PDA

View Full Version : The Conservative Voice lying about Dr. Paul

Join The Paul Side
02-04-2008, 01:57 PM
Take a look at this tripe written today by The Conservative Voice

"Unfortunately, Ron Paul’s foreign policy is nearly identical to that of the Democrats and would be a total disaster for the country. At least the Democrats would leave some troops overseas to protect American interests, while Paul would remove all of them and allow Islamic radicals to overrun our interests and allies everywhere. He even advocates shutting down all military bases here at home, essentially leaving the country defenseless. Paul’s “blame America first” attitude completely ignores the Islamic jihad now taking place and considers it all caused by American foreign policy. He gives the Islamics no credit at all for having their own ideological agenda."

http://www.theconservativevoice.com/article/30595.html

They are such wussies that they don't even offer a comment section for us to correct them. :mad:

Redcard
02-04-2008, 02:01 PM
Other than the "comments" about how it's disasterous.. Ron Paul is against a standing army. That would require the closure of bases. He did say that 9/11 was more of a reaction to our foreign policy than just a bunch of crazy men on a plane.

LibertyEagle
02-04-2008, 02:03 PM
I've never heard him say he would close down all the U.S. military bases.

literatim
02-04-2008, 02:03 PM
Ron Paul has never stated he would get rid of the standing army.

aksmith
02-04-2008, 02:04 PM
Dr. Paul has actually said he wants to reopen domestic bases that have been closed. This is just a bald faced lie.

Redcard
02-04-2008, 02:04 PM
Lemme find it on his congressional page.

Mystile
02-04-2008, 02:05 PM
At least the Democrats would leave some troops overseas to protect American interests, while Paul would remove all of them and allow Islamic radicals to overrun our interests and allies everywhere
Here's a challenging concept: America first. Let other countries take care of their business and let us take care of ours.

Ryan_G
02-04-2008, 02:05 PM
RP is not against a standing army! He considers national defense at top priority for the federal government, he just wants the troops on our soil

Join The Paul Side
02-04-2008, 02:09 PM
Other than the "comments" about how it's disasterous.. Ron Paul is against a standing army. That would require the closure of bases. He did say that 9/11 was more of a reaction to our foreign policy than just a bunch of crazy men on a plane.

Go away. :mad:

Redcard
02-04-2008, 02:10 PM
I remember reading a document on his congressional site about how he was against a Standing National Army because the constitution specified state level militias that could be called up to defend the nation if necessary. It was in reference to the "draft fears" that hit us last year sometime during Stop Loss.

I'm trying to find it now.

roXet
02-04-2008, 02:14 PM
too bad they fail to realize becuase of current foreign policy we HAVE NO ALLIES for the "jihadists" to overrun.

basevolgal
02-04-2008, 02:15 PM
I went to GreatAmericanJournal.com where the author of this article is owner, editor, etc and did the "contact" form and let him know he got his facts wrong in his article in The Conservative Voice and that it makes him look like a bold-faced liar.

Grandson of Liberty
02-04-2008, 02:16 PM
I remember reading a document on his congressional site about how he was against a Standing National Army because the constitution specified state level militias that could be called up to defend the nation if necessary. It was in reference to the "draft fears" that hit us last year sometime during Stop Loss.

Yeah, good luck with that. :rolleyes:

Redcard
02-04-2008, 02:16 PM
Yeah, good luck with that. :rolleyes:

The man writes a lot :P And he doesn't title his essays with the theme of them.

acptulsa
02-04-2008, 02:18 PM

Wrong. The Constitution calls for the federal government to provide for the common defense--that phrase sound familiar?--that's one of the few fundamentally required reasons for its existence according to that document. Paul has always maintained that he would maintain a strong, standing defense by land sea and air. These people are full of it.

MayTheRonBeWithYou
02-04-2008, 02:37 PM
This person is a complete fool. It is US intervention overseas that has radicalized the Muslims in the first place!

acptulsa
02-04-2008, 02:37 PM
There are now three rebuttals in the blog string, in three very different voices and coming at the problem from three different directions. I think we'd better say enough before they get pissed and pull every reply down.