PDA

View Full Version : In Philadelphia with a megaphone

drexhex
02-04-2008, 10:59 AM
I plan on standing on a corner by 30th Street Station almost all day tomorrow with a megaphone, wearing my R[evol]ution sweatshirt and holding a RP sign. What I need is suggestions for what I should say. I have a few ideas already:

- Read the Constitution (or just the Bill of Rights)
- Read the Declaration of Independence
- Tell all of Paul's stances and why they are important
- "I'm mad as hell, and I'm not going to take this anymore!"

Any other suggestions from the Paulbots?

Jae0
02-04-2008, 11:02 AM
How about

JUDGE BY THEIR PAST ACTIONS NOT BY THEIR CURRENT WORDS.

Cinderella
02-04-2008, 11:03 AM
How about

JUDGE BY THEIR PAST ACTIONS NOT BY THEIR CURRENT WORDS.

ooo i like that one....exposes them all....and it will expose that ron paul says the same thing to whatever crowd no matter what time it is!!!

tpreitzel
I plan on standing on a corner by 30th Street Station almost all day tomorrow with a megaphone, wearing my R[evol]ution sweatshirt and holding a RP sign. What I need is suggestions for what I should say. I have a few ideas already:

- Read the Constitution (or just the Bill of Rights)
- Read the Declaration of Independence
- Tell all of Paul's stances and why they are important
- "I'm mad as hell, and I'm not going to take this anymore!"

Any other suggestions from the Paulbots?

If Pennsylvania is a closed primary, contrast Ron's positions with his opponents, i.e. McCain, Romney, Huckabee.
If Pennsylvania is an open primary, ditto closed primary actions, but stress his opposition to foreign wars more.

btwilli1
Soldiers donate 3 times more money to Ron Paul than any other candidate. What do the soldiers really want?

Shink
02-04-2008, 11:04 AM
Give a nod to Alex Jones, the master of the megaphone: "The answer to 1984 is 1776!"

cswake
02-04-2008, 11:04 AM
I personally believe none of those actions will do any good and might alienate people. How about holding a large sign saying that Paul is the only one who *voted* against Iraq, only one who has a proposed plan to hunt down Osama, etc. Or, head to this thread:
http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=107352

AzNsOuLjAh27
02-04-2008, 11:07 AM
tell them about obama and how hes for invading Iran, remind them that he's related to Bush and Dick Chaney, tell them about the no more income tax, stoping the war on oil.

Ex Post Facto
02-04-2008, 11:09 AM
Tell them to Youtube search Obama Limo Sex, and ask why this hasn't made the news.

JPFromTally
02-04-2008, 11:10 AM
People with megaphones in big cities are usually drowned out like car alarms.

IMO, you will be associated with every other person that stands on a street corner with a megaphone: wackos.

You might have better luck passing out flyers and answering questions.

Jae0
02-04-2008, 11:10 AM
Tell them to Youtube search Obama Limo Sex, and ask why this hasn't made the news.

haha wtf?

Ex Post Facto
02-04-2008, 11:12 AM
haha wtf?

http://youtube.com/watch?v=01ik-yzPCPc

UnitedWeStand
02-04-2008, 11:19 AM
I wouldnt say any of those things, personally. You dont want to scare people. If I were to use a megaphone, i would just use it to tell people either=

1.Ron Paul facts=
RON PAUL has more military donations than all the other candidates put together
RON PAUL wants to promote peace with the world through diplomacy
RON PAUL will repeal the patriot act
RON PAUL wants to get rid of the income tax
RON PAUL will save social security by saving trillions of dollars overseas
RON PAUL has 100,000 meetup members across the country working hard for him for free
RON PAUL (insert non conspiracy fact here)

or=
I am not being paid to do this. I am a ______ and a citizen of this town. I just want to make sure that all of you know about Ron Paul before the election. Please go to ronpaul2008.com and educate yourself before you vote.

or=
please educate yourself before you vote today. go to knowbeforeyouvote.com or take one of my informative fliers that compares the candidates.

The main thing is--please please dont scare them, make yourself approachable and friendly. It will be very easy to make yourself the "THE END IS NEAR' guy--the guy who makes people associate Ron Paul with raving lunatics screaming confusion .

above all, please remember that we are not selling rebellion or fringe--we are selling sanity and want to reach mainstream America. Show your passion, but be approachable.

UnitedWeStand
02-04-2008, 11:20 AM
People with megaphones in big cities are usually drowned out like car alarms.

IMO, you will be associated with every other person that stands on a street corner with a megaphone: wackos.

You might have better luck passing out flyers and answering questions.

yep, what he said.

drexhex
02-04-2008, 11:22 AM
Thanks for the suggestions everyone. And to the person who said I would be labeled a wacko: by virtue of being a Ron Paul supporter, I am already labeled a wacko.

PA's primary isn't until the end of April. I figure spending a little time doing this won't hurt, especially since we should know by then either who will win the Republican nomination or whether we will be going to a brokered convention or not.

UnitedWeStand
02-04-2008, 11:24 AM
One more thing, if you do this..please shave and be well dressed and groomed=)>