PDA

View Full Version : BUrn Out

ghemminger
08-07-2007, 03:44 PM
Who else is starting to fizzle?.....I talked with my Meetup yesterday and all the guys say something similar. A few, 8-10 of us have been carring this campaign locally...I am sleepy, tired and pockets are thin.

FreedomLover
08-07-2007, 03:47 PM
The people your group has talked to and enlightened will carry on the torch for you, you're passing the boton to many more new RP supporters through your work.

But the hardest work is yet to come, If you're really feeling like you're neglecting your health or your family I would suggest taking a break to get back into your pre-Paul routine, then can rejoin us at the end of fall, when the real fun begins. :cool:

Lord Xar
08-07-2007, 03:48 PM
this is not a very motivational thread...

I am not fizzling at all. I am thinking of new ways to promote and be heard..

maybe that is what you need to do.... get creative and motivated..

if you have 7-8 people in your meetup, perhaps you need to get "Ninja" and do something cool -- of course, do not go under the guise of a "Meetup" and do something creative...

I am not fizzling, I am just getting reeved up. I admit, I am pooped but that is because its like taking a "final" at school... we were all CRAMMMING and now we are having that down time... now we need to get geared up again..

naw dude.. you need to step it up.. if you need money, take donations etc.. contact those persons doing merchandise and ask for discounts...

how about this.... .get the contacts and pricing for local newspapers and radio stations in your area... for various slots/ads ... and lets start that angle...

UCFGavin
08-07-2007, 03:49 PM
then take a little break. it should be something you enjoy doing, not something you feel obligated to do. we have a lot of time before the election and you can only do so much.

Kuldebar
08-07-2007, 03:49 PM
Well, take a break, geez.

We have a long way to go, using all your energy up this early shows that you aren't pacing yourself.

UCFGavin
08-07-2007, 03:50 PM
and definitely depend on the others in the meetup group. i assume you've got more than 8 people. try and get the others involved and get them stepping up. its much easier to work with people than trying to do it all yourself.

Mister Grieves
08-07-2007, 03:51 PM
If a 71 year old man can take time away from his family and loved ones at this stage in his life to fight for liberty and make all the other sacrifices that he has, not to mention being shunned right to his face by so many in the media, I think we can do our part just a bit longer.

We should be doing even more.

shadowhooch
08-07-2007, 03:53 PM
Who else is starting to fizzle?.....I talked with my Meetup yesterday and all the guys say something similar. A few, 8-10 of us have been carring this campaign locally...I am sleepy, tired and pockets are thin.

Just think about what Ron Paul is doing right now. He is 71, traveling all over the country in cars and planes, staying in hotel rooms, saying the same thing over and over again just to get people to listen and learn. Oh yeah, and he's still got his obligation to Congress. And he's got to keep this pace all the way through February.:eek:

Then, if he wins the nomination, as a "reward" he gets to do it all over again for 9 months to win out over the Democrat candidate.

Then, if he wins the Presidential election, his "reward" is to completely overhaul Washington against a bunch of career politicians who will stand in his way and defame him every chance they get.

Ron Paul is a true unselfish Patriot who is dedicating the late years of his life to his country. That is how much he loves this country.:cool:

Donating, writing lettters, distributing flyers, talking to people, is the LEAST we could do for this man.;)

RevolutionSD
08-07-2007, 03:56 PM

Take a few days off and get back out there.
We've hit the dog days of summer so it's understandable the way you feel. Lots of people are on vacation and just not paying attention right now. That's okay! We need to build right now anyway. In September, we'll have a lot more help.

When you get back to this, do some freeway blogging- it will reinvigorate you like you wouldn't believe! We did this on Saturday for a few hours and the supportive honks and waves we got were awesome!

Hang in there!

ghemminger
08-07-2007, 04:01 PM
Take a few days off and get back out there.
We've hit the dog days of summer so it's understandable the way you feel. Lots of people are on vacation and just not paying attention right now. That's okay! We need to build right now anyway. In September, we'll have a lot more help.

When you get back to this, do some freeway blogging- it will reinvigorate you like you wouldn't believe! We did this on Saturday for a few hours and the supportive honks and waves we got were awesome!

Hang in there!

Thanks people...I'm not quitting at all...just thought someone out there might be a little spent too.....Your words of encouragement are already siking me up....
:o

Man from La Mancha
08-07-2007, 04:07 PM
I look at this all the time to help envision what I want to see in the future for Ron..http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0l4xZoMSXQ0&mode=related&search=