PDA

View Full Version : Why the MSM is threatened by RP

tmg19103
08-07-2007, 05:16 PM
I don't really think it is mostly his message and stance, though that is part of it.

Realize that television stations and newspapers have been losing more and more revenue to the internet over recent years and they are scared. Network news is not just down because of CNN, Fox, etc. - it's also the internet.

Many people get their news online as opposed to reading the newspaper. I know here in Philly, instead of paying $1.10 each day for the two major papers, I read them each online for free and never click on an ad.

So, I think a lot of it is what Ron Paul represents - being able to run a presidential campaign without the MSM, and that scares them in regards to revenue dollars.

That being said, the MSM would be wise to NOW embrace RP to take away the internet threat by getting people watching RP on MSM shows and reading about him in the newspaper. I actually sense I minor trend in that direction now, and a decent showing in Ames will only help.

That way, we can control all the mass media :)

glts
08-07-2007, 05:22 PM
The mainstream media has been bought, hired and paid for by the New World Order. They aren't going anywhere.

yongrel
08-07-2007, 05:23 PM
I think MSNBC is warming up to RP, and hopefully, that's the beginning of a trend.