now (yes I understand the implications), but it appears that the Ron Paul supporters may be better organized than the RLC at the moment?

A good question, however I don't think it's realistic to assume that anything we do will mean an absolute death to neo-conservatism. However, think about your scenario, our roles would be reversed. We would be the mainstream and they would be the "fringe." I'm sure that would make more than just a few of us smile!

Rob
02-06-2008, 10:20 AM
I have a slight problem with some of their endorsed candidates.

Jim Demint is an extreme right wing conservative on social issues(Gays and single women shouldn't teach in public schools?) and has been a vocal supporter of the war, as has been John Ensign.

While they seem to both be fiscally conservative, I'm wary of the RLC's record in supporting candidates that may not hold true to a libertarian ideal.

Admittedly, some compromises must be made in the name of politics, but how much input does Dr. Paul still have in this group?

I believe Demint failed to gain reendorsement in 2006 for the problems you just outlined. We do our best to endorse the right candidates, but politicians often change their voting (is that really news?) and when they deviate from libertarianism we do our best to "weed them out." Keep in mind though, we're just human beings running this and may make mistakes from time to time. The difference is that they're basically honest mistakes with us. not the Romney "oops I'm not really pro-choice I'm actually pro-life" types.

RPinSEAZ
02-06-2008, 10:28 AM

That all seems highly speculative except for the last part. Paul supporters are better organized than the RLC. We have the benefits of communication through this website, email lists and meetup groups. The RLC needs to move fast to bring in Ron Paul supporters before we start to fragment. Ideally, they should have been ready to move us into their group a month or two ago, but all is not lost. They need to move fast and work hard to setup a working message forum system at the absolute minimum.

The apparent lack of organization is currently why I have not worked on spreading the word to any of my contacts yet. As soon as they appear ready to do something, I'll start advertising as much as I can.

NewPatriot
02-06-2008, 10:32 AM
A good question, however I don't think it's realistic to assume that anything we do will mean an absolute death to neo-conservatism. However, think about your scenario, our roles would be reversed. We would be the mainstream and they would be the "fringe." I'm sure that would make more than just a few of us smile!

That's just my point, I don't see the death of the neo-conservative group, I actually see quite the contrary given their money and influence, and this was the point of my question.

I fear that given their influence they could be able to make the Republican party no longer *mainstream* and with their money and power could make whatever new party they create more legitimate than the RLC take over thus making the Republican party then *fringe*.

Furthermore, I see the possibility of them being able to capitalize on the successful creation of a third party in the media. The influence is there, just look at how successful they have been in making Bloomberg get attention for a possible independent run from pure speculation.

Not looking for an argument, just clarity and convincing.

Rob
02-06-2008, 10:46 AM
That's just my point, I don't see the death of the neo-conservative group, I actually see quite the contrary given their money and influence, and this was the point of my question.

I fear that given their influence they could be able to make the Republican party no longer *mainstream* and with their money and power could make whatever new party they create more legitimate than the RLC take over thus making the Republican party then *fringe*.

Furthermore, I see the possibility of them being able to capitalize on the successful creation of a third party in the media. The influence is there, just look at how successful they have been in making Bloomberg get attention for a possible independent run from pure speculation.

Speaking as someone who has spoken a bit to GOP leaders, ie state chairs and from speaking to people who have talked to the GOP leaders more than I have, the neo-cons are much weaker than you think they are.

The Neo-Cons DO NOT dominate the Republican party itself, they really only dominate the talking heads, i.e. Fox News, certain Radio hosts and a number of visible Senators, Reps, and some key white house appointments.

If we take over the party, they'll still have support, but it will be hugely diminished.

RPinSEAZ
02-06-2008, 10:46 AM

The Republican party has too much to lose by splitting itself. If they were to split, the Democrats would run away with every single election. The people in the party are pragmatists and realize, like we do, that this is a two party system and splitting the Republican vote would spell their demise.

We need to change the party from within by taking over the local parties and pushing candidates that fully support the constitution and small government.

Cleaner44
02-06-2008, 10:48 AM
Bump. This is how we take over the GOP!

This is how the Revolution will continue. I am really looking forward to Ron Paul's new book.

NewPatriot
02-06-2008, 11:12 AM
Rob and RPinSEAZ thanks for the feedback.

My skepticism comes from never being affiliated with a party, in fact I despise the party system with a passion, but that is a discussion for another time. However, I am more concerned these days about bringing liberty and freedom back to our lives.

So, I suspect that there are many out there like myself, that have only joined the Republican party to vote for Paul, so how do you propose keeping us involved with the RLC?

While my political leanings tend to be Libertarian, I am not very impressed with the Libertarian party. I have very rarely voted Republican (or Democrat) and have voted in every election since my first in '88. Oh, and I have never felt like I have "thrown" my vote away, rather vote for what I believe is right.

I was pleased to see that the recent Republicans I did vote for were on the RLC list, so that is a big plus. While I see much of what has been discussed regarding the RLC is in-line with my views, I really do have my concerns about being part of the GOP, and this is a sticking point with me and perhaps many...

You almost have me :)

Rob
02-06-2008, 11:21 AM
Rob and RPinSEAZ thanks for the feedback.

My skepticism comes from never being affiliated with a party, in fact I despise the party system with a passion, but that is a discussion for another time. However, I am more concerned these days about bringing liberty and freedom back to our lives.

So, I suspect that there are many out there like myself, that have only joined the Republican party to vote for Paul, so how do you propose keeping us involved with the RLC?

While my political leanings tend to be Libertarian, I am not very impressed with the Libertarian party. I have very rarely voted Republican (or Democrat) and have voted in every election since my first in '88. Oh, and I have never felt like I have "thrown" my vote away, rather vote for what I believe is right.

I was pleased to see that the recent Republicans I did vote for were on the RLC list, so that is a big plus. While I see much of what has been discussed regarding the RLC is in-line with my views, I really do have my concerns about being part of the GOP, and this is a sticking point with me and perhaps many...

You almost have me :)

If you're uncertain, then don't pay membership dues, but just sign up and donate a little time. Let us convince you this is the right way to go.

Ack
02-06-2008, 12:49 PM
Bump for liberty!

NoxTwilight
02-06-2008, 03:04 PM
I think the important thing to keep in mind is our ultimate goal and that is Ron in the White House or a Ron Paul Republican in 2012 and a congress and senate filled with as many Liberty minded people as we can get, as soon as we can get them in office.

With that said, we have to stop caring so much about the label and work within the foundations already in place. Why would be abandon these resources, however slim they might be at the moment to third party? Ron has already told us why we are not doing that. The systems is too bias and we have to work with what we have, from within.

This Caucus may be what we need to do that, now and especially in the future. I wish we would have known about this last year, many of us would have joined and perhaps would have been even more effective in converting the GOP base but that is moot now.

I will PM you Rob, specifically to get in touch with the California chapter. Their site is horrible, not even any contact information!

NoxTwilight
02-06-2008, 03:19 PM
If you're uncertain, then don't pay membership dues, but just sign up and donate a little time. Let us convince you this is the right way to go.

Hey Rob, Your message box is full - big surprise! PM me when you can.

RPinSEAZ
02-06-2008, 03:28 PM
I will PM you Rob, specifically to get in touch with the California chapter. Their site is horrible, not even any contact information!

I tried to get in touch with the Arizona chapter leader and they don't even have a webpage. The URL is parked. Someone get me in touch with this guy so I can put a page up for them.

NoxTwilight
02-06-2008, 03:40 PM
I tried to get in touch with the Arizona chapter leader and they don't even have a webpage. The URL is parked. Someone get me in touch with this guy so I can put a page up for them.

Yeah the CA Chapter hasn't been updated since Feb 2007 as far as I can tell. Not a good way to bring in new blood. I just signed up so hopefully that will get me in touch with someone.

Too much has fallen by the way side, we need to USE the resources we already have!

Rob
02-06-2008, 07:38 PM
Yeah the CA Chapter hasn't been updated since Feb 2007 as far as I can tell. Not a good way to bring in new blood. I just signed up so hopefully that will get me in touch with someone.

Too much has fallen by the way side, we need to USE the resources we already have!

I'll handle that if you don't get a response, just stay in touch with me.

As a project, I'm also looking for a web designer to either make or be the webmaster for our new Michigan page. Additionally, we'd like a template of sorts that can be used for every state that doesn't currently have an updated or robust website.

Knightskye
02-06-2008, 11:38 PM
Dude, Sam Brownback was endorsed by the RLC? How's this gonna work if pro-war people are gonna get in?

Rob
02-07-2008, 12:33 AM
Dude, Sam Brownback was endorsed by the RLC? How's this gonna work if pro-war people are gonna get in?

Not any more. I really should make this point in the original post, many of these guys were different before 9/11. Remember Bush, "humble foreign policy" etc. They got a free pass of sorts in 2004, but that didn't happen in 2006.

BuddyRey
02-07-2008, 01:31 AM
I'm not entirely sure about all the differences between levels, as I'm still relatively new. I'll get that information and post it here when I do.

Bump. Any updates?

P Campbell
02-07-2008, 06:34 AM
I'm a member, but I'm not sure it is that worthwhile when I look at their rankings of Congress. If I remember correctly, they had former MO Senator Jim Talent way up there in the rankings, which is pretty laughable. Talent rubber stamped all Bush policies. He only defected over immigration, and only did that because he was being hammered back home.

IMHO, RLC is concerned with business-friendly legislation, but turns a blind eye to everything else, much like the GOP as a whole.

CJLauderdale4
02-07-2008, 07:27 AM
I'm a member, but I'm not sure it is that worthwhile when I look at their rankings of Congress. If I remember correctly, they had former MO Senator Jim Talent way up there in the rankings, which is pretty laughable. Talent rubber stamped all Bush policies. He only defected over immigration, and only did that because he was being hammered back home.

IMHO, RLC is concerned with business-friendly legislation, but turns a blind eye to everything else, much like the GOP as a whole.

Good. Let's take over the RLC, AND the GOP at the same time!

In Broward County, FL, I've been to the Broward Republican Executive Committee meetings. If we had everyone in the combined 4 Broward meetups show up each month to the meetings, sign up as a Precinct Committeeman/woman, we could take the whole damn thing over!! We have more people in the RP meetups than people showing up to the BREC meetings.

If this could be done in Broward, I think we could do this all across the nation!!

Take over the GOP locally, and then set your sights for the State GOP party. Once all counties are represented by RP supporters, you can become the State GOP leaders.

Not to quote RATM, but it is possible to TAKE THE POWER BACK!

Rob
02-07-2008, 07:35 AM
Bump. Any updates?

People seem to be a little unclear and I've received slightly conflicting information. I'll be speaking with thee chairman of the national committee tonight, so I'll be back with a definitive answer soon.

Rob
02-07-2008, 07:39 AM

In Broward County, FL, I've been to the Broward Republican Executive Committee meetings. If we had everyone in the combined 4 Broward meetups show up each month to the meetings, sign up as a Precinct Committeeman/woman, we could take the whole damn thing over!! We have more people in the RP meetups than people showing up to the BREC meetings.

If this could be done in Broward, I think we could do this all across the nation!!

Take over the GOP locally, and then set your sights for the State GOP party. Once all counties are represented by RP supporters, you can become the State GOP leaders.

As I keep telling people

A) Look at the 2006 list of endorsements not the 2004. It has been considerably "cleaned up."
B) We're already in charge, we run the national committee and comprise nearly all the state leadership! We simply have a few neo-libertarians (not neo-cons, the neo-libs are nowhere near as bad), who are prevalent in a few states.

If you'd like a good "model" for how the state chapters work, look at the Texas. I think it will be pretty obvious who runs this organization and what our priorities are.

http://www.rlctexas.org/

newmedia4ron
02-07-2008, 12:19 PM
We must stay connected. Please bookmark some of these links:
http://www.libertyforest.com
http://www.paulcongress.com/
http://www.freeople.com/
http://www.ronpaulambassadors.com/
http://www.congressionalcoasttocoast.com/
http://libertyia.ning.com/
http://www.libertywarchest.com/
http://www.bringthemhome08.com/
Real ID links (http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=93827)
http://www.theadvocates.org/links.html
http://www.constitution.org/cs_organ.htm
http://www.geocities.com/fountoftruth/links.html
http://freedomkeys.com/morelinx.htm
http://www.ronpaullibrary.org/links.php
http://www.libertarianism.com/links.htm
http://www.conservativeusa.org/ritelink.htm
http://www.freedom21.com/freedomlinks.asp
http://www.newswithviews.com/links/links.htm
http://www.l4l.org/links/index.html
http://www.ronpaul.net/html/links.html
http://www.privacyrights.org/links.htm

Ryan Prasad
02-07-2008, 06:04 PM
Greetings from Tampa!

I am not sure whether I am going to remain in the party, as I am still trying to decide whether or not it is a lost cause, but nonetheless I have signed up for the newsletter. Good luck!

Rob
02-07-2008, 09:10 PM
Greetings from Tampa!

I am not sure whether I am going to remain in the party, as I am still trying to decide whether or not it is a lost cause, but nonetheless I have signed up for the newsletter. Good luck!

Thanks for coming aboard (at least tenatively). We believe that we are the way to go because we already have an established network and organization and can utilize the Republican party resources, instead wasting countless hours and effort on re-establishing those things for another party, i.e. ballot access, name recognition, etc.

billjarrett
02-07-2008, 10:20 PM
I just tried e-mailing our state contact listed at http://www.rlc.org/States/il/ and my e-mail got bounced. Haven't tried the number, but a bit late for that.

Is this still the contact for the state?

Rob
02-07-2008, 10:22 PM
I just tried e-mailing our state contact listed at http://www.rlc.org/States/il/ and my e-mail got bounced. Haven't tried the number, but a bit late for that.

Is this still the contact for the state?

I'm not sure, you should try contacting the IL group. I know it's active, though it has a fair chunk of neo-libertarians. I can explain what they are if you don't know.

billjarrett
02-07-2008, 10:29 PM
I'm not sure, you should try contacting the IL group. I know it's active, though it has a fair chunk of neo-libertarians. I can explain what they are if you don't know.

If not through that contact, how do I reach them?

As far as the neo-libertarians, maybe we can beef up their paleo population a bit.

If you can point me in a direction, I can try to see what troops we can rally.

Edit: Nevermind the contact info, found their yahoo group (helps if I read the whole page I guess). Any further advice?

Rob
02-07-2008, 10:41 PM
If not through that contact, how do I reach them?

As far as the neo-libertarians, maybe we can beef up their paleo population a bit.

If you can point me in a direction, I can try to see what troops we can rally.

Edit: Nevermind the contact info, found their yahoo group (helps if I read the whole page I guess). Any further advice?

Be polite to the neo-libs, they're much better than the neo-cons ;)!

Let them know you're there and let your voice be heard. We have many things planned, but much of that activity is taking a backseat to the Ron Paul campaign right now. I'm sure you can understand.

billjarrett
02-07-2008, 10:49 PM
Thanks, I will be polite to them. I'm usually a lurker at first, get a feel for the personalities and whats going on, not one to jump right into the fray.

The yahoo group will give me a good place to do that. Once I'm more comfortable with the lay of the land I'll say hello.

On the second prong of our effort here, we've got a small group probably heading out to the next county GOP meeting to get a feel for what goes on there too.

Rob
02-07-2008, 11:51 PM
Thanks, I will be polite to them. I'm usually a lurker at first, get a feel for the personalities and whats going on, not one to jump right into the fray.

The yahoo group will give me a good place to do that. Once I'm more comfortable with the lay of the land I'll say hello.

On the second prong of our effort here, we've got a small group probably heading out to the next county GOP meeting to get a feel for what goes on there too.

Sounds good. It seems like you're doing everything you should be. Just keep reminding everyone that Ron Paul has always said the movement is bigger than he is, and this is how we keep that movement alive.

literatim
02-08-2008, 02:02 AM
The RLC needs a serious shift into the digital age with a Web 2.0 layout and an online community. What they have now doesn't reflect the influx of young supporters that primarily use the internet. Until it does, it will not be as popular as it could be.

grizzums
02-08-2008, 02:12 AM
Are we to be certain that any $$ donated to this organization (100%) stays in this affiliate organization and supports (ONLY) candidates or events for candidates on this platform and NOT the current GOP platform? No money being funneled back to GOPHQ?

I am interested, but skeptically because I am SO disgusted with the GOP and Ive been with them my entire voting career. I signed up to the newsletter for now and will entertain a membership idea.....I just need to read more and think about it.

ChicagoLawyer
02-08-2008, 07:44 AM

The Illinois RLC has not been very active at all, but is planning on getting active now that the primary is over and the pro-Ron Paul and not so pro-Ron Paul people aren't at odds anymore. The Yahoo! list is the best place to get info, but a lot of what they do is just trade insults. I think there is a meeting on Saturday at the Lincoln Restaurant in Chicago (Irving Park and Lincoln aves) at 2. Also, on Sunday at 2 at the Lincoln there is the first meeting of Continuing Our R3VOLution, a group that has very similar goals to the RLC. Check us out at www.ourr3volution.com !

Rob
02-08-2008, 07:52 AM
Are we to be certain that any $$ donated to this organization (100%) stays in this affiliate organization and supports (ONLY) candidates or events for candidates on this platform and NOT the current GOP platform? No money being funneled back to GOPHQ?

I am interested, but skeptically because I am SO disgusted with the GOP and Ive been with them my entire voting career. I signed up to the newsletter for now and will entertain a membership idea.....I just need to read more and think about it.

I'm conducting the search for a new webmaster right now who will update it to a more so called "web 2.0" site.

On the funds, we don't give anything to the Republican party, we just use their influence, connections and ballot access. It's a very one-sided relationship; this listen to us, because they see as as legit Republicans, not just supporters of one candidate who will disappear after an election.

chiplitfam
02-08-2008, 07:54 AM
http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=115900

billjarrett
02-08-2008, 09:37 AM
http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=115900

I'm not one for leaving. We have to start at the bottom (local) and work our way up. We need precinct committeemen, chairmen, etc at the local level. Everything grows from there from what I can tell.

The Republican party is weak right now, and with a well organized countrywide effort at the local level it should be easier to take than leaving and starting a new one.

At least that's what I'm seeing so far, I'll know more in a month or two.

Edit: By the way, although Dr. Paul agrees with some of the Constitution party platform, I REALLY don't think that's where he wants to be. Libertarians are closer, but he doesn't have 100% support because of some of his views on things like immigration. Believe it or not, if you look historically, Ron Paul is the only Republican running. The neo-cons haven't been in power all that long, and it's time for them to go.

thewolf7=1976
02-08-2008, 09:54 AM
Hey Rob,

I sent you an email and I also subscribed to the newsletter. Check my email and get back with me.

thanks,

Charles S.
Savannah,GA

ronpaulhawaii
02-08-2008, 10:04 AM
They won't let go that easily. Don't rule out a landslide loss as a planned maneuver.

+1

+1

Wheel spinning imho!

We don't have to convert anyone, we can overwhelm them...

... and I ALWAYS suspect posters who refer to postcounts as some kind of gauge.

I would expect them to become more cautious about us as we grow. However, one key detail is that they us see as "legitimate" more so than an unaffiliated Ron Paul supporter. They understand we're voting Republicans and that we will take action if marginalized and ignored. They tend to think that they can marginalize Ron Paul supporters and need not worry as much because they expect them to disband. They understand that whatever they do to us, they will have to answer for because we're not going anywhere

+1

If the GOP had there pick, they would prefer we abandon our efforts to take over the party and waste our time with the Libertarian Party or Constitution Party.

Yes, they have every reason to be frightened by our growing movement.

and I am so looking forward to that.

Speaking as someone who has spoken a bit to GOP leaders, ie state chairs and from speaking to people who have talked to the GOP leaders more than I have, the neo-cons are much weaker than you think they are.

The Neo-Cons DO NOT dominate the Republican party itself, they really only dominate the talking heads, i.e. Fox News, certain Radio hosts and a number of visible Senators, Reps, and some key white house appointments.

If we take over the party, they'll still have support, but it will be hugely diminished.

+1

+1

Hhhmmmmm...

billjarrett
02-09-2008, 10:57 AM
Hmm.. Some maybe not so encouraging news here.

Looking at our precincts, it looks like they keep them all filled here. Even if they have to appoint someone from out of precinct:

http://www.co.lake.il.us/cntyclk/elections/candservices/precinctcommitteemen.asp

Also, seems to be some turmoil here, at least a year and a half ago or so:

http://weblog.vernongop.org/2006/11/14/i-agree-with-dan-venturi-about-the-republican-platform.aspx

Anyone know anything about the RALC http://www.ralc.net/ as far as where they stand politically? From what I can make of the weblog, they have different opinions than the board and theres (or was) some problem there. I can't really figure it out from the weblog, because they claim "Republican principles".. which is something both a neoconservative and a paleolibertarian could really try to claim and make a case for.

steph3n
02-09-2008, 11:03 AM
Great idea. I like Libertarianism (besides the 'open borders for all' policy). We can all support the RLC.

There is the New American Whig party.

http://www.whigs.us/

WHY open the Whigs back up, part of their party platform was the central bank!!!!

steph3n
02-09-2008, 11:09 AM
look what i found!!

http://www.rlctexas.org/index.html

Cool site, I know who to check out for some state positions now :D

IcyPeaceMaker
02-09-2008, 03:12 PM
Ron Paul was the head of this org awhile back:
JOIN UP, let's get it done!

IcyPeaceMaker
02-09-2008, 03:46 PM
I already joined.

Sign the pledge: NO MCCAIN! http://www.gopteaparty.com/

Crickett
02-09-2008, 06:05 PM
I want to know why they are not sending bucks to RP's congressional campaign. Do we have to do EVERYTHING?

Rob
02-09-2008, 06:28 PM
I want to know why they are not sending bucks to RP's congressional campaign. Do we have to do EVERYTHING?

We have previously. However, the endorsements have not been finalized for the 2008 cycle. I'm virtually certain we'll be cutting his Congressional campaign a check soon! You can check with our Texas branch for more information.

LibertyEagle
02-10-2008, 04:03 AM
bump

JS4Pat
02-19-2008, 01:50 PM
I joined the RLC and am in agreement with those who say this is the most logical vehicle for the continuation of the R[EVOL]UTION.

Many of the Northeast Florida Ron Paul supporters are getting ready to move in this direction.

I have some questions about organizing...

1. Is there any effort underway to standardize the organizational structure nationwide?

(Do we form individual clubs by counties, cities, regions, precincts?)

(Are there official positions within each entity? - President, VP Treasurer. And if so, are the roles and responsibilties already documented somewhere?)

(What online tools are we going to use? - Rename Meetup Groups, stand alone State websites? Databases for tracking member contact info?)

2. How do we go about possibly defining/redefining the RLC Mission Statement & Goals so that they are more inline with the agenda of the Ron Paul Revolution?

(Running Strict Constitutionlist Candidates)

(Return to a Non-Inteventionist Foreign Policy)

(Ending the IRS)

(Ending the Federal Reserve)

(Ending the War on Drugs)

(Fighting for Civil Liberties)

(Opting out of Social Security)

I just want to avoid many different people around the country re-inventing the wheel. I also don't want to see RP Supporters splintering off into different groups essentially trying to acomplish the same things.

Is this going to be THE VEHICLE for advancing the R[EVOL]UTION?

JS4Pat
02-19-2008, 02:01 PM
bump for input

beachmaster
02-19-2008, 02:19 PM
I joined the RLC and am in agreement with those who say this is the most logical vehicle for the continuation of the R[EVOL]UTION.

Many of the Northeast Florida Ron Paul supporters are getting ready to move in this direction.

I have some questions about organizing...

1. Is there any effort underway to standardize the organizational structure nationwide?

(Do we form individual clubs by counties, cities, regions, precincts?)

(Are there official positions within each entity? - President, VP Treasurer. And if so, are the roles and responsibilties already documented somewhere?)

(What online tools are we going to use? - Rename Meetup Groups, stand alone State websites? Databases for tracking member contact info?)

2. How do we go about possibly defining/redefining the RLC Mission Statement & Goals so that they are more inline with the agenda of the Ron Paul Revolution?

(Running Strict Constitutionlist Candidates)

(Return to a Non-Inteventionist Foreign Policy)

(Ending the IRS)

(Ending the Federal Reserve)

(Ending the War on Drugs)

(Fighting for Civil Liberties)

(Opting out of Social Security)

I just want to avoid many different people around the country re-inventing the wheel. I also don't want to see RP Supporters splintering off into different groups essentially trying to acomplish the same things.

Is this going to be THE VEHICLE for advancing the R[EVOL]UTION?

I'd like the answers to those questions as well. We are starting a chapter in Bay County FL, and I see on the Tallahassee meetup that they are also starting one. We want to get together with all Ron Paul meetups in NW Fla to work together on this. But those are some great questions. I'd say that each group can probably set some of their own standards as far as keeping in line with Ron Paul's standards. We, the individuals who make up the local chapter will determine what it is we stand for, and who we reach out to.

As to offices, the guy who actually took the bull by the horns in our area says we will have a chairman, vice chair, secretary, and treasurer. I don't know if that is mandated by the larger organization or not. Probably is.

BuddyRey
02-19-2008, 02:31 PM
As of yesterday, I am an official, dues-paying member of the RLC! :D

JS4Pat
02-19-2008, 02:32 PM
I'd like the answers to those questions as well. We are starting a chapter in Bay County FL, and I see on the Tallahassee meetup that they are also starting one. We want to get together with all Ron Paul meetups in NW Fla to work together on this. But those are some great questions. I'd say that each group can probably set some of their own standards as far as keeping in line with Ron Paul's standards. We, the individuals who make up the local chapter will determine what it is we stand for, and who we reach out to.

As to offices, the guy who actually took the bull by the horns in our area says we will have a chairman, vice chair, secretary, and treasurer. I don't know if that is mandated by the larger organization or not. Probably is.

Great - Glad to hear this is happening in Florida.

I'm hoping this is going to be THE PLAN nationally for moving the RP Revolution forward. Not that I'm opposed to going in a different direction - I just want to make sure whatever we do maximizes our effectiveness.

And again - I think some degree of standardization of the structure up front might save a lot of time and some headaches down the road. Think about the shortcomings we had with the Meetup Structure when it came to communication.

And if every new RLC group is having to create their own leadership structure and define their own roles & responsibilities - well I think a lot of time will be wasted. We need a template/instructions for any Meetup Group interested in becoming a RLC Group...

beachmaster
02-19-2008, 03:07 PM
Great - Glad to hear this is happening in Florida.

I'm hoping this is going to be THE PLAN nationally for moving the RP Revolution forward. Not that I'm opposed to going in a different direction - I just want to make sure whatever we do maximizes our effectiveness.

And again - I think some degree of standardization of the structure up front might save a lot of time and some headaches down the road. Think about the shortcomings we had with the Meetup Structure when it came to communication.

And if every new RLC group is having to create their own leadership structure and define their own roles & responsibilities - well I think a lot of time will be wasted. We need a template/instructions for any Meetup Group interested in becoming a RLC Group...

Agreed. I believe either the national or state RLC organizations have such a template.

ronpaulhawaii
02-19-2008, 04:13 PM
I haven't joined yet but agree it is an existing wing just waiting for people like us

spacehabitats
02-19-2008, 04:44 PM
This is exactly the kind of stuff we need. People with a knee jerk reaction against the Republican party need to get over it.
WE are going to be running the GOP if we do this right, and if you think that will be too hard, try starting a new 3rd party from scratch.

I too have been worried sick about all you good people fragmenting into a thousand tiny ineffectual little groups or just crawling back into your isolated holes. We must not let that happen. I just started another thread that nobody will read about freedomforceinternational.org which is another institution that has been around for awhile.
I still think people should look into that since it is in complete harmony with Ron Paul and the RLC.

There is no danger of fragmentation since joining and becoming an active participant in RLC is what FFI encourages and tries to facilitate. One advantage of joining FFI as well is that it could act as a political/idealogical/moral compass, keeping our movement from "losing its way".
Please check out this video and website.

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-6081639633877989595

http://www.freedomforceinternational.org/

JS4Pat
02-20-2008, 03:10 PM
We probably need a short but powerful video presentation as a recruiting (educational) tool for when we get the opportunity to present the RLC to groups or to use for guests who attend our meetings. Something along the lines of A New Hope - but not focused on Ron Paul. Something that gets people "alarmed" but doesn't go too far down the road on topics like the CFR and MSM conspiracy. Something that peaks people's interest in wanting to learn more.

What are your thoughts?

dirknb@hotmail.com
02-20-2008, 04:37 PM
The RLC can be a very effective tool for the cause of freedom within the Republican Party, if enough people participate. I highly recommend joining.

NoxTwilight
02-20-2008, 06:40 PM
I am sharing this with all the meet up groups that I can in the hopes of more people seeing it is our best hope to consolidate our numbers to keep our power while using established political structure and resources that we would be stupid to not utilize. To those that want third parties to be respected and given more chances I say - Sure - we all would love that but how many battles do we want to fight at one time? We are on the way to loosing most of our liberties!! We cannot wait!

I commend people for all the great idea's, projects, web site etc. that have been started but it thins us out too much and that will only work against us and make it easier for the establishment to discount us and call us crazy. This organization will give us solid strength and respectability.

newyearsrevolution08
02-22-2008, 07:23 AM
So how up to date is this RLC and is it ready and capable of expanding and moving with the times? Everything just seems outdated and or under budgeted. Odds are I will assume it is simply just a overly simple web design and very old updates on the state/candidate pages?

I see this being a great thing BUT want to make sure it is WITH the times so to speak? I think this would be the best vehicle to get things moving in the right direction as long as those who are running it get it in gear with a solid framework online for growth to happen.

angelatc
02-22-2008, 07:52 AM

That's not true at all. It was the Republicans that ended slavery and segregation, and that's just for starts. You can't really call today's Republicans conservative.

JS4Pat
02-22-2008, 08:24 AM
So how up to date is this RLC and is it ready and capable of expanding and moving with the times? Everything just seems outdated and or under budgeted. Odds are I will assume it is simply just a overly simple web design and very old updates on the state/candidate pages?

I see this being a great thing BUT want to make sure it is WITH the times so to speak? I think this would be the best vehicle to get things moving in the right direction as long as those who are running it get it in gear with a solid framework online for growth to happen.

I don't think it is up WITH the times which I believe is a blessing for us. When we infuse 100,000 new Ron Paul Republicans and begin converting thousands of Meetup Groups into county RLC Clubs - WE BECOME THE RLC. We hold a convention and make the RLC Platform mirror Ron Paul's presidential platform. (i.e. Non-Interventionist Foreign Policy, Ending the IRS, Abolishing the Federal Reserve System, Sound Monetary System etc.)

Think of it as step 1 in taking over the Republican Party. This is where we build and train our army!

However, we all need to be in on this. Ron Paul needs to announce that this is THE VEHICLE for the future of the r[3vol]ution.

Think about what we can turn this thing into when we unleash the creative, the passionate and tech savy elements of our movement! (The Money Bombs, The YouTube Videos, The Blimp, Ron Paul Racing, Revolution March, Break the Matrix)

We will Win!

I mentioned this previously in this thread...
I think we need to have a 5 - 10 minute powerful video (YouTube and DVD) to use as a marketing tool and an introduction to our movement. Something along the lines of "A New Hope" or "Stop Dreaming" but not focused on Ron Paul - focused on the message.

Vooch
02-22-2008, 12:21 PM
"I don't think it is up WITH the times which I believe is a blessing for us. When we infuse 100,000 new Ron Paul Republicans and begin converting thousands of Meetup Groups into county RLC Clubs - WE BECOME THE RLC."

serious bump

ronpaulhawaii
02-22-2008, 03:19 PM
I don't think it is up WITH the times which I believe is a blessing for us. When we infuse 100,000 new Ron Paul Republicans and begin converting thousands of Meetup Groups into county RLC Clubs - WE BECOME THE RLC. We hold a convention and make the RLC Platform mirror Ron Paul's presidential platform. (i.e. Non-Interventionist Foreign Policy, Ending the IRS, Abolishing the Federal Reserve System, Sound Monetary System etc.)

Think of it as step 1 in taking over the Republican Party. This is where we build and train our army!

However, we all need to be in on this. Ron Paul needs to announce that this is THE VEHICLE for the future of the r[3vol]ution.

Think about what we can turn this thing into when we unleash the creative, the passionate and tech savy elements of our movement! (The Money Bombs, The YouTube Videos, The Blimp, Ron Paul Racing, Revolution March, Break the Matrix)

We will Win!

I mentioned this previously in this thread...
I think we need to have a 5 - 10 minute powerful video (YouTube and DVD) to use as a marketing tool and an introduction to our movement. Something along the lines of "A New Hope" or "Stop Dreaming" but not focused on Ron Paul - focused on the message.

((((BUMP)))))

lastnymleft
03-02-2008, 05:52 PM
A worthy thread to bump

sluggo
03-04-2008, 04:04 PM
A great idea. I'm joining.

porcupine
03-04-2008, 07:56 PM
I heard about this on Free Talk Live! Great organization!

brianewart
03-04-2008, 10:36 PM
The RLC is a scam to turn libertarians into partisan Republicans. Screw that. I'll vote for the GOP when they give me a small-government Goldwater-Conservative.

Besides, it's associated with that Dondero fellow who spends his days endorsing non-libertarian candidates and trying to kill Ron Paul's campaign.

Brown Sapper
03-04-2008, 10:47 PM
Man this should of came out when our forum was at full speed. Anywho Bump

porcupine
03-04-2008, 11:15 PM
The RLC is a scam to turn libertarians into partisan Republicans. Screw that. I'll vote for the GOP when they give me a small-government Goldwater-Conservative.

Besides, it's associated with that Dondero fellow who spends his days endorsing non-libertarian candidates and trying to kill Ron Paul's campaign.

Who cares about parties? Where anyone else would see a 99% friend, a libertarian will see a 1% enemy. :rolleyes:

Ron Paul endorsed the RLC, and he believes in the organization. He's a member himself.

torchbearer
03-04-2008, 11:25 PM
This is exactly the kind of stuff we need. People with a knee jerk reaction against the Republican party need to get over it.
WE are going to be running the GOP if we do this right, and if you think that will be too hard, try starting a new 3rd party from scratch.

I too have been worried sick about all you good people fragmenting into a thousand tiny ineffectual little groups or just crawling back into your isolated holes. We must not let that happen. I just started another thread that nobody will read about freedomforceinternational.org which is another institution that has been around for awhile.
I still think people should look into that since it is in complete harmony with Ron Paul and the RLC.

There is no danger of fragmentation since joining and becoming an active participant in RLC is what FFI encourages and tries to facilitate. One advantage of joining FFI as well is that it could act as a political/idealogical/moral compass, keeping our movement from "losing its way".
Please check out this video and website.

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-6081639633877989595

http://www.freedomforceinternational.org/

i'm thinking about joining... money has been the issue holding me back...

Don Wills
03-06-2008, 05:26 PM
Besides, it's [the RLC] associated with that Dondero fellow who spends his days endorsing non-libertarian candidates and trying to kill Ron Paul's campaign.

Eric Dondero falsely claims to have been a founder of the RLC many years ago.
It is provable fact that he has not been associated with the RLC for many years.
Check out your state's RLC chapter - some are infiltrated with neo-cons, but
others are really strong Constitutionalist ala RP. Don't make blanket statements
that you can't back up with facts.

torchbearer
03-06-2008, 05:38 PM
Eric Dondero falsely claims to have been a founder of the RLC many years ago.
It is provable fact that he has not been associated with the RLC for many years.
Check out your state's RLC chapter - some are infiltrated with neo-cons, but
others are really strong Constitutionalist ala RP. Don't make blanket statements
that you can't back up with facts.

The members in Louisiana are good guys.

spacehabitats
03-06-2008, 06:00 PM
That is one reason why the Freedom Force International is designed is to be a non-pyramidal organization. In fact it is one of the principals of FFI that they ASSUME that leaders will become corrupted and try to lead the members astray.

Quoting from their Code of Conduct:

"4. Don’t trust your leaders. That applies to Freedom Force as well as in politics. Don’t expect them to be saints. Most of them are corruptible under the right circumstances. Your job is to watch them like a hawk. Don’t let them violate the Creed or this Code of Conduct. Call attention to their errors, when necessary. If violations are serious, mobilize the power to remove them."

The same should go for the RLC, but that should not dissuade us from joining, unless there is evidence that it is already irredeemably corrupt.

angelatc
03-10-2008, 02:36 PM
The members in Louisiana are good guys.

The group was largely neocons in Chicago, but the Ron Paul people have joined and are really making it quite bearable.

Tarzan
03-10-2008, 06:30 PM
Take a good look at their board... then take a look at the candidates they promoted for 2006... there is a long list of people I would not support... plus, they do not appear to have a slate or recommendations for 2008.

Finally, this is NOT the liberty pac RP mentioned in his last announcement... though the liberty pac and FREE website appear to be extremely outdated and have no current information.

Decide for your self... but have a look around first.

JS4Pat
03-11-2008, 01:57 PM
Take a good look at their board... then take a look at the candidates they promoted for 2006... there is a long list of people I would not support... plus, they do not appear to have a slate or recommendations for 2008.
That would all change if the force of our movement got behind this. You essentially have the ship built - we just need a crew. The PAC is already established and the group is recognized by the GOP as a legitimate Republican Club. This thing could be an unstoppable juggernaut within the Republican Party. I'm a firm believer this is where the army could be recruited, trained and positioned for the eventual TAKE OVER of the GOP.

BuddyRey
03-11-2008, 07:34 PM
I have a question for anyone here who represents the RLC in an official capacity;

I just joined the RLC, haven't even gotten my first mailings or newsletter yet, and am not in any way a representative of the group, but I'm interested in starting a Meetup group in my area. Would this kind of bottom-up participation (like with the Ron Paul movement) be encouraged by RLC leadership, or would I be illegitimately representing the organization/stepping out of line? Should I leave a leadership role to someone more experienced with the RLC, or is the whole thing really as "user-generated" and grab-n-growl as it seems?

IDefendThePlatform
03-11-2008, 07:37 PM
I have a question for anyone here who represents the RLC in an official capacity;

I just joined the RLC, haven't even gotten my first mailings or newsletter yet, and am not in any way a representative of the group, but I'm interested in starting a Meetup group in my area. Would this kind of bottom-up participation (like with the Ron Paul movement) be encouraged by RLC leadership, or would I be illegitimately representing the organization/stepping out of line? Should I leave a leadership role to someone more experienced with the RLC, or is the whole thing really as "user-generated" and grab-n-growl as it seems?

I think forming an RLC meetup group is great idea. I signed up on meetup.com to be notified if one forms in my area. Right now there are 4 of us who are interested.

I also signed up for the RLC Iowa email list. I'm hoping to use it to send and receive info about upcoming votes, bills, writing my congressman, etc...

Aratus
03-12-2008, 08:40 AM
this deserves further meantion and attention!

angelatc
03-12-2008, 09:38 AM

Finally, this is NOT the liberty pac RP mentioned in his last announcement... though the liberty pac and FREE website appear to be extremely outdated and have no current information.

Decide for your self... but have a look around first.

Look at the list or members. Paul is on it.

I do agree that they seem to have wandered from their ideals. A good many of them support the war, largely and simply because a majority of Republicans support the war. They won't bend on that issue because they presume it that any candidate who wants to "cut and run" (gag) won't get the Republican vote.

The Illinois group isn't an official chapter. They have a Yahoo! groups list , which I much prefer to Meet Up's structure, and they opened a forum on http://www.rlcil.org/ too.

If you live in an area that doesn't have a Chapter, I'll bet National would be thrilled to have you organize one.

Bern
03-12-2008, 10:26 AM
I subscribed to the national newsletter after reading the OP. Thanks.

The OP's PM box is full.

JS4Pat
03-12-2008, 02:34 PM

I joined last summer and never received a phone call, welcome e-mail, welcome letter, membership card or anything acknowleding the fact that I paid $30 to join the group.

This is good and bad.

It is bad because it demonstrates the group lacks leadership and organization. But it is good because with our numbers we have the opportunity to be that LEADERSHIP & ORGANIZATION.

beachmaster
03-12-2008, 03:32 PM
I finally joined today. A couple of guys from our local meetup has joined the state board and even already went to a state meeting (see article below, from http://www.rlcfl.org (http://www.rlcfl.org/)). Knowing two of my local Ron Paul supporters who are now board members inspired me to go ahead and sign up. Maybe together we can work together for peace, prosperity, and liberty! They are definitely taking note of the new Paulite blood being interjected in, as is our local GOP here in Bay County (last night at Bay GOP round table meeting, special notice and applause was given to all the Ron Paul supporters joining their ranks). We are making a difference! We are being heard!

RLCFL state board expands along with the RLC

After the Florida primary, the Ron Paul for president campaign was largely finished, but many supporters of Dr. Paul's limited government message are not. And now they have found a new vehicle for their activism -- the RLC of Florida!

http://www.rlcfl.org/SmithEngleBurden.jpg http://www.rlcfl.org/NickShermanKatieChris.jpg

Steven Talcott Smith,Woody Engle, Steve Burden, Nick Egoroff, Nick Sherman, Katie Luck and Chris Dillard at the March 1 RLCFL strategy meeting in Kissimmee

Several of the key organizers of Florida Ron Paul Meetups -- the volunteer network that coordinated support for Paul's candidacy -- have joined the state board that runs the RLC in the state. Six new board members were voted in so far in 2008, including Will Pitts of Jacksonville, Steven Talcott Smith of Boca Raton, Nicholas Egoroff of Orlando, Eric Wall of Panama City, Christopher Dillard of Gainesville and Woody Engle of Naples.

http://www.rlcfl.org/EricWall_WoodyEngle.jpg http://www.rlcfl.org/RBLee.jpg

Eric Wall and R.B. Lee

Geographically, the new board represents far greater coverage of the state, providing leadership in areas of the state with historically little RLC activism, including the Panhandle.

At a meeting in Kissimmee on March 1, the new and existing board members discussed strategy and set priorities for the year. At the top of the list were the lobbying trip to Tallahassee March 25-26, informing Ron Paul supporters about the RLC and recruiting and aiding candidates for both county Republican Executive Committees and public offices. There was also discussion of the creation of a Florida PAC and the creation of a campaign school program.

spacehabitats
03-13-2008, 09:54 AM
bump

JS4Pat
04-30-2008, 06:46 PM
We will be having our first "Northeast Florida RLC" meeting Tuesday, May 6th!

A Ron Paul Meetup Member created the following YouTube Video in hopes of recruiting RP supporters into this new organization:

http://youtube.com/watch?v=eGeY3Rzd4WE

I am posting our invite information to hopefully inspire others to move in this direction...

What: Republican Liberty Caucus of NEFL

When: Tuesday, May 6, 6:30 PM

Where: The Training Room of WG Pitts Office Complex

Who should come:
Anyone concerned about the economy, civil liberties, and the up-coming elections and patriots looking for the inspiration to forge on.

Why:
It's time to act. You must be involved and stay involved in order to truly preserve liberty. However, your main priority should be coming together to socialize, have a good time, and possibly learn a thing or two.

Meeting Description:
After much consideration, we are continuing the quest for individual freedom, limited government, and principled prosperity through the Republican Liberty Caucus. Like many of you, we have realized that deciding where to start has been nearly impossible. So it is with this very daunting task that we offer the Republican Liberty Caucus of Northeast Florida as a place for the Ron Paul Revolution and Enlightenment to continue.

We are planning to meet on the first Tuesday of every month.

Our first Meeting will be held in the Training Room of the WG Pitts Office Complex this Tuesday, May 6th from 6:30pm to 8:00pm.

If you are not familiar with the RLC please visit the RLC of Florida website at:

http://www.rlcfl.org/

And the National RLC site:

We are currently working on all the particulars associated with launching RLC of NEFL, and have big plans but many jobs that need your help and input.

During this meeting we will be tending to such organizational tasks, as well as, providing an opportunity for interested members to work on various committees.

We will unveil some of our future plans and actions necessary to become more effective in our communities and parties. (All persons are welcome at these meetings including Democrats, Libertarians, and especially Constitutionalists!!) There are several areas and capacities with which all liberty lovers can be effective through the RLC.

We know that in order to win you must play by the "rules". Therefore, we will be devoting a portion of our time understanding various procedures, rules and by-laws by which we must operate, to effectively communicate ideas and information.

We also plan to have a guest speaker, Lake Ray, a Republican Candidate for Florida House of Representatives.

Don't be discouraged, though we must attend to some business, remember it will be informative business, and there will be plenty of room for our usual amount of socializing.

We will also have information regarding the RLC National Convention, as well as information on the upcoming March in DC on July 12th.

What are you willing to do for liberty? Are two hours a month too much?

We must be compelled to be part of history, otherwise we are simply a forgotten tale.

Please watch our new groups first YouTube Video:
http://youtube.com/watch?v=eGeY3Rzd4WE

Link to Membership Application:
http://ronpaulsupporters.camp7.org/DocumentHandler.ashx?DocId=11057

Link to Proposed Marketing Brochure:
http://ronpaulsupporters.camp7.org/DocumentHandler.ashx?DocId=11056

Please reply to this email to RSVP. We would like to have a general head count for accommodations, snacks, drinks etc.