PDA

View Full Version : To Win the White House, RP would have To.....

virginiakid
02-04-2008, 08:27 AM
Raise $150 Million to be competitive against Clinton and or Clinton/McCain.

Have a well structured Grassroots.

Get Out The Vote

Many support RP, but much like Obama, there is a lot of support from Non-Voters as well. SO getting these people to register to vote is important.

Any other ideas.

JAlli41
02-04-2008, 08:45 AM
a third party run would mean that he would suddenly gain the vote of a lot of new apathetic voters who dont care about politics and vote 3rd party no matter who it is... he'd have to raise money however. If he won the GOP he would have the money of the party to spend, which is a lot.

virginiakid
02-04-2008, 08:48 AM
True, but it seems like the republican fund raising is down by a big margin which tells me that there are a lot of people in protest of the Republican party. On the Democratic side, both candidates received over $100 million.

I think RP would need at least $150 million to stay competitive on the national front. I may be wrong. It really depends on the kind of coverage he can get and how well organized the grassroots becomes.

cswake
02-04-2008, 08:52 AM
The RNC has a pretty big boatload of cash. If Paul made it to the big game, I guarantee that the Grassroots donations would skyrocket once he was "electable" and not subject to a blackout.

acptulsa
02-04-2008, 08:57 AM
If we can get him the nomination, that's a huge pile of publicity right there. A third party run would be much, much tougher.

virginiakid
02-04-2008, 10:04 AM
bump