PDA

View Full Version : Important update from the Maine grassroots

SteveMartin
02-04-2008, 11:59 AM
We have a tremendous Grass Roots organization up here in Maine, and we are proud to
report that we are the 1st State in the entire nation to get Ron to the 20%
threshold (reports show him at 19% with 70% of the vote in). This should be
plastered all over the campaign website, and blog, and a press release done
NOW so the Super Tuesday States can see it and see what is possible when we
do our job of GOTV. The sad part is, I know of several instances all over
this state (including my own town) where several "professed" Ron supporters
ended up BLOWING OFF their Caucuses.

Folks, this is a fact: If all our people came out and SHOWED UP, we would have bested McCain in this media/preference poll.

Also, even better news to report about Delegates.
In Maine, the preference poll you're hearing about in the media is
NON-BINDING and has nothing to do with getting Ron nominated. The critical
part of the Caucus is having people step forward/volunteer/be nominated as
Delegates from their town to goto our State Convention (May 3rd). It is
THOSE delegates that cast the binding vote in Maine. Our grass roots
network are reporting an average of 35% of all delegates being
known/committed Ron Delegates. There are most likely more that we don't
know about yet. But 35% is a good conservative figure at this time. What
we just did in Maine should set an example and inspire all remaining States
out there, and especially tomorrow's! Thank you, Mark D

r3volution1776
02-04-2008, 12:01 PM
Nice work Steve!!! I hope this inspires the rest of the country!

LibertyEagle
02-04-2008, 12:01 PM
Wow! :)

Airborn
02-04-2008, 12:08 PM
Nice. Good job Maine, if it wasn't so cold up there I might think about Joining the great freedom fighters up there.

Danny Molina
02-04-2008, 12:10 PM
The REAL Live Free or Die state.

Cinderella
02-04-2008, 12:11 PM
bump!!!! great job!!!!!!!!

yongrel
02-04-2008, 12:13 PM
It makes sense that Maine would like Ron Paul. After all, it's the only state in the Union with a single syllable name, which works out perfect for Mr. Paul.

BreakYourChains
02-04-2008, 12:14 PM
Great job!

dkim68
02-04-2008, 12:15 PM
*thumbs up*

seeker1
02-04-2008, 12:17 PM
Nice. Good job Maine, if it wasn't so cold up there I might think about Joining the great freedom fighters up there.

Louisiana and Maine are related by blood, so you don't gotsto move dere.:D

SteveMartin
02-04-2008, 12:18 PM
The other factor to consider is that in several of the larger towns, Romney supporters came in, voted and left. There was no ID check, and in order to stay to be nominated as a delegate you have to give and address, but they didn't hang around for that...

Things that make you go "hmmmmm...."

However, that is good for where it really counts...i.e. the delegate count where we may indeed wind up being first.

Bubba
02-04-2008, 12:19 PM
Roll on, Freedom Train!!

luvfreedom
02-04-2008, 12:21 PM
What about the other 30% of Maine? Will we ever find out?

SteveMartin
02-04-2008, 12:23 PM
ALSO,

State coordinator, Ken Lindell will be putting out a nationwide press release touting our delegate successes within the next couple of hours.

We have only four new towns from the 10 that caucused yesterday--and it was a wash between McCain and Paul. We did very well in Gray, but gave it all back in Cumberland. York and Kennebunk were close, with a vote or two either way only.

Shink
02-04-2008, 12:24 PM
That makes Maine essentially a first place finish, right? It sounds like some kickass shit.

SteveMartin
02-04-2008, 12:25 PM
Yep...or darned close to first place. Our supporters are more passionate and will show up in May too, so, even if Romney tied our delegate count I think we have a real good shot at carrying the nomination at Augusta when the time comes.

Shink
02-04-2008, 12:28 PM
Yep...or darned close to first place. Our supporters are more passionate and will show up in May too, so, even if Romney tied our delegate count I think we have a real good shot at carrying the nomination at Augusta when the time comes.

The campaign and America have a lot to thank you for. I just hope the campaign will BLAST THE NEWS that, "Hey, we kicked ass in Maine, Nevada, and Louisiana!" Probably won't, though.

Chester Copperpot
02-04-2008, 12:32 PM

Yeah Steve, thanks man. Its giving the rest of us a good morale boost. between Maine and the other state which shall not be mentioned It looks like were going to win the delegates from 2 states.

We've got our Battle of Trenton down now so *WE* know we can win... Now we just need a Battle of Saratoga victory to prove it to the rest.

Lets win some States tomorrow!

ShowMeLiberty
02-04-2008, 12:37 PM
*Standing Ovation for Maine*

Thank you all so much!!!

SteveMartin
02-04-2008, 12:39 PM
PLEASE TAKE MY O.P. VIRAL, AND IF ANYBODY HAS ANY PULL WITH ARLINGTON GET THEM TO PUT IT UP AT RONPAUL2008.COM

Thanks!

btwilli1
02-04-2008, 12:43 PM
Great job Maine, hopefully Louisiana will rise to the occassion come the state convention.

NoPants
02-04-2008, 12:46 PM
Really great! I can't wait for the press release.

freelance
02-04-2008, 12:51 PM
PLEASE TAKE MY O.P. VIRAL, AND IF ANYBODY HAS ANY PULL WITH ARLINGTON GET THEM TO PUT IT UP AT RONPAUL2008.COM

Thanks!

You've done great up in Maine. Now, finish the job.

You're the one with the phone number! :D

Dan Klaus
02-04-2008, 12:56 PM
Thanks to our friends in Maine and Steve for all your hard work......

SteveMartin
02-04-2008, 12:57 PM
Linda, I also just spoke to Julie Anne O'Brien, Maine GOP executive director, and I told her we had upwards of 50% of the delegates from Aroostook County for RP, and asked if she would correct CNN, etc. to match the "0" reported for Louisiana until we actually know what happens in Augusta on 5/3.

She told me she would issue the necessary corrections.

I am not looking at the media sites recording 18 delegates for Romney, so those of you who are need to keep us all informed if that change does indeed does take place.

Thanks!

Steve

SteveMartin
02-04-2008, 01:01 PM
You've done great up in Maine. Now, finish the job.

You're the one with the phone number! :D

Hmmm...OK. Give me some help. What should I say to Carol or Ron (whoever would answer)...just looking for the best phrasing...

It would seem that I am going to be asking them to ask their campaign to do their job?...yikes...How do I do that coyly, and non-offensively, as these are people they hired, right?

SteveMartin
02-04-2008, 01:07 PM
bump

SteveMartin
02-04-2008, 01:08 PM
Hurry...input needed before I call ASAP!!!

SteveMartin
02-04-2008, 01:11 PM
bump again

freelance
02-04-2008, 01:14 PM
Hmmm...OK. Give me some help. What should I say to Carol or Ron (whoever would answer)...just looking for the best phrasing...

It would seem that I am going to be asking them to ask their campaign to do their job?...yikes...How do I do that coyly, and non-offensively, as these are people they hired, right?

I don't know. You're the one who knows them and has a relationship with them. That would be like me asking you how to approach my mother--God forbid! LOL

Sarge
02-04-2008, 01:16 PM
Steve,

Just give them the facts as you see them.

You all did a great job, and it is up to them on what else they should consider doing. They should not put you down for being honest in your feelings.

Just my opinion.

SteveMartin
02-04-2008, 01:16 PM
OK...well, I can't think of an effective way to make that call.

Sarge
02-04-2008, 01:22 PM
Steve,

Tell it from you heart.

The words will be there when they answer.

Start with the positive news and the rest will flow.

Again, my opinion from making years of tough phone calls.

BreakYourChains
02-04-2008, 01:26 PM
Either the official website is very inefficient in posting new press releases, or once again our campaign leaders are dropping the ball. Someone needs to be churning out press releases every couple of hours! This is dreadful, and yes, this Maine issue needs to be released!

ATS
02-04-2008, 01:28 PM
Tell em just like it is. You've done a great job and now the public needs to know. If you were the boss, would you want to know? Just don't make it personal.

sgrooms
02-04-2008, 01:31 PM
you should record the call

therealjjj77
02-04-2008, 01:33 PM
We've only had an upward trend ever since this precinct leader campaign and since the headquarters had a house cleaning after Iowa and New Hampshire. I'm looking forward to seeing the results tomorrow.

Nevada: 14%
Louisiana: ??(apparently we won it if they hadn't illegally changed their rules)
Oklahoma: ??(I heard we did very well there and since the media isn't reporting the results, that must be a good sign!)
Maine: 19%

IDefendThePlatform
02-04-2008, 01:41 PM
I am also encouraged by our upward trend of late. Florida was a step back, but we are also fighting the "throwing away my vote" garbage that a lot of people buy into. Hopefully, this continues through super tuesday and beyond.

therealjjj77
02-04-2008, 01:42 PM
Steve,

Presenting something like this is like making a sandwich. You first start out with bread(fluffy white stuff that really has no serious health benefits), then you have lettuce and tomatoes(these are good for you but wouldn't taste very good just by themselves) then the meat(this is also good for you and has some substance) and finally some more bread.

First start out complimenting them on how well things have come along and how we are closer to freedom then we ever dreamed. Then present facts. And then present your concerns. And then more compliments on the excellent job that Ron and Carol have done and how you appreciate their hard work for the cause of freedom.

SteveMartin
02-04-2008, 03:17 PM
Didn't have to!!! Press release is OUT!!!:

Ron Paul Beats McCain in Maine Caucus, Primed to Win Over 1/3 of State
Delegates (2/4/08)

In the race for delegates, Ron Paul appears to closely trail Romney for
first place
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
February 4, 2008
ARLINGTON, VIRGINIA – While most reports about this past weekend’s Maine
Caucus focused on the purely symbolic presidential preference poll, in the
meaningful race to secure delegates to the state convention Ron Paul is
primed to finish second with likely 35 percent of the total delegates.
Delegates to the Republican National Convention in Minneapolis are elected
by the state delegates. Internal results from 10 of 16 counties, including
the largest cities of Portland, South Portland, Lewiston, Auburn, Augusta,
Waterville, Bangor, and Brewer, show Ron Paul picking up 215 of 608 State
Convention delegates so far reported, or 35%.
“Ron Paul’s strong second place finish in Maine, in which he beat John
McCain, is proof that this race is far from over,” said Ron Paul campaign
manager Lew Moore. “We’ll continue to battle for every delegate in this
wide-open race for the Republican nomination.”
In the presidential preference poll, with 70 percent reporting, Ron Paul is
in third place just two percentage points behind John McCain. However, the
Maine preference poll is purely a beauty contest, and in the actual election
of state delegates the so-called “frontrunner” McCain is far behind Ron
Paul.