PDA

View Full Version : Write in ballots - how many states?

BillyDkid
02-04-2008, 12:55 PM
Does anyone know how many of the states allow write in votes for President? Are there enough to make a difference if we end up writing in Ron?

acptulsa
02-04-2008, 01:13 PM
No. Even if there are, not enough people will do it, and there's no guarantee that the machine counters will notice, much less count them.

Every state has a petition process to get independents on the ballot. I suggest you investigate and prepare.

Animalm0ther3
02-04-2008, 01:24 PM
I thought polls were required to allow write ins by law? I've never voted so I dont know...

If it comes down to it Im writing RON PAUL on the diebold with my sharpie.

acptulsa
02-04-2008, 02:07 PM
Some states may require it, but I don't think all do. And bring some white out in case the screen background is dark!

michaelwise
02-04-2008, 02:13 PM
A write in campaign should not be all that difficult. We would need educational commercials on how do a write in.

Grandson of Liberty
02-04-2008, 02:13 PM
if you think about it, if this election follows like the last two have, all he'd potentially have to do is win one single solitary state- even a tiny one- to throw the election into a giant cluster****. A candidate has to win 270 electoral votes to win the election. If that doesn't happen, then I believe congress votes on the President. A 15% approval rating congress by the way. Think there wouldn't be fireworks? :eek: