PDA

View Full Version : QUESTION: Web Designer - Pledge Counter?

AlexMerced
02-04-2008, 12:12 PM
How would I got making a pledge counter for LibertyWarChest.com similar to the ones past Fundraisers have.

PhantomSTi
02-04-2008, 12:19 PM
I can give you a quick reply... You'll need to know a few things, Flash and Actionscript. I'm sure the Pledge Counter is also Data Base driven (it has to be honestly) So, the Actionscript will be pulling Database values and it will be displaying them.

Nothing really THAT intimidating... ;)

AlexMerced
02-04-2008, 12:27 PM
I have flash, can you message me an example script. Plus how would I connect to the feedburner database for the numbers.

slantedview
02-04-2008, 12:37 PM
Just to throw my 2 cents in... I doubt feedburner allows a direct connection into their database to pull data you're interested in. I think they only allow data file downloads. You could have a script that pulls the file though and parses it to get a total pledge number. Do some more research on what feedburner allows. I might be wrong.

AlexMerced
02-04-2008, 12:55 PM
hmmm... I wonder how trevor does it, but he's so busy these days

Austin
02-04-2008, 01:09 PM
hmmm... I wonder how trevor does it, but he's so busy these days

I would recommend contacting the folks that created RonPaulBookBomb.com, because their counter is updated in real time.

AlexMerced
02-04-2008, 03:46 PM
ok, anyone know their forum name offhand

mediahasyou
03-29-2008, 08:58 PM
You could set it up using this:

It's a mailing list generator. Sends you addresses of people who have pledged. Free too. You just have to count up all your emails in your inbox and update it that way. But otherwise it's fine.

response-o-matic.com (http://response-o-matic.com)