PDA

View Full Version : Where did the 19 + Million dollars we gave Ron Paul's Campaign last qtr go?!?

Stealth4
02-04-2008, 10:17 AM
Seriously - where did it go? Because I dont see a 20 M boost at this point.

I've heard of just a few ads and some direct mail. Does that little bit really = 20 M?

Dissapointing :(

Laja
02-04-2008, 10:31 AM
he still has a lot of it. using it for commercials for 20 states super tuesday. you don't need to concern yourself with how dr. paul is using the money. he's very thrifty and will stretch those dollars to their max.

Basilieus
02-04-2008, 10:33 AM

I've heard of just a few ads and some direct mail. Does that little bit really = 20 M?

He bought a bunch of hookers and beer... oh and cheetos. Is that what you want to hear?

hellsingfan
02-04-2008, 10:33 AM
if you have seen just what you have, then wth do you expect that he spend all the money on YOU? Get some common sense, he's advertising in other states as well! You of course don't live in ALL 50 states to see everything! Stop these bs posts!

Eponym_mi
02-04-2008, 10:36 AM
using it for commercials for 20 states super tuesday.

Judging from comments in other threads, I'm questioning this. I'd like to know how candidates that are supposedly broke (McCain and Huckabee) have been advertising in nearly every race, but Ron Paul has not.

blakjak
02-04-2008, 10:38 AM
Do a search on the forums and you'll be able to find an itemized list of expenditures.

Stealth4
02-04-2008, 10:38 AM
if you have seen just what you have, then wth do you expect that he spend all the money on YOU? Get some common sense, he's advertising in other states as well! You of course don't live in ALL 50 states to see everything! Stop these bs posts!

Your post is BS. Prove to me he has been advertising in the super tuesday states.

What I've heard on here, there has been little advertising.

johnrocks
02-04-2008, 10:41 AM
Louisiana's Primary is Saturday and not one commercial have I seen yet every commercial break I see an Obama commercial.

derekjohnson
02-04-2008, 10:42 AM
He has been running ads all over the country. What exactly do you think is a 20 million dollar boost? Unfortunately, Mccain and Romney get to use their money on adds, while the MSM gives them 50 million in free marketing. You can't beat the MSM marketing for them and negative marketing against Paul. All we can hope is the money continues to spread the message and convert liberty lovers.

nullvalu
02-04-2008, 10:46 AM
Your post is BS. Prove to me he has been advertising in the super tuesday states.

I've heard a number of radio ads on Illinois (Chicago) radio. Unless you'd like to accuse me of being a liar, I can attest that HQ is advertising in Super Tuesday states, or at least, Illinois.

WilliamC
02-04-2008, 10:47 AM
Lot's of radio adds in Tennessee.

LukeNM
02-04-2008, 10:48 AM
Ron Paul is running his campaign, enough said!

mconder
02-04-2008, 10:48 AM

Not one of these threads again.

Jae0
02-04-2008, 10:53 AM
I saw and heard ads in the Knoxville, TN area. My friend I visited down there also got a mailer.

LibertyEagle
02-04-2008, 10:54 AM
http://query.nictusa.com/cgi-bin/dcdev/forms/C00432914/320652/

http://www.opensecrets.org/pres08/expend.asp?id=N00005906&cycle=2008

Revolution9
Not one of these threads again.

Yeah. I am inclined to step in a slap the smarmy spit out of his face but I think I will just let the drooldonkey float with his prevaricating BS as it has been well sussed out in the thread. Ron knows exactly what he is doing. Playing chess.. Not effing tiddlywinks like the other candidates.

Best
Randy

BLS

I live in MN.
I've heard RP ads on the radio and seen them on TV for about a week now.
He's HAMMERING the local Hannity/Rush FM talk radio station about 15 times a DAY.

He's spending the money, and he's also holding on to some for the LONG HAUL.

If you don't believe me, goto www.ktlkfm.com (http://www.ktlkfm.com) and listen to the show.

Danny Molina
02-04-2008, 10:55 AM
I've seen commercials for McCain and he doesn't even have any money. I have yet to see a Ron Paul commercial.

G-Wohl
02-04-2008, 10:56 AM
I think that areas with higher concentrations of RP supporters are probably seeing less of this money than others. After all, why would the campaign go after votes they've already secured?

My guess is that if HQ has half a brain, they're doing research into finding key areas where they can hit with advertisements and gain new supporters and votes.

Cinderella
02-04-2008, 10:58 AM
I think that areas with higher concentrations of RP supporters are probably seeing less of this money than others. After all, why would the campaign go after votes they've already secured?

My guess is that if HQ has half a brain, they're doing research into finding key areas where they can hit with advertisements and gain new supporters and votes.

i can agree with this^^

btw people.....while the other candidates pllay checkers ron paul is playing chess....hes above all this msm bullshhhh

Jae0
02-04-2008, 11:00 AM

Nice

scooter
02-04-2008, 11:02 AM
People love to complain around here. Complain about the GOP, so they start to talk 3rd party. GOP people come to complain about the 3rd party idea. Then complain about the official compaign. Complain, complain, complain.

Have you ever considered that they might be consentrating ads to where they think they will do well? Or perhaps the crap television spots aren't their top priority...

MayTheRonBeWithYou
02-04-2008, 11:03 AM
Lots of radio on huge stations here in LA.

Jae0
02-04-2008, 11:03 AM
Also if you live in a Winner Take All state, dont expect a ton of coverage.

attackkatt
02-04-2008, 11:08 AM
.:eek::eek:

Calm Down...20 million couldn't buy the toilet lid on the space shuttle. The others are calling in favors "if they don't own Clear Channel" . Hillary pissed away 32million for a run at senate in one state

Misesian
02-04-2008, 11:09 AM
If he only accepted the matching funds :( The earmarking logic would've applied there too. It also wouldn't have been anywhere near as damning as that racism crap the pimpy faced kid smeared him with the day before NH.

The grassroots should be running campaigns in each of these states too though so hopefully people stop expecting TV and radio ads to win votes since they don't, they only assist in gaining support with the door to door canvassing.

qh4dotcom
02-04-2008, 11:15 AM
If you don't like the way he's spending the money you're donating to him....how about if you spend it yourself promoting him. You can go buy some cheap radio or TV ads.

Jae0
02-04-2008, 11:16 AM
If you don't like the way he's spending the money you're donating to him....how about if you spend it yourself promoting him.

+1

MilitaryDave
02-04-2008, 11:42 AM
The campaign is hiring staff, opening headquarters ... GROWING. The others are defecit spending like the federal government, they are playing within the "rules" of an MSM campaign. Do you think McCain and Romney and Huckabee campaigns actually have the money they are spending? When Super Tuesday is over, Dr Paul will still have the money and organization to compete in the remaining 20 states. The others will be extending their sprint state-to-state while Ron will be well established and ready to face them every step of the way.

That said, the campaign still needs more money to make this a reality. I give till it hurts and with my wife and I, we still have a long way to go to reach our $4,600 combined limit.

LEK
02-04-2008, 11:45 AM
Look at what the people in MA paid for a one day ad in the Globe, $49,000.
Running for president is expensive - must use funds wisely.

SteveMartin
02-04-2008, 11:45 AM
I just got a robo call to Maine from Dr. Paul urging me to vote tomorrow in the Super Tuesday primaries. Doesn't give me much time to sell everything and move to another state and get registered...

jkm1864
02-04-2008, 12:19 PM
Do You actually think He is blowing the money .... Every time He leases a auditorium to speak thats a good 10k gone right there. I wonder how much He spends zipping around the country on private jets I would imagine a arm and a leg. Personaly I think He should of used the common carriers because He could have talked to people and reached out more ... I am sure the captain would even advertise his presence.

coffeewithchess
02-04-2008, 12:24 PM
Judging from comments in other threads, I'm questioning this. I'd like to know how candidates that are supposedly broke (McCain and Huckabee) have been advertising in nearly every race, but Ron Paul has not.

Exactly.

CaliforniaGold
02-04-2008, 12:26 PM
I am in California...This is an important state and I listen to talk radio a LOT.
I have only heard ONE radio add.

I am trusting RP to use his money wisely but this does confuse me.