PDA

View Full Version : Having a hard time trying to convince someone to vote for RP? Post your story here

qh4dotcom
02-04-2008, 01:13 PM
Share your story here...

UnitedWeStand
02-04-2008, 01:25 PM
Im sure many of us have this story.

My neoconed dad. He thinks Ron Paul has " a lot of good ideas, but..."

I need a really good video of Ron Paul explaining his foreign policy. There isnt one yet that I know of because to my knowledge he hasn't yet outlined how he would accomplish withdrawal from our entanglements other than "just leave".

I understand that he would talk diplomatically with the leaders of thes countries and have an orderly withdrawal. I know he is a genius and I trust him to take the smaller initial steps to make the big changes. I just wish so much that he would detail these for the people who "agree with his domestic policies, but".

Tomorrow is my dads birthday, his 65th. Im having lunch with him and would love to be armed with some good ideas!I would love to hear from anyone who has had good results with this situation.

Excellent thread!

Jim_Karr
02-04-2008, 01:29 PM
I wrote to McCain,Huckabee and the other candidates and of yet they have yet to return my email. I told them what Ron Paul stood for and they should consider to vote for him. I am still waiting for a reply from them as of this time.

PhantomSTi
02-04-2008, 01:31 PM
I was in the same boat with my Father. He's 58 Years old and he was very much for Huckabee... After 3 months of debating with him, and many Ron Paul videos...a long with a little help with the video "How to make an American Angry" I woke up to my father saying "There are Ron Paul signs EVERYWHERE AROUND TOWN!!!" he was giddy as a school girl! He still doesn't 100% agree with Foreign Policy, but he knows Ron Paul is the only real conservative... He Voted for Bush back in 2000, and I'm proud for converting him. I also encouarged my girlfriend and a few other people to vote for Ron Paul and why.. But, wow.. It was a relentless battle..

hillertexas
02-04-2008, 01:33 PM
http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=32&highlight=introduce+yourself
Introduce yourself! Who, What, Where, Why!

KewlRonduderules
02-04-2008, 01:37 PM
You know passion rubs off on people especially in my family. My wife has donated to the campaign and she for the first time in her life registered as a republican. Her son will declare the rep. party tomorrow and vote Ron Paul. His friends are now interested in voting for ron paul. A few of my colleagues support him now. Lo and behold my next door neighbor is a supporter. We both have signs on both our lawns.

qh4dotcom
02-04-2008, 10:48 PM
bump

qh4dotcom
02-17-2008, 05:16 PM
bump

liberteebell
02-17-2008, 05:32 PM
Im sure many of us have this story.

My neoconed dad. He thinks Ron Paul has " a lot of good ideas, but..."

I need a really good video of Ron Paul explaining his foreign policy. There isnt one yet that I know of because to my knowledge he hasn't yet outlined how he would accomplish withdrawal from our entanglements other than "just leave".

I understand that he would talk diplomatically with the leaders of thes countries and have an orderly withdrawal. I know he is a genius and I trust him to take the smaller initial steps to make the big changes. I just wish so much that he would detail these for the people who "agree with his domestic policies, but".

Tomorrow is my dads birthday, his 65th. Im having lunch with him and would love to be armed with some good ideas!I would love to hear from anyone who has had good results with this situation.

Excellent thread!

Will your dad read? If so, give him a copy of Ron Paul's "A Foreign Policy of Freedom". It's on sale on the official website for $10. It's eye-opening, even for someone as well-versed in Ron Paul as I am :D He predicts the future...

On short notice, it's not easy to spell out convincingly. Even Ron Paul says that we can't just walk out of there and I think he's humanitarian enough to make sure there is some sort of transition to civilian organizations "running the show" and helping to rebuild. I know there will be a power vacuum, and Iraqis are used to living under a dictator but heck, we left Vietnam and the world didn't come to an end.

Further, the Iraqis don't want us there. Our military is overworked (multiple tours, stop-loss orders, the National Guard is over there) and equipment overused (just ask some of the people over there).

Good luck, it's a challenge and my experience is that it takes time. Keep chipping away!

liberteebell
02-17-2008, 05:33 PM
I would like to hear how you overcome these:

He's a republican (from Texas, no less!)

He can't win

Why is he even staying in the race?

SeanEdwards
02-17-2008, 05:47 PM
One of my uncles had a rather pointed response. He said:

"I'd rather register as a child-molester, than register republican."

That is really not a bad take on the GOP, in my opinion. What a disgusting bunch of scum. With one exception...