PDA

View Full Version : Idea for political cartoon/illustration!

Canadiandude
02-04-2008, 01:06 PM
I am an art student, i take pride in my ability to create. Lo and behold, a 4 week assignment comes up to do something political! I have been following the campaign religiously for the past couple of months, and i have learned a great deal about Ron Paul, the constitution, and the current state of affairs with the political system in the USA.

One idea i had would be Ron Paul and George bush playing chess, next to George is this machine http://www.chessmaniac.com/uploaded_images/deepblue.jpg-772488.jpg or at least something resembling it, it's feeding him a slip of paper as he's grasping it trying to read it in one hand, while attempting to imitate the move with one of his pieces in the other.

If there are any ideas willing to be thrown out there for a profound visual message, please let me hear it!

sillvergirl
02-04-2008, 01:17 PM
Why don't you draw a cartoon showing an octopus (corporate interests, banking establishment,military -industrial complex, big pharmaceutical industry,etc.) with its many arms stretching out to grasp all the major media outlets(newspapers, FOX, CBS, etc.) being fed by the candidates (other than Ron Paul, of course), and showing the "other Candidates " being protected by the obese octopus, from the onslaught of our hero, warrior octopus slayer, RON PAUL????

Canadiandude
02-04-2008, 01:24 PM
Not a bad idea, i can already see the tentacular appendages pulling in all the newspaper stands bearing different logos, while slop is being shovelled into it's mouth by the candidates. But what would Paul stand for in the image? What would make him the punch line?

Santana28
02-04-2008, 01:41 PM
you should make an old school communist propaganda poster with hillary clinton and john mccain's faces on it - very red, black, and white with straight lines and "heroic" figures.

heck, now you gave me a great ideal.

i *was* working on an awesome poster design with Dr. Paul grabbing a donkey by the tongue and stepping on an elephant's trunk... but i'll never be able to finish it with how busy i am.

sillvergirl
02-04-2008, 02:10 PM
Here is another version, portray Dr. Paul as a marine animal veterinarian, putting the obese octopus , and its food fish, (the media)on a treatment plan for their obesity, which is killing them ( i.e. their credibility) while the other candidates keep feeding fat tax dollars(crabs??)to the octopus......(showing them to be counterproductive to what really should be happening.

Canadiandude
02-04-2008, 03:30 PM
What about shovel fulls of useless paper money into the octopus' mouth? :D

Dave Pedersen
02-04-2008, 03:32 PM
http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=83427

I started this thread for that express purpose. Maybe one of the ideas posted there will catch your imagination.

Canadiandude
02-04-2008, 04:04 PM
Nice, thanks!

I'll be sure to keep you guys posted on the progress of the sketches. If there are any more ideas people want to throw my way, please do!

I like the octopus concept, but i wonder if it has been done before?