Ron Paul Fan
08-07-2007, 04:35 PM
http://thecaucus.blogs.nytimes.com/2007/08/07/ron-pauls-first-ad/

krott5333
08-07-2007, 04:39 PM
perhaps another format?

david.griffus
08-07-2007, 04:42 PM
Eh, that was ok. Just ok, though. I wish they would stop playing that stupid song.

david.griffus
08-07-2007, 04:43 PM
You need realplayer to view it.

beermotor
08-07-2007, 04:43 PM
One word: AWESOME.

Realplayer is lame but yeah I have it, heh.

PatriotOne
08-07-2007, 04:44 PM
Cool! Great commercial.

krott5333
08-07-2007, 04:46 PM
You need realplayer to view it.

I refuse to install realplayer

Lord Xar
08-07-2007, 04:48 PM
Its a good commercial.. and I am GLAD THEY TALKED ABOUT SECURING THE BORDER!!

you can only say so much in 30 seconds....

Man from La Mancha
08-07-2007, 04:50 PM

I can't stand Real Player, I'll wait

Akus
08-07-2007, 04:51 PM
So are they playing it in between QVC's vacuum cleaner infomercials at 3am? :rolleyes:

Shatterhand
08-07-2007, 04:53 PM
Its a good commercial.. and I am GLAD THEY TALKED ABOUT SECURING THE BORDER!!

you can only say so much in 30 seconds....

I prefer your radio ad to be honest. I thought this was okay. And I'm getting tired of that song too.

But I guess you're right. Hard to fit in everything in thirty-seconds. At least it will help get his name out there. :D

Razmear
08-07-2007, 04:58 PM
Cant see the ad, anyone else getting this error:

RealMedia File Format: File "PRES_PAUL_PROTECT.rm" does not support playback over linear file systems (e.g. HTTP 1.0).

Lord Xar
08-07-2007, 05:05 PM
I prefer your radio ad to be honest. I thought this was okay. And I'm getting tired of that song too.

But I guess you're right. Hard to fit in everything in thirty-seconds. At least it will help get his name out there. :D

well thanks :)

I tend to think that he "might" fall into traditional ads... which is a bore.

Too bad they don't contact me :-) , I have alot of visionary type of things in my head... in terms of instilling pride and a surge of hope in people..

The thing is... this IS a revolution, so his ads much represent that... not in a juvenile way, but in a way that breeds excitement.. when you do the the "same ol' same ol'" that doesn't move people.....

but its his first ad... hopefully he will get feedback and HIS HQ WILL LISTEN.. they need to get people off the couch, not say "oh that was a fair ad.... not dramatic"...

see to me... if you are saying ANYTHING similiar to other candidates then the ONLY thing that is different is ones charisma... two messengers, one message.. Ron Paul will lose -- he is not that charismatic...

SO, you need to have a DIFFERENT message...... which he does, so he needs to say it...

WAKE UP!
Special interest have hijacked america.
This isn't about left or right, but about right and wrong!
No War, No Amnesty, No Taxes,
Yes to freedom, Yes to Liberty...
YES TO THE CONSTITUTION
Vote Ron Paul, and Restore the Republic!

FreedomLover
08-07-2007, 05:09 PM

qft

guntherg16
08-07-2007, 05:27 PM
I liked the ad, but then I'm partial to anything Ron Paul.

I think they got the major points in there, secure the border, restore the Constitution and stop runaway spending.

im_a_pepper
08-07-2007, 05:37 PM
Working on youtubing it.

Green Mountain Boy
08-07-2007, 05:40 PM
I'm working on getting it on YouTube....patience :)

Edit: im_a_pepper - we think alike!

Green Mountain Boy
08-07-2007, 05:53 PM
Here it is: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Glfw5iXE0uU

The the audio got cut off at the last second however.

UtahApocalypse
08-07-2007, 05:56 PM

Agreed, Real Player is so bad not even RP is worth installing it on my pc.

Churchill2004
08-07-2007, 05:58 PM
Meh. It was ok, but it didn't really make him stand out. All candidates talk about cutting spending and securing the border- he should emphasize what makes him different.

Craig_R
08-07-2007, 05:59 PM
what song is it? I'm at work and cant hear

0zzy
08-07-2007, 06:00 PM
It was only okay. Could have been better.

Scribbler de Stebbing
08-07-2007, 06:03 PM
They spelled his name correctly, and showed his face with a crowd of adoring fans. What more can you do?

jpa
08-07-2007, 06:06 PM
guys & girls,
a online forum of Ron Paul supporters is about the WORST focus group you can have for a TV ad.

Play it for a non political junkie in the midwest, and see what they think.

goldenequity
08-07-2007, 06:09 PM
Audio Posted:

Ron Paul National Campaign Television Spot (30 sec)

HERE (http://www.ronpaulaudio.com/index.html#new)

randy:)

gravesdav
08-07-2007, 06:10 PM
What other candidates are running TV ads? I'm not in Iowa, but all I know for sure is Romney.

Craig_R
08-07-2007, 06:13 PM
what song is it? I'm at work and cant hear

anyone?

d'anconia
08-07-2007, 06:16 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tn67Y_00dk0

Razmear
08-07-2007, 06:21 PM
Its the Steve Dore song, I forget what it's called, but it plays at all of his events.
Watching the ad makes me even more certain that we need to form the RonPaulForums PAC so we can put more ads out there ourselves. I think we might have some better marketing talent (and definitely some better web design talent) than the official campaign.

eb

Craig_R
08-07-2007, 06:28 PM
thanks raz, critical to get political or hope for america , gotcha.

why the hell would anyone be sick of those songs?

they rock

LinuxUser269

real is not so bad on a linux pc. it dosnt take over your system
RP
:D 08

Lord Xar
guys & girls,
a online forum of Ron Paul supporters is about the WORST focus group you can have for a TV ad.

hahahhahah... this is true...

Ninja Homer
08-07-2007, 06:33 PM
It's up on YouTube already, but for future reference, give Real Alternative (http://www.free-codecs.com/download/Real_Alternative.htm) a try.

Razmear
08-07-2007, 06:35 PM
thanks raz, critical to get political or hope for america , gotcha.

why the hell would anyone be sick of those songs?

they rock

Its the Hope for America one, I like Critical better personally.

eb

JosephTheLibertarian
08-07-2007, 06:40 PM
http://www.kwtx.com/home/headlines/9020207.html another article on this

Man from La Mancha
08-07-2007, 06:46 PM
It's up on YouTube already, but for future reference, give Real Alternative (http://www.free-codecs.com/download/Real_Alternative.htm) a try.

Thank you, not only does it work great and fast, this program eliminated all traces of real player from my system

MozoVote
08-07-2007, 07:19 PM
eb

I like Steve's "Choose Liberty" song. People could really learn that one, and sing it at rallies, and I think it would sound good.

Have never been partial to the one HQ uses here.

kylejack
08-07-2007, 07:19 PM
Its a pretty good ad that hits things with broad public support, though they could have used a clip with better audio to show Ron Paul speaking.

d'anconia
08-07-2007, 08:44 PM

eb

Exactly my thoughts. I listened to Ron Paul Radio and was pleasantly surprised by "Critical" (is that the name?) but didn't really like the others much.

marcburmeister
08-07-2007, 09:31 PM
What other candidates are running TV ads? I'm not in Iowa, but all I know for sure is Romney.

I just saw a Huckabee ad followed by a Duncan Hunter ad during the 10 o'clock Des Moines news. Been watching all night and haven't seen a Ron Paul ad...

tiznow
08-07-2007, 09:35 PM
nice at 12 second mark of the ad that's me on bottom right with back to camera waving sign. :)

Scribbler de Stebbing
08-07-2007, 09:39 PM
I just saw a Huckabee ad followed by a Duncan Hunter ad during the 10 o'clock Des Moines news. Been watching all night and haven't seen a Ron Paul ad...

Where are these guys getting the money? They must be going in hock big time.

MozoVote
08-07-2007, 09:41 PM
It's common for campaigns to go into debt. I remember there was speculation that Gary Hart would not be able to run in 1988 because he was still carrying debt from 1984, early in the season.

inibo
08-07-2007, 10:24 PM

http://www.free-codecs.com/download/Real_Alternative.htm

marcburmeister
08-07-2007, 10:25 PM
Where are these guys getting the money? They must be going in hock big time.

I see Romney ads all the time. It's why he is polling #1 in Iowa. Also see some Obama ads once in a while and Bill Richardson is running ads quite a bit too for the Dem side. I believe Richardson is polling around 10% here in Iowa (likely due to the name recognition from the tv ads).

Tonight was the first time I've seen an ad from other than Romney on tv for a Republican candidate. Hunter's ad was talking about the border fence he "built". Huckabee's something about taxes but I just caught part of the end.

I've gotten a phone call from Romney supporters two days in a row asking me to go to the straw poll and vote. Last week I got a robo call from Romney and also saw the Brownback hq called when I was at work(caller id). Also on same day of the Brownback call, Gallup poll called according to caller id. Unfortunately I wasn't home to tell them who I was voting for.

I have yet to get a call for Ron Paul or see any ad. I even saw an ad in my local paper for John Cox recently. Yes I said John Cox!?!

For someone who said Tommy Thompson doesn't have a chance - I'd think again. In my parking lot at work (Insurance agency approx 70 employees) here in western Iowa there are two presidential candidate bumper stickers. Mine for Ron Paul and one for Tommy Thompson. Tommy has literally lived in Iowa for several months campaigning hard.

We have a lot of work to do in so few days.

disinter
08-07-2007, 11:27 PM
I am not very impressed. I have seen a lot of grassroots videos that are lot more inspiring...

disinter
08-07-2007, 11:28 PM
One thing though, now that Ron Paul is spending money with the establishment media, you can bet they will be giving him a lot more coverage.

That's how it works.

Jake!
08-07-2007, 11:33 PM
I wasn't impressed. I expected something with soundbites: "champion of the constitution", "pro-liberty", "freedom is popular", "hope for america" "one of six republicans who stood against the iraq war" we don't need a bad song or a narrator.

Jake!
08-07-2007, 11:45 PM
this is almost perfect:
http://www.ronpaul2008.com/uploads/audio/RPTired60.mp3

Sematary
08-07-2007, 11:46 PM
Cant see the ad, anyone else getting this error:

RealMedia File Format: File "PRES_PAUL_PROTECT.rm" does not support playback over linear file systems (e.g. HTTP 1.0).

Yes, and I tried to install the new Realplayer but it said I didn't have administrator access (I'm the only user) on my own computer, and quit.

TyTodd
08-07-2007, 11:46 PM
As an avid Ron Paul supporter, I'm ecstatic that the campaign is finally putting some dollars to work here, even if it is late in the game for the Iowa straw poll...

But, this is a terrible advertisement. Playing at the same time, we have a cheesy song in the background, a narrator, scrolling words (not tied to the narrator or song), and random images from Paul's events. This violates every tenet of advertising and marketing common sense regarding targeted messaging and clear / concise communications. Considering the preponderance of awesome amateur videos on youtube - calling Aravoth! - this is really disappointing. And, as noted in an earlier post, this hardly identifies the core issues where Paul is distinguished from his fellow candidates: the Iraq war, foreign policy, fiscal policy, and the Constitution.

My favorite Aravoth video: http://youtube.com/watch?v=IWfIhFhelm8

Sematary
08-07-2007, 11:48 PM
Here it is: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Glfw5iXE0uU

The the audio got cut off at the last second however.

It IS a little lame but it gets his name out. 30 seconds isn't much to work with.

Sematary
08-07-2007, 11:50 PM
Its the Steve Dore song, I forget what it's called, but it plays at all of his events.
Watching the ad makes me even more certain that we need to form the RonPaulForums PAC so we can put more ads out there ourselves. I think we might have some better marketing talent (and definitely some better web design talent) than the official campaign.

eb

THAT is what I'm talking about. I was thinking about that tonight. We NEED to do this. How do we get started?

disinter
08-07-2007, 11:50 PM
this is almost perfect:
http://www.ronpaul2008.com/uploads/audio/RPTired60.mp3

Oh, I like that one!!

wbbgjr
08-07-2007, 11:53 PM
The 3 radio ads and the tv ad are on www.ronpaul2008.com

TyTodd
08-07-2007, 11:56 PM
Oh, I like that one!!

Yeah, definitely much better than the video ad...

Thomas_Paine
08-08-2007, 12:14 AM
guys & girls,

Agreed