PDA

View Full Version : What does Ron Paul have to say about killing?

TheTruth
02-04-2008, 02:13 PM
Ok, I was debating with my friend. He absolutely hates Ron Paul. He says that Ron Paul would allow people to do mindless killing because its not in the constitution.

Any help?

Akus
02-04-2008, 02:15 PM
He is the one that needs help if you ask me.

brandon
02-04-2008, 02:15 PM
what?? Do you mean that your friend thinks Paul wants to legalize murder???

TER
02-04-2008, 02:16 PM
Ron Paul believes in freedom, but not at the expense of someone else's freedom (especially their freedom to live).

Austin
Ron Paul is against the death penalty, so of course he wants people to go around killing.

Ron Paul has a strong stance against violence in any context, your friend is a dumbass. Why is he your friend?

TheTruth
No he thinks that Ron Paul would be for it, since it doesnt mention it in the constitution.

TER
02-04-2008, 02:17 PM
The people who hate Ron Paul are the same ones who live their lives in fear. If you have faith in truth, there is no reason to fear ANYTHING!

specsaregood
02-04-2008, 02:18 PM
No he thinks that Ron Paul would be for it, since it doesnt mention it in the constitution.

Sounds like your friend is just screwing with you, or he is a moron. If the latter, then find a new friend.

BillyDkid
02-04-2008, 02:18 PM
Ron is against killing and your friend is, apparently, an idiot.

spudea
02-04-2008, 02:19 PM
Protecting life is in the constitution. Ron Paul is pro-life and is 100% against abortion (mindless killling).

BillyDkid
02-04-2008, 02:19 PM
Trying logic now - if Ron is for the protection of civil liberties it follows that he opposes murder.

dreicher
02-04-2008, 02:20 PM
Tell your friend that he would then be allowed to kill, because he is obviously "mindless".

Seriously - prohibiting murder is not unconstitutional. You need to find smarter friends. The Constitution is the supreme law of the land. That does not mean that laws that do not subvert or contradict The Constitution are not allowed.

OrbitalGun
02-04-2008, 02:20 PM
Why is he your friend? +911

Cleaner44
02-04-2008, 02:21 PM
Ok, I was debating with my friend. He absolutely hates Ron Paul. He says that Ron Paul would allow people to do mindless killing because its not in the constitution.

Any help?

You really need to find some new friends. I suggest you lookup donors to Ron Paul in your zip code.

Airborn
you mean to tell me, you can't come up with an answer to that?? You have to post that here...

homah
ron paul is for property rights. your body is your property. why am i even responding to this thread?

btw, this kid sounds like he'd ask me why i don't rob banks since i'm an atheist.

MoneyWhereMyMouthIs2
02-04-2008, 02:22 PM

Any help?

Find new friends. That argument is not worth responding to. I don't know what else to say.

rocketless
02-04-2008, 02:23 PM
Laws are issued by states and cities so Ron Paul would not have control over those types of situations. Tell your friend he/she needs to learn more about his/her government before he/she makes a decision.

dreicher
02-04-2008, 02:24 PM
Also, make sure you explain to your friend that murder is a state crime (except in specific cases) - AS DESIGNED BY THE CONSTITUTION.

BLS
02-04-2008, 02:25 PM
PEOPLE......good God.

He's a TROLL!! He only posted twice in this thread and only 32 posts overall.

I suggest we STOP responding to these morons. That's how they keep us from doing our JOBS of spreading the word.

Stay on task, please.

JMann
02-04-2008, 02:26 PM

First of all your friend is apparently an idiot. Secondly when listening to Paul talk about baby murder he speaks of the fact that all violent crime is prosecuted at state level and abortion would also be a violent crime to be prosecuted at the state level.

When someone is charged with murder (killing is different) the person is goes to state court not federal court. I'm not even sure if there is a federal law against murder right now.

BTW let you friend know that killing is perfectly acceptable in our society for self-defense or in some state the death penalty. Murder is never allowed and the Biblical commandment in original text reads "Thou shalt not murder" not the more elementary use of the term "Thou shalt not kill". The Bible is all about some good killings when God says do it.

TheTruth
02-04-2008, 02:29 PM
He is just being an idiot right now, i said you have your own individual rights.

No, Im not a troll, this is real.

Eponym_mi
02-04-2008, 02:31 PM
Murder is a state crime. If he is worried about this, he should contact his state officials.

LibertyEagle
02-04-2008, 02:34 PM

Murder is handled at the state level. Sadly, all too many Americans have been propagandized to believe that everything must be handled at the federal level. That is not how our country was designed to work. The majority of powers were to reside with the states and the people, respectively. The federal government was actually designed to be the weakest link in the chain and restricted to doing only a few things.

LukeNM
02-04-2008, 02:54 PM
From the Declaration of Independence

We hold these truths to be self–evident,
That all men are created equal,
That they are endowed by their Creator
with certain unalienable Rights,
That among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness.–

CopperheadNC
02-04-2008, 02:59 PM
Tell your friend that he makes a very convincing argument, then walk into your kitchen to grab a big chef's knife. Walk towards him slowly with a crazed look in your eyes. When he runs out the door screaming, you will be better off for having lost your stupidest friend.

andy mcdee
02-04-2008, 03:04 PM
I would guess your friend is thinking about genocides in lets say Africa?

roXet
02-04-2008, 03:12 PM

Any help?

tell your friend he is an idiot if he thinks *anyone* would advocate rampant murder. Then find a new friend.

Mark
02-04-2008, 03:45 PM

Any help?

Get a new friend. Anyone that clueless is obviously bringing down your IQ when you're around them.

Serious answer:

There's a new video that, at the end, shows Ron in Congress saying " Blessed are the Peacemakers".

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d3s6Ach9XI4

He's for PEACE and living life free, not war and the killing of innocent people that's involved in it.

It even relates in a way to his environmental stance, no one has the right to pollute another's property,
and no one has the right to deny another's life, as in murder.

PimpBlimp
02-04-2008, 03:49 PM
You should tell your friend he is too ignorant to vote.

danberkeley
02-04-2008, 04:31 PM

Any help?

murder is a state issue. the federal government has nothing to do with it. this is
why some states have the death penalty and others do not. your friend is an idiot
for not knowing the difference between the state government and the federal government.

danberkeley
02-04-2008, 04:34 PM
PEOPLE......good God.

He's a TROLL!! He only posted twice in this thread and only 32 posts overall.

I suggest we STOP responding to these morons. That's how they keep us from doing our JOBS of spreading the word.

Stay on task, please.

what r u talking about? i love these posts. it gets me prep'ed and keeps me on my feet for when i really have to defend RP, the Constitution and so on.

danberkeley
02-04-2008, 04:36 PM
You should tell your friend he is too ignorant to vote.

he should tell his friend that voting is anachronistic, out-dated, and open to interpretation, therefore, he should not vote.

TheTruth
02-04-2008, 06:39 PM
Yeah, I proved the point in the constituion, and now he shut up about that...

But now he is saying that there is no way he can get rid of the IRS, because congress wouldn't allow that.

I'm not a troll, i just need help combating these issues.

Soccrmastr
02-04-2008, 06:42 PM
Get a new friend. The guy is a fucking idiot.